Entropia Universe 17.5 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Entropia Universe 17.5 Release Notes

New features:

Codex for Partners

• Next Island and Toulan have now been added to the Codex Challenge system. Other Planet Partners will be added in the next Version Update. Existing hunting missions already in progress on those planets will be available for one year for completion.

Codex Meta Challenge

• A new system of attribute rewards has been added to the Codex, which calculates rewards (retroactively) for all existing Codex Challenges, across all planets.

Changes:

• Removed ammo consumption and deterioration for missed shots from all non-ballistic and sweep weapons, including in PVP zones and in Space.

Fixes:

• Loading speed for the Codex has been improved
  • Server stability improvements

Planet Calypso Content Release 2020.0.6

Changes:

• Reduced the weight of “RDI Designs” hand in items
  • The Tezlapod creature has received a graphical update

Fixes:

• Fixed an issue where the Trade Terminals in Sector A1 & Sector B1 of the Secret RDI Lab were not working as intended.
  • Fixed an issue in Sector A1 & Sector B1 of the Secret RDI Lab where it was possible to interact with and receive damage from the “Effect Reset” terminal more than once before it disappears.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

No more missed shots! Nice

There are still missed shots but now you will not loose ammo. You only loose DPS.
Non ballistic and sweep weapons only? So doesn't include guns, am I reading that right.

[*]Next Island and Toulan have now been added to the Codex Challenge system. Other Planet Partners will be added in the next Version Update. Existing hunting missions already in progress on those planets will be available for one year for completion.
Everybody rushing to Arkadia, Cyrene and Rocktropia now...

[*]Removed ammo consumption and deterioration for missed shots from all non-ballistic and sweep weapons, including in PVP zones and in Space.
Am I assuming correctly, that for our game simulation BLP does not count as ballistic (as it would in terrestrial physics)? So this leaves rockets and grenades, yes? Which makes for an odd situation for rocket-equipped Sleipnirs in Space, which has BLP as secondary weapon. I'm not quite seeing the logic behind that distinction.
Edit: The above reply was posted during writing this. Flamethrowers count under BLP in this game, you think it makes a difference now?

I've gotten a lot of cool skills(stamina,agility etc. ) in the meta codex, and ... will I be taken to the reed plantations in Barbados?
P.S. I realized these are awards for past. THAAANKS!

Last edited:
Removed ammo consumption and deterioration for missed shots from all non-ballistic and sweep weapons, including in PVP zones and in Space.

Just to clarify this point; this refers to shots that did not hit the target (ones that were fired into air/space). These shots will no longer consume ammo or cause decay when they happen in PvP zones, just as is already the case since earlier in non-PvP zones.

Just to clarify this point; this refers to shots that did not hit the target (ones that were fired into air/space). These shots will no longer consume ammo or cause decay when they happen in PvP zones, just as is already the case since earlier in non-PvP zones.
Thank you. Confusion remains about the distinction implied in the wording above between non-ballistic and ballistic weapons.

Removed ammo consumption and deterioration for missed shots from all non-ballistic and sweep weapons, including in PVP zones and in Space.
This was long overdue! Greatly appreciated.
But not impressed with the nerf to the Christmas ring.. ??

Thank you. Confusion remains about the distinction implied in the wording above between non-ballistic and ballistic weapons.

Rockets, Grenades and Sleipnir rockets still cost ammo in pvp for missed shot.

Ballistic weapons are those you do not know when fired if they will hit or not, like rockets and grenades.

Ballistic weapons are those you do not know when fired if they will hit or not, like rockets and grenades.
Okay, so this does indeed include Flamethrowers as noted by someone else above? Since otherwise they classify under BLP.

NI and Toulan first... seems odd. less mobs maybe?

NI and Toulan first... seems odd. less mobs maybe?

It sounds like the PP teams do a lot of the legwork on the transition, so it’s whatever team gets done first. It may be out of MA’s hands what ones are ready first.

RT dev team is almost non existent
Ark dev team MIA
Cyrene dev team usually experience delays

These changes are awesome!

"Codex Meta Challenge
  • A new system of attribute rewards has been added to the Codex, which calculates rewards (retroactively) for all existing Codex Challenges, across all planets.
Changes:
  • Removed ammo consumption and deterioration for missed shots from all non-ballistic and sweep weapons, including in PVP zones and in Space."

Wondering what the retroactive criteria were for awarding attribute challenge. I'm at rank 63 and my soc mate is rank 15. Any ideas?

Wondering what the retroactive criteria were for awarding attribute challenge. I'm at rank 63 and my soc mate is rank 15. Any ideas?
I believe it is based on codex completion across all planets, which would mean the retroactive rewards are based on calypso codex progress.

Codex implementation is a bit concerning. I can't view Caly mobs on Rocktopia or SI. Can't see if I'm skilling properly if I hunt Merp, Exo, Argo, Diakiba, ect. Also would like to not have to travel to claim rewards.

Codex implementation is a bit concerning. I can't view Caly mobs on Rocktopia or SI. Can't see if I'm skilling properly if I hunt Merp, Exo, Argo, Diakiba, ect. Also would like to not have to travel to claim rewards.

did you try the drop down menu at top left too ? i am on toulan and look on the caly ones

What happened to Xmas ring??

It had a 5% Life Steal Buff and in a thread someone was complaining about the ring being too good and MA stated it will instead be a -5% Life Steal Debuff.
Oh wow, that’s kinda pooper ring now
Need +5% elsewhere to offset
Hmmm

For what it's worth, codex meta rewards are insanely OP. Personally they feel like they are 10-20x what they should be. And yes I totally expect to be flamed for saying this.

Back