Entropia Universe Client Installation Testing Assistance

Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
A replacement application certificate has recently been installed for the Entropia Universe client application, to resolve the issue referenced in this announcement: Entropia Universe Client Installation Issues.

It would be helpful for our developers to confirm that everything is working correctly if a small number of users (50-100) could help us by heading over to the Entropia Universe Download page and try downloading and installing the installer application, and then report back in this thread if they have received any errors or warnings relating specifically to a missing or invalid certificate.

NOTE: Some users may encounter a separate Microsoft Defender SmartScreen warning which is due to the application not having had a valid certificate for several days (this warning should disappear after a few days). If you encounter this warning while trying to test the installation, click the "More Info" link and then the "Run Anyway" button to continue the installation.

Thanks for your assistance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Windows defender blocks the download initially, but can be overwritten and same with the install process. (might be worth looking into that as it labels the exe as potentially harmful, which could deter new players from even trying Entropia) But otherwise it seems to be working as intended.

Worked perfectly fine on Windows 10. No pop-ups or errors in any way.

Works fine with Firefox / Windows 7 64 Bit (dont even think about it)

Then again, I didn't experience any issues with the previous installation that caused issues for some.

Hi Ludvig,

Thank you for your report.

We have forwarded the issue to our members for further investigation, any irregularities found will be reported as soon as possible.

Please stay tuned to forum sections for further information.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,

Hi i also did some testing to try and help ..

i uninstalled entropia and downloaded the new exe from the site using microsoft edge and got my 1st error
that it was blocked and may harm my device

i chose to keep anyway and try to run the setup file

i then got this

i chose to run anyway using the default directories

while attempting to download planet data it kept doing this

even after closing it and trying again it kept persisting even after waiting 2 hrs

https://i.imgur.com/JBqrIP0.png

so i finally uninstalled it again and used a older installer and copied by backed up planet data and it works again
here is the old installer i used downloaded on the 17/07/2020 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jnDa5HXuH9rEI7pscmo8E0KGCQ4V4tgL/view?usp=sharing

i hope all this helps

kind regards

JJ :]

Hi Ludvig,

We have forwarded the issue to our members for further investigation, any irregularities found will be reported as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,

I rarely snork , I snorked here.

Hi Ludvig,

Kind Regards,
Best/funniest post of the year nomination - 2020. :clap::laugh:

When I ran Entropia Universe Client loader to update to the newest version everything went fine until it got to 95% then just stays there at 95%. So I closed client loader and ran it again. This caused an error message, "Failed to install runtime C:\Program Files (x86)\Entropia Universe\redist\dx\dxsetup.exe, Code:-9".

So I uninstalled Entropia Universe and tried to install again. Here I also got the windows protected your pc but I chose to runit anyway. Then nothing happens.

So now I have no Entropia Universe on my PC.

When I ran Entropia Universe Client loader to update to the newest version everything went fine until it got to 95% then just stays there at 95%. So I closed client loader and ran it again. This caused an error message, "Failed to install runtime C:\Program Files (x86)\Entropia Universe\redist\dx\dxsetup.exe, Code:-9".

So I uninstalled Entropia Universe and tried to install again. Here I also got the windows protected your pc but I chose to runit anyway. Then nothing happens.

So now I have no Entropia Universe on my PC.
That seems like a direct X error to me, might be worth running a dxdiag to see what direct x is installed on your machine. Alongside the usual advice make sure windows is up to date :)

That seems like a direct X error to me, might be worth running a dxdiag to see what direct x is installed on your machine. Alongside the usual advice make sure windows is up to date :)

Perhaps that's a red herring the real issue for me was the client loader getting stuck at 95% and doing nothing at 95%. Only option left then was to close the client loader which caused the code:-9 message.

Anyway fresh install from website also fails nothing happens after i run it.

Hi Ludvig,

Kind Regards,

Brilliant!!!

The client loader no longer allows me to click on the "launch"-button. I tried verifying the local data: no effect. Not getting any warning or message whatsoever so i'm not sure what's going on at the moment. There was a Windows Update yesterday so i assume that caused the present "client loader launch impossible" problem. (I could try a fresh download but i don't see why that would work.)

(In trying to find similar reports and a solution on the forum, i stumbled upon this thread (nothing else found so far), so i'm just gonna add my 'incident' here for now as this is where others might end up too, though I assume this is no longer linked to the certificate since that OP dates from September...)

Back