News: Entropia Universe Developer Diary - Laboratory C1

More content like this please!

Nice :) a peek on tought process the designers have

Thank you for this very nice video (y)

The video was great!

I liked how involved and detail oriented all three people being interviewed were. This behind the scenes look showed how much time, effort and thought went into creating the lab atmosphere, story, sound and environment. I tend to take a lot of things in games for granted, so it was good to get a behind the scenes look.

Awesome job with the video! Loved it!

Entropia Universe feels more "alive" than its been in a really long time, and these videos help! ?

Junior level designer for 6 years... classic mindark
While the quality of the videos is improving, snippets like that show just how little experience is valued and how much effort is put into the glossy elements. Deep down I can sense this video frustrating me massively, often through things that seem minor. I miss the announcer's voice from years ago, that I last heard at the televators at Medusa. What a way to be demoted into obscurity.... not even known by current employees.

Deep down I can sense this video frustrating me massively, often through things that seem minor. I miss the announcer's voice from years ago, that I last heard at the televators at Medusa. What a way to be demoted into obscurity.... not even known by current employees.

This (deservedly) won a competition 12 years ago. I could say more, probably best that I dont.

Nice video, but as a former music guy it pains me to tell this music guy, I doubt there is a single person who made it to Laboratory C1 who still has the music switched on.

Nice video, but as a former music guy it pains me to tell this music guy, I doubt there is a single person who made it to Laboratory C1 who still has the music switched on.
What is even more painful is that they work depends entirely on the balance manager's job.So far so good, I guess :)

This (deservedly) won a competition 12 years ago. I could say more, probably best that I dont.
Hell yea, give us Entropia Broadcast Network back :D Fire Bertha!

When John was mentioning about the desire to promote more communication, teamplay, etc. And Ferran was talking about C1 having different stages, connected...

Was I the only one who was thinking about the old style beacon runs?

For any old-schoolers who reached C1, other than aesthetics, can you tell me if there's a huge difference between how those old beacon runs and C1 plays through?

Voice acting in lieu of plain written dialogue? Awesome! I may start playing the game with the sound on again (I've been sound off for the past 5 years at least).

There's been mention of some kind of sound bug that certain sounds only play the first time you attempt a stage, which is obviously not helpful if there is actual information within the sound dialogue.

On beacons: that was my first glimpse of good teamplay years ago now. I miss that - and I miss the sooto ships that dropped the beacons from mining as well. They were reasonably rare, as they should be to make them special, but I did get a couple of my very own!

I also miss the low level robot instance. The last time I recall it, I think it was called the Jennifer Island instance, south of PA. I don't really care about highly upgraded glass visuals - just let us ALL do stuff once more that was a little fun, please!

Is there anything on Caly or elsewhere now that is actually accessible that has the same feeling to it?

Awesome video, thanks for that!
Secret Lab was a great addition to the game. It is unlike anything we had so far in the game due to new mechanics but also due to the visuals & audio. It was then when the phrase "have your sound on folks" actually made sense. And yes @Oleg - people have to have their music on because there are some audio cues and such present and you need it. Ofc there's always room for improvement but I believe Robert did a good job building up tension via audio for the instances so yeah, for many years I played with music off but now I had to turn it on. Unfortunately there are still some bugs and a lot of times you don't get the audio in either A1, B1 or C1, you probably have to relog, but it occurs so often hat I gave up and just pay extra attention at things like ventilation stopped in C1, Dicer in B1 etc.

In terms of game mechanics and visuals these instances are like a different game and I wish more parts of the game would be updated to work and look like the lab, even if I don't agree with all the balancing, of the backpack for example, where you need quite a few years to have it fully upgraded... but all in all, it's a great 'expansion'. If the game goes more towards this direction, the community will love it.
Keep it up!

people have to have their music on because there are some audio cues and such present and you need it. Ofc there's always room for improvement but I believe Robert did a good job building up tension via audio for the instances so yeah, for many years I played with music off but now I had to turn it on.

OK, I see. That can cause its own problems for some people, of course, but it's good to know the music guy's efforts are being appreciated!

This is certainly not for all players. Not for me, for example.
But I want to say thanks for the music created for laboratories.
For my life I played a small amount of computer games. But the music of the laboratories reminded me of the Prototype.

Back