Entropia Universe Invites Warren Buffett to Play Game and Make Real Money - MPOGD.com

Comeon guys, I am surprised you dont see it already.

They sent a mail/letter of invitation to Warren Buffet all right but the idea here is not to have him play. The idea is they got to pitch to the world the performance of the CLD over the past years and to attract investments from the billionaire club with Warren Buffet there as a posterboy :)

Good for MA and good for the game and as usual ingenious approach :) I have come to believe that MA believes in marketing , just free marketing that is. :laugh:

If it's not free we pay it so I am fine with free

You must not be/have been an IRC user. :dunno:
Actually it's my failed attempt at a joke.. What I should have said was... "That's what she said!" As to imply that you took home a nice hot chick only to get down and find your driving a stick shift with two ball bearings.... :yup: Ie slapping you with "her" large trout! ;)

This post has been brought to you by the letter F as in fail... :ahh:

For some reason I cant see him playing a video game :wise:

Dunno. Having sent out Christmas cards in the past with his, his wife's and his girlfriend's signatures on them would make it seem that old Warren is pretty sporty. :)

Entropia Universe Invites Warren Buffett To Play Game And Make Some Real ... - SYS-CON Media (press release)

Entropia Universe Invites Warren Buffett To Play Game And Make Some Real ...
[SIZE=-1]SYS-CON Media (press release)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]GOTHENBURG, Sweden, Dec. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- /Entropia Universe/ – Entropia Universe AB, the largest Massively Multiplayer Online Real Cash Economy (MMORCE) game, today invited renowned business magnate and billionaire investor Warren ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]http://news.google.com/news/more?ncl=dlh1ifQUbOxDK6M&authuser=0&ned=us[/SIZE]

More...

News feed provided by Google News.

Entropia Universe Invites Warren Buffett To Play Game And Make Some Real ... - Virtual-Strategy Magazine (press release)

[SIZE=-1]Virtual-Strategy Magazine (press release)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]GOTHENBURG, Sweden, Dec. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- /Entropia Universe/ – Entropia Universe AB, the largest Massively Multiplayer Online Real Cash Economy (MMORCE) game, today invited renowned business magnate and billionaire investor Warren ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]and more »[/SIZE]

More...

If MA truly did ask I bet Buffet had a good laugh before ignoring them and turning away.

Doubt Buffet would buy into anything that is completely worthless and had no solid value whatsoever. CLD are worth 1 pec tt so to him they are worth 1 pec, CLD's are only worth 1400PED because we as dumb ass players think they are. MA could at any time say CLD's are taken out of the game here are your pec for each deed we are going another direction and really nothing you can do or say. Risk of owning stuff in this game is highest risk of anything I have ever seen in my life. The out performance does not compensate for the amount of risk if you really think about it for long term stability.

If MA truly did ask I bet Buffet had a good laugh before ignoring them and turning away.

Doubt Buffet would buy into anything that is completely worthless and had no solid value whatsoever. CLD are worth 1 pec tt so to him they are worth 1 pec, CLD's are only worth 1400PED because we as dumb ass players think they are. MA could at any time say CLD's are taken out of the game here are your pec for each deed we are going another direction and really nothing you can do or say. Risk of owning stuff in this game is highest risk of anything I have ever seen in my life. The out performance does not compensate for the amount of risk if you really think about it for long term stability.
Risk vs. reward. While I personally don't think the risk is as high as you do, safe investments typically do not yield very much. US treasury bonds and interest on savings accounts from major banks typically yield less than 1%. All you have to do is take a very brief look at the Calypso Land Deed ROI tracker to see how the risk on CLDs you mention benefits us.

That said, if you don't care for the risk, nothing is to stop you or anyone else from making one of the afforementioned <1% investments. :)

Now another idiot is going to create an avatar with the name "buffett", and create another Buying thread of shit he never intends to buy!
:scratch2:

Cruel PR. MA is trying hard to do literally anything. No need for Buffet coming here...Short article on some MMO site is ok. Ppl will keep in minds Entropia uNiverse + Warren Buffet = must be something with earning money.

On sidenote Buffet who was not washing his car just waiting for rain, live humble and using old car is not going to buy your red quad MA. It would not be Buffet then :p

Come on, seriously?

It's just a stupid publicity stunt. If I were Warren Buffett, I think I'd be pissed.

Even if Berkshire Hathaway bought up every CLD, AUD, and ComPet Deed, it wouldn't be worth their time to even look at it.

At best, you can say it's a "Hail Mary" attempt to get them to look at the company. But that would be kind of sad, too.

Maybe someday, MA can do a publicity stunt by having a fun game that's not hideously expensive and a pain in the dick to play. Yeah, I know, I'm a dreamer.

Just a publicity stunt. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Risk vs. reward. While I personally don't think the risk is as high as you do, safe investments typically do not yield very much. US treasury bonds and interest on savings accounts from major banks typically yield less than 1%. All you have to do is take a very brief look at the Calypso Land Deed ROI tracker to see how the risk on CLDs you mention benefits us.

That said, if you don't care for the risk, nothing is to stop you or anyone else from making one of the afforementioned <1% investments. :)

I was just stating Buffet would in no way invest in suck a high stakes risk. Everything he invests in even when he looses in stock value has physical material value. Sorry these do not if they were worth 1000 PED tt value and can be tt'ed at any time for the cash back and knowing that the deeds never relied in a single entity to continually pay out ped to them instead of a stable multiple entity group to ensure payments are made maybe, but that is not Buffet's style to risk money on something that has no real value to him.

Remember MA is a single entity and they soley control payouts and they can any day or time just stop payments and nothing you can do. Those 1400 PED deeds become 1 pec that exact instant because without that payout they are not worth even that pec besides to some avatar that want to collect one to say they had something that once existed. MA is renown for devaluing stuff and I don't hold my breath that someday these will also be devalued, by ether creating something similar that digs into the same pot and share of revenue or at some point just dumps more into the pool making the shares even more distributed. Remember they can do this whenever they want, your voice doesn't really mean much, you should no that by now with how they handle support and listen to the players.

I do own 1 CLD and 5 AUD, CLD I won in contest, 5 AUD I bought way overpriced at 50 ped per deed when they came out. From first hand experience with this company trust and stability in them following through on stuff just is not there enough to say they will not someday just for lack of other terms Fuck you over.....

Last edited:
I pinched myself and realised I wasn't dreaming after reading the opening post, so I checked if LuckyMan87 could be W.B. and although its a possibility..... (USA is country of that forum avatar) I dont think it is him.

But it is what I'd expect a very rich man to do, especially someone who was interested in investments.

So if you are there Mr Buffet, welcome to our universe. :)

Hey and Michael Jordan owns a hangar...... Clive Palmer owns a string of Feffox DNA that he plans to mix with Chomper DNA and make Cheffox creatures and put on an Island on Arkadia..... and Mark Zuckerberg is going to create a society and link it with social media and have 5 million new EU players overnight...
and Scooby Doo, Bugs Bunny, and allllll my favorite cartoon characters are gonna come in my room and sing songs and eat cookies with me!!!!!!

Oh and Motorhead does some stuff...

Hey and Michael Jordan owns a hangar...... Clive Palmer owns a string of Feffox DNA that he plans to mix with Chomper DNA and make Cheffox creatures and put on an Island on Arkadia..... and Mark Zuckerberg is going to create a society and link it with social media and have 5 million new EU players overnight...
and Scooby Doo, Bugs Bunny, and allllll my favorite cartoon characters are gonna come in my room and sing songs and eat cookies with me!!!!!!

One of these was true.....

Think of it this way...

MindArk has just managed to target advertising to every single person on Earth who 'follows' Warren Buffett or Berkshire Hathaway in the news.

Lemmy has at least tried it I believe, and there are some celebs playing in disguise mode, a bit like this...

You wont be able to spot them.

Think of it this way...

MindArk has just managed to target advertising to every single person on Earth who 'follows' Warren Buffett or Berkshire Hathaway in the news.

The problem is that no other place has picked up the story. The next step to this kind of marketing that MA has to figure out is how to make real news sites reproduce and publish the story.

Edit: a few small ones have

Last edited:

I have seem an Avatar named Lemmy on the Lemmy LA on RT before he was trying to kill Lemmy Dragons....

Entropia Universe Invites Warren Buffett To Play Game And Make Some Real ... - IT News Online

[SIZE=-1]IT News Online[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]and more »[/SIZE]

More...

lol. Buffet doesn't invest in tech, much less in a video game. Better off marketing to the bitcoin crowd (ie, fearless investors) if you ask me, but hey, whatever might work, may as well try. Nothing to lose, eh.

Absurd! Absurd! Absurd! :eyecrazy:

That's modern way of saying Eureka !

See Warren Buffet is best known for value investing and made his fortune through it to around 74billion us dollars. Which is staggering and you could say absurd? So perhaps the game developers are trying to say if Warren Buffet applied his business acumen and investing strategy in Entropia Universe he would be even more successful i.e. that type of strategy may work well in this game.

Buffett's reaction:

buffett1.jpg

Entropia Universe Invites Warren Buffett To Play Game And Make Some Real ... - Consumer Electronics Net

[SIZE=-1]Consumer Electronics Net[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]GOTHENBURG, Sweden, Dec. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --/Entropia Universe/ Entropia Universe AB, the largest Massively Multiplayer Online Real Cash Economy (MMORCE) game, today invited renowned business magnate and billionaire investor Warren ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]http://news.google.com/news/more?ncl=d8PJZTII9X050TM&authuser=0&ned=us[/SIZE]

More...

Absurd! Absurd! Absurd! :eyecrazy:

That's modern way of saying Eureka !

See Warren Buffet is best known for value investing and made his fortune through it to around 74billion us dollars. Which is staggering and you could say absurd? So perhaps the game developers are trying to say if Warren Buffet applied his business acumen and investing strategy in Entropia Universe he would be even more successful i.e. that type of strategy may work well in this game.

This whole thing is nothing more than a gimmick to try and get his fans to take a look. Thats about as in depth as this thing goes in my opinion hehe. a Gimmick, like making the prince of someplace an honorary member at youre "secret society" so you indirectly create a artificial lure and "up" the perception of youre outfits importance.

Last edited:
I think I know the forum name of Mr. Buffet.
LuckyMan something

Back