News: Entropia Universe Servers Will Restart

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
The Entropia Universe servers will be restarted in about 30 minutes due to an issue when converting Shrapnel to Universal Ammunition.

We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Originally Posted Here

Did you forget to load the loot after the weekly reset?

wrong

MA code proves to be perfect, the game had an issue, and the game itself recognized it had an issue, think about that

Bugs like this always make me think that loot could bug out….

XD

Well there was a case on formidon/scipulor when someone was missing a stack of oils in a hof haha, was so long think was 10 or 20k stack

and what exactly was the "issue" do you owe people $ and just not saying or is it something else??

i could use some ped seeing as how you sucked the last few i had from me.

How this can even happen? :D
Easy. Technical issue. I hear these happen in every system ever made. o_O
Code and hardware aren't known for their flexibility. One wrong
  • I vs l
  • ; vs :
  • ' vs "
  • etc.
and either the whole system crashes, or you get little "bugs" like this sweet gem.

and what exactly was the "issue" do you owe people $ and just not saying or is it something else??

STFU. You aren't helping and are just trying to guilt them into giving you something you don't deserve.

The missing oils thing was a hoot, but did you know about when someone picked up the entire Amethera continent and put it in their inventory? Good times.

MA code proves to be perfect, the game had an issue, and the game itself recognized it had an issue, think about that
This pretty much covers it. While it's easy to make fun of the reason behind this little issue, I'm glad when they admit "hey we found an issue and fixed it". So stop giving them shit for fixes. (Make fun of them for the bugs they've left in for years and years. I do.)

I think I lost a 250ped stack of Shrapnel, so yeah, probably, most likely :popcorn:

What about the Emerald Lakes Mall? Any word on that?

What is or was the issue? You convert shrap and get nothing? Just curious for posterity’s sake

Easy. Technical issue. I hear these happen in every system ever made. o_O
Code and hardware aren't known for their flexibility. One wrong
  • I vs l
  • ; vs :
  • ' vs "
  • etc.

This is 100% not what happens in software development. You don't write a line or character of code incorrectly and things just magically stop working for a small window....If you wrote it wrong, it will be a reproducible bug which the code will cause. Something like shrapnel conversion not working, which has worked for years, this morning until this event, would be something more like a memory management, caching issue or there is a server process reliant for validating the conversion payouts which was inaccessible.

This is 100% not what happens in software development. You don't write a line or character of code incorrectly and things just magically stop working for a small window....If you wrote it wrong, it will be a reproducible bug which the code will cause. Something like shrapnel conversion not working, which has worked for years, this morning until this event, would be something more like a memory management, caching issue or there is a server process reliant for validating the conversion payouts which was inaccessible.
Notice I said code AND hardware. Sure my example was code related, but my point was simply "shit happens and I'm glad they caught it".
And you're right. It seems this came from a basic server maintenance reboot, so the issue is less likely code-related, like you said. My example could've been better.

you guys dont see the whole picture

MAs code is so brilliant, it has failsafes, the game had an issue, you couldn't convert sharp, but at the same time, the game cought itself having this issue, this is why it told you, you cannot convert it

it seems to me that the code MA writes has evolved into a higher being, it can now recognize when its damaged and heal itself, similar to a wound on a human

furthermore, because MA is playing 4d chess all the time, this "bug" causes a healthy discussion on this forum, where people can educate the non believers of MAs genious

you are witnessing a miracle unfold right before your eyes

What is or was the issue?

In an increasing number of areas you could attempt to convert shrapnel to ammo and there would be a delay and then "unable to complete" or something. I forgot the verbiage of the mesage but it would time out. For a minute "go to mayhem and convert it" was a workaround.

Emerald Lakes Mall?

Ah good luck. I'm not sure if somebody just newly noticed this and decided to speak out or if something changed to make it get worse over there. IF there was a change and they can change it back, that's great.

If nobody just ever cared enough, and now they came put dirt under the floor and the problem goes almost completely away - well IDK what. I'll be mad though.

To be clear I'm not in any way making light of your issue/complaint. I literally uninstalled the game and walked away for years over this. Not FEN drama, not EP or loot 2.0 :LOL: Not even "slow to render". De-rendering floors.

To come back in game and have someone else raising it as an issue within days is painfully ironic. A month and I haven't even gone back to arkadia yet.

At one point some of the service stations were causing a lot of people problems and IIRC the actual solution was just to create "level terrain" underneath them. That sounds so hokey but again IIRC they came and put piles of dirt under them and problem solved. And while I don't know why terrain under would make the floors do that it's something I spent a lot of time thinking about while I stared at the canals under the floors as I was falling through them.

Yeah I'm bitter. This is fully a different planet partner though so I do wish you luck getting some action. Considering the state of Arkadia I'm hoping that the planet still exists and the problem goes away in UE5.

Back