Entropia Universe supporting Oculus Rift and steam VR

Spawn

Slayer
Society
The Ministry
Storm Spawn Bootcamp
Wow that's Great news!

.............3 years later........

In MA calendar only 3 months has passed. So they have plenty of time.

I really want Entropia to work with Nvidia 3d Vision.

It use to work in a generic way that was a little glitchy but still very cool.

Suddenly 3d vision won't activate for the game anymore. I contacted Nvidia and they were surprised it ever worked because it wasn't on the list of compatible games.

Suddenly 3d vision won't activate for the game anymore. I contacted Nvidia and they were surprised it ever worked because it wasn't on the list of compatible games.

Well the game runs on cryengine, so everything except the UI used to work. If you run it as crysis it may still?

Is VR support real or was it sarcasm?

I stopped playing quite a long time ago. I would reactivate to check it out in VR though.

To be honest, they are better off not releasing it, if they are unable to properly optimize the code. Otherwise it would just be nausea city and horrible PR.

It's too soon for VR. The universe still needs a lot of work before MA should even consider porting across to VR.

Having EU on steam on the other hand would be really cool :cool:

*goes on to let his DK2 collect some more dust*

Awww that is a shame. I used to play in 3D mode sometimes too. The Anaglyphic version.

Awww that is a shame. I used to play in 3D mode sometimes too. The Anaglyphic version.

If you think that's bad, get this... NVIDIA gave up supporting their 3d vision technology period. There is no way to use it with current video card drivers. :eyecrazy:

Is VR support real or was it sarcasm?

I stopped playing quite a long time ago. I would reactivate to check it out in VR though.

Oculus Rift works well with EU in VR mode --cept that.........you cant use "Touch" controls-only mouse an KB (so if ya finger blind its hard to find keys) also there are no icons on screen and you dont have a cursor to click on anything. After doing a Warp run in my Privateer I found that the sizing of the PT is wrong its too small and your avatars position is forward of the pilot position outside the ship, tho saying that all vehicle models do look really good. Ground based models inc sleips jeeps and quads are sized right - (I havent flown a quad in space yet)

Update - flying a quad in space is a no go the quad seems to think it has to be pointing in 1 direction (an I dont mean the band) so when u try to point and fly to an SS the ship just orientates to its original position.

Last edited:
Back