News: Entropia Universe Unreal Engine 5 Migration FAQ

AckerZ

Alpha
Anonymous AckerZ Anonymous
most are afk cave hunters who could careless about the graphics..
Bit of a slight derail but that's twice now I've seen players talk about afk cave hunters, what exactly is that? Is it like botting and isn't that against ToS?

Evey

Elite
Eve Everglades
i cant take the credit for finding this but thought id share anyways ;] https://www.artstation.com/artwork/zOLOKZ
6DDUqZH.png
These look amazing!
Thanks for sharing!

RobBuona

Elite
Society
Stockholm Syndrome
Patrizia Pandemic Giano
here goes another year of bad loot but oh well..

hmm you guys are obviously out of touch with reality since more than 60% of your hunters are not even there to enjoy these graphics updates, most are afk cave hunters who could careless about the graphics..

so then you have the few legit players asking themselves why is this company fixing graphics when there are so many gray areas that need to get resolved and so many exploit need to be fixed before they go upgrading graphics.

i dont wanna tell you what to do but i dont think you have your priorities in the correct order.

Ah, yet another post that doesn't it's not all about "improving graphics" but actually it's extremely important to have an engine with adequate support to make it easier to change, well pretty much anything. I'm sure there will be growing pains but long term, I expect this to be a brilliant move by MA.

RobBuona

Elite
Society
Stockholm Syndrome
Patrizia Pandemic Giano
Bit of a slight derail but that's twice now I've seen players talk about afk cave hunters, what exactly is that? Is it like botting and isn't that against ToS?

Yes and yes.

Freddy_M

Guardian
Society
The Ministry
Freddy Michael Krueger
What does this mean for players without decent computers?
What a question ....... Then you can't play Entropia anymore ..... The same as with a car ...... If you don't have it under maintenance or repair it, you can eventually no longer use ..... What else should be?

kingofaces

Prowler
Tony KingofAces Hans
What a question ....... Then you can't play Entropia anymore ..... The same as with a car ...... If you don't have it under maintenance or repair it, you can eventually no longer use ..... What else should be?
I think the better answer is turn down the graphics settings to whatever your computer is suited for. If it’s a clunker someone is adamant about not getting replacing for whatever the reason may be, then it’s safe mode for them.

Freddy_M

Guardian
Society
The Ministry
Freddy Michael Krueger
I think the better answer is turn down the graphics settings to whatever your computer is suited for. If it’s a clunker someone is adamant about not getting replacing for whatever the reason may be, then it’s safe mode for them.
This procedure also has its limits ..... In principle it is like this: Technology is advancing in all areas, whether you want it or not. You don't change anything about it. Either you go with, or let it go ..... But I assume that you can still play the game in "Save Mode". At some point the computer either has to be upgraded or replaced. Probably we will, as with the migration to CE2 ......

AxeMurderer

Elite
Wand AxeMurderer Silva
I don't know any other game that is still running going on 20 years!!

I haven't seen anyone else suggest that the unreal engine upgrade will also really help with server load. I know Epic had 10,000 users on one server a few years ago in Fortnite so I expect a VAST improvement with EU server behaviour!

Second life, World of Warcraft, Counter Strike

RickEngland

Elite
Society
Jurai Blood
Rickard Rick England
Oh come folks. Back in the day, we had to buy a brand new pc everytime MA issued a new VU. Not kidding either.

On the odd occasion we might have got lucky throwing some extra ram and updated graphics card on it, but you wouldn't get away with that for 2 x vu updates. Haha.

Deemer

Old Alpha
Q: What will the minimum system requirements be for the Unreal Engine 5 Entropia Universe client?
A: While the final system requirements for the Unreal Engine 5 Entropia Universe client are not yet determined, MindArk is aiming for the following: Windows 10 64-bit..

Windows-11.jpg

UE 6... maybe? :p

Killahbee

Marauder
Society
illuminox
Killahbee Killer Bee Killahbee
Q: Will the current version of Entropia Universe continue receiving updates during the Unreal Engine 5 development period?
A: Yes. New content will continue to be developed and released for Entropia Universe by MindArk and the planet partners during the Unreal Engine 5 development period.

User Interface Update Postponed​

Due to changing priorities related to the development of the Unreal Engine 5 client, Mindark has determined that it is not practical to implement the previously-announced User Interface update in 2021.

The process of upgrading the current CryEngine 2 client User Interface has been taking a lot of resources and is somewhat risky with regard to the technical aspects, given the complexity of the old UI framework. The decision therefore has been made to focus on implementing significant UI improvements in Unreal Engine 5 instead.

The efforts made thus far on the UI upgrade project have provided many insights and highlighted areas for improvement, which will of course help guide our efforts in crafting the user interface for the Unreal Engine 5 client.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Originally Posted Here

Totaly expected, no suprise there but still funny :tiphat:

Art Jennifer

Stalker
Lady Jennifer Art
Hope I don't need to buy a new PC to play.. Suppose i'll have a few years to save up.

Msturlese

Prowler
Society
Dirty Dingos
Marco Killy Stur
The answer is in alla sales thread on forum
buy a 2.0 weapon, print ped, withdraw in usd, buy new computer on Amazon
print more ped in super Hires

if PED dont come your pronhub viideo will be amazing