Entropia Universe Unreal - Preview of HUD UI

Status
Yes, you will be able to do that more or less depending on how advanced the enemy is and your gear setup.

With this said.

is oen able to get to know wether or not the combat systems will be updated to allow active gameplay to be different in terms, especially armor decay?

Pr today, poking a mob, mob runs to you, if its not dead when it reaches you, nom nom it hits. and there is nothing a player can do to stop this. Running around does not matter, and getting a mob stuck it becomes unreachable naturally.

Will it however in UE 5 be that style of possibility, along side being able to dodge attacks, and possibly run around? So while a mob might be hellbent on getting to you, you could potentially if being good atdodging, avoid armor decay by dodging attacks, and using, well, movement to get around that?

Well..... I can't even decipher the radar it seems, and I should be used to that surely?
Which is the mob and at what distance? Are the two mobs to the NE out of radar range?

And on buffs showing up - can we increase the size of buff bars in what we currently have/ in future, as too many active make them go far too small for me...

Will there be additional hud UI placement for items and other things? Seems to be a hotbar of 5 items which is not enough. That's more of a question than a design review. But if there are only 5, consider allowing additional random UI placement like we have now. Hard set hotbar location/count is annoying.

Cursor mode will be available in Entropia Universe Unreal so what you are asking will be working.
This is a great to hear :)
  1. Will we still have the ability to run by holding both mouse buttons down and in cursor-mode? (I really like thus current feature and that we can release one of the buttons and continue to run).
  2. Will there still be an auto-run button for long distances?
  3. Will it be possible to use the follow-avatar command in UE5? (This is great when acting as a healer for someone else).
  4. Will we still be able to assign any weapon/tool/item to any key on our keyboard? (I have everything tied to a key so it is just a click away).
Thank you for sharing the screenshot and information :)

Last edited:
Im not a graphics guy or even a little bit creative so I dunno why but I dont like it at all.
Doesnt feel like PE, looks like Overwatch or something? I cant really point to what specifically I dont like, but if I was presented this alongside a few others, I would definitely say nope to this one. It does look very much MMO tho, so if you were going for that vibe, you def hit it.

I dunno, hope it changes tho xD

sorry for the very much unproductive criticism

Thinking of others who may need additional abilities.

Think of others who can not control their play easily without screen buttons, some players may even use their feet.

Additional accessibility options will help players who might have specific colour blindness.
- Colour/theme choices for the HUD UI (Colour Blind options)

Last edited:
Nice screenshot!
But I have to say....

UE5 update personal expectation = Star Citizen or Starfield.

Reality = NO MAN'S SKY

I believe the topic is about temporary user interface, not the graphics... ie. radar... icons.. chats... not the graphics.
Unreal will provide almost realistic graphics ;)

Slightly off topic but related - hope there will be proper hit boxes on avatars this time round for head shots or knee :D shots and so forth.

Looks good, but I hope it is a bit better than this and you still keep the option to make the radar static :)

Other than that, keep it up :)

Uhm.... I don't really like the UI, it is hard to read and the contrasts are a bit off. I need to strain in order to read stuff, and I can only imagine in some lighting you wont be able to see anything of the UI.

What is wrong with having non transparent UI?

placement
If the weapon panel is so small, maybe bring it together in the center near the avatar stats so that you can put the radar lower right? Also, there are missions on top left and also missions (unlocks) on the mid right, these could stay in one place on the right maybe.

Where's the PED balance? :D

Hi all!

I wanted to share the early work in progress for our Entropia Universe Unreal HUD UI. The important thing for us in this stage is to define a style, how easy it is to read and placement. You will also see some bonus elements in this image the Setesh Moon test environments early stages, a creature in action plus more ;).

Would love to hear what you think about this!

index.php

Disclaimer: Pre-Alpha Development, Not final
I'll chime in from the mining profession, but could we get a preview of what you are thinking for that sometime? This obviously seems pretty hunting focused.

Already I see that there aren't any coordinates on the radar anymore. We do rely on coordinates for drop distances, etc., while hunting is much less dependent on them.

However, others have mentioned that being able to change transparency of text is a big deal just for reading ease, but that's also the case for community tools like LBML (Little Big Mining Log) to recognize text. Right now, LBML uses a mix of the chat log and OCR of on-screen events like coordinate position, probe drops, etc.. I try to help where I can with the community in terms of using LBML, so the the UI update is a looming question for LBML and the mining community. I do talk to plenty of people that say they don't mine as much if LBML isn't available, so that's why I want to make sure the mining segment of the community is given a chance too.

There's going to need to be a major retool of LBML whenever the UI update happens either way. I explained a bit in the last UI thread, but it does draw in more miners when LBML is working, so the hope is that the UI only requires minor changes on LBML's end rather than things that make it difficult to even use an updated LBML anymore (though there should be plenty of workarounds on LMBL's end, to a point).

Again, not saying MA needs to match how LBML exactly works currently since it's really the other way around in terms of how tools are developed, but an input phase now on mining-based UI items would help keep the mining community plugged in and hopefully be able to adapt with relatively few hiccups. Depending on what initial plans are, a few simple key items to check on between the chat log and other UI items could go a long ways.

I'd sure invite anyone from MA to PM me here or get in touch with Ido or myself on the Discord in this input phase on what might work well for the mining community. I'd be happy to write up later what might work well for a few different UI scenarios or based on an initial UI preview for mining in terms of how LBML works or could be easily changed.

make possibel again to drop out health bars. Whats with all the icons we have on desktop, will be possible too? Can we continue play 3rd person, without only use mouse left right to look around? i need 3rd person mouse curser action not use mouse to look left right.
We need it like now move everything on desktop where we want to place.

Yeah i know its only The HUD but the graphic is not worth to change the Engine worthless investion. If i see far away graphics it must be safty mode but i think you use highest mode cos why will use safe mode to show us something. MA did a lot of false and i think this engine will be the next million false investion.

Last edited:
If the weapon panel is so small, maybe bring it together in the center near the avatar stats so that you can put the radar lower right? Also, there are missions on top left and also missions (unlocks) on the mid right, these could stay in one place on the right maybe.

No, just give us fully moveable UI so we can customize it to our liking. FFXIV UI is super customizable (every UI element basically) and resizable, they should do something similar for Entropia.

If the weapon panel is so small, maybe you can expand on it a little? Add decay in real time, tt left / %. Add information about attachments and their decay, their buffs.

Customizability may be the key here. Looks great so far.

Will we be able to put icons wherever we want on the screen like the current UI?
Asking for the Remote Desktop crowd…

I'll chime in from the mining profession, but could we get a preview of what you are thinking for that sometime? This obviously seems pretty hunting focused.

Already I see that there aren't any coordinates on the radar anymore. We do rely on coordinates for drop distances, etc., while hunting is much less dependent on them.

However, others have mentioned that being able to change transparency of text is a big deal just for reading ease, but that's also the case for community tools like LBML (Little Big Mining Log) to recognize text. Right now, LBML uses a mix of the chat log and OCR of on-screen events like coordinate position, probe drops, etc.. I try to help where I can with the community in terms of using LBML, so the the UI update is a looming question for LBML and the mining community. I do talk to plenty of people that say they don't mine as much if LBML isn't available, so that's why I want to make sure the mining segment of the community is given a chance too.

There's going to need to be a major retool of LBML whenever the UI update happens either way. I explained a bit in the last UI thread, but it does draw in more miners when LBML is working, so the hope is that the UI only requires minor changes on LBML's end rather than things that make it difficult to even use an updated LBML anymore (though there should be plenty of workarounds on LMBL's end, to a point).

Again, not saying MA needs to match how LBML exactly works currently since it's really the other way around in terms of how tools are developed, but an input phase now on mining-based UI items would help keep the mining community plugged in and hopefully be able to adapt with relatively few hiccups. Depending on what initial plans are, a few simple key items to check on between the chat log and other UI items could go a long ways.

I'd sure invite anyone from MA to PM me here or get in touch with Ido or myself on the Discord in this input phase on what might work well for the mining community. I'd be happy to write up later what might work well for a few different UI scenarios or based on an initial UI preview for mining in terms of how LBML works or could be easily changed.

How can it not matter when hunting... It matters a lot and I'm glad you brought it up this question, because the lower the dynamic rate the monsters respawn further away, the saturation is lower so it would be good if they sync the scale as it is now because that's one of my orientations from i know i shouldn't waste my money...it's a very important component to hunting, glad you brought it up.

When you're doing a conference, I'd like to get involved because there's a lot of elements that interact from the camera. For example, there are missions where MOBs have a small respawn diameter, and again when the dynamic rate is low, the system respawn the MOBs out of camera range. The problem with this is that when there are more players, a 360-degree field is covered because everyone is trying to cover a large area of vision. But in this way, the respawn of mobs is drastically reduced, and with more players it even stops.

Radar is a very important factor in hunting, don't belittle our profession. And I think that it was announced earlier that there will be new functions from which third-party programs will not be needed. I hope this applies to mining as well.

As I mentioned in my previous comment the camera and I see your understanding about the relaxing gameplay of the players... when you make tools to check AFK players, maybe it would be good if they come with instructions for use by the support staff (or whoever uses them).

I can think of one instance where within 30 seconds someone was using the Gimbal lock (3 times) to rotate my camera on the vertical axis.

When something like this happens to me, but I see people shoot 140k in 2 weeks with LP40.. a little.. I just get a little frustrated.

Yea what's up with weapon panel? Seems it's using some defaults that the package came with? Can't logically see why we would have a 26/100 counter when that doesn't apply to EU at all, clearly not custom made and very confusing for an initial preview.

Should be displaying weapon name, ped card, ammo count/value.

Status
Back