Entropia Universe Unreal - Preview of HUD UI

Status
Fantastic idea Rose

I have about 10 Create Armor Set tabs on screen for the same and other armors with and without various plate combos - it's alright but a tad messy.
Wait you can create armor sets that will automatically equip your plates on said armor as well?

Wait you can create armor sets that will automatically equip your plates on said armor as well?
I thought they did but was mistake - only started doing that few days ago turns out it's a wasted effort. Guess i would have noticed more easily if i weren't still on noob mobs with noob armors.

Last edited:
Damn, you had me going there I was gonna sleep but almost logged in to check if it was true and I didn't know something so basic in all these years :D

Would've been awesome if it was like that tho ^^

removed

Last edited:
My personal hope is plates button switch to other armors added. lol I hate adding 1 by 1 and removing. Could be like the 'remove attachments/enhancers button. Just a thought :)
What if my (L) armor dies and I have to buy new ones?
What if I'm carrying multiple of the same (L)? (1 is almost dead and need backup ready.)
What if I'm doing different plates on purpose to test damage?
What if I'm only wearing 3 plates? (bad day and forgot to dress myself properly, or maybe skimped because I'm reducing armor decay on purpose for some reason?

There's a reason they don't give us a "easy-add plates to armor" button, because the logic to cover ALL cases is super messy

The hard part with many of these requests is, it's easy to ask for YOUR play style, thinking "oh everyone plays the same way, why wouldn't they?"

What if I'm carrying multiple of the same (L)? (1 is almost dead and need backup ready.)
What if I'm only wearing 3 plates? (bad day and forgot to dress myself properly, or maybe skimped because I'm reducing armor decay on purpose for some reason?

There's a reason they don't give us a "easy-add plates to armor" button, because the logic to cover ALL cases is super messy

The hard part with many of these requests is, it's easy to ask for YOUR play style, thinking "oh everyone plays the same way, why wouldn't they?"
Just one click apply to currently equipped armour when multi select all the prices you want works

In fact, the logic of everything you say is so superficial that it can be made much easier than explained. It would take much longer to figure out how to visualize this than to make a working feature. So no, you're wrong. They just didn't.

It's plain to see from the comments that the majority are of the opinion that this just doesn't look or feel like Entropia at all; everyone is asking for lots of customization options, I would take that as a hint that as it is right now, it's not to everyone's liking..

For me I have to admit, it just doesn't feel like Entropia; it just looks like any other FPS out there.

Entropia is not like any other FPS, it should look and feel different.
That👆.

Alot of windows and infos today already lack contrast and are not readable very good (radar!!!!).

If you want to further reduce contrast, as the pics show (e.g. chat), please give us a contrast slider to overwrite your stupid settings.
Not everyone is blessed with 125% eyesight.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Love the raradar and mission log.

Yeah it needs more contrast or you can add an opacity slider from 0-100% problem solved.
If you still don't want to go this route... go and look at a white wall and see how much of that chat you can read.
UI Scaling would also be important since there are players in this game that are almost blind.
You also have alot of players that are getting... *cough* up in the years *cough*

The overall UI does feel more like an modern FPS where all the focus is on minimalism and an extreamly high tempo like the game is aimed at a younger group or a console with a controller rater than what's actually playing this game... on computers with mouse and keyboard.

Not sure how you would even get the amount of chats that people actually use ( +dm's ) in that chat down in the corner.
It's not uncommon that i'm keeping track of 10-20 chat channels and get waves of 10-30 people sending me dm's... how would something like that work with that minimalistic chat corner?

And it looks like the binding guns and tools to any button on the keyboard is going to be replaced with "here are your 2-5 slots" which i'm not sure i'm a fan of... one of the great things about this game is i can fully customize all my keybindings and i can even pull out weapons, tools and actions as icons on the screen with 9 diffrent profiles... this is a concept i do think we should preserve since it does allow you to cater to everyones taste.
And most players uses way more than 1-5 items (+armor sets) when they play the game so... yeah... i'm worried a good consept is getting put to it's grave just to make something look hip.

Just wanted to say thank you for all the feedback and suggestions. It is perfect to get it in the very early concepting stage. We, the team, will take all of this into consideration and keep sharing the progress as we move forward.

Cheers!

Just wanted to say thank you for all the feedback and suggestions. It is perfect to get it in the very early concepting stage. We, the team, will take all of this into consideration and keep sharing the progress as we move forward.

Cheers!
Thank you for sharing!

Cheers!
You're beautiful, thank you for communicating and letting us be apart of the changes =D

I miss the look, feel, and sounds of this...
There are so many who agree with you, myself included.
Me too, but actually I miss how I felt back then, how the whole experience made me feel and if the old look, feel and sounds would come back, I would, for a short while, remember those days, still, that's not to way to go....

You are very new here, so its understandable that you feel that way. You have no idea what was PE :)
I'm not new but I know this is not the path to go forward... mainly because gamers today will not try a game that would look like PE used to, in 2005. Period. And to remake in Unreal Engine 5, the PE (the looks) would just be a huge mistake. So many of us have friends that saw us playing and asked "wtf is that ugly looking game?"

I prefer many players playing EU rather than a handful playing PE... because I hope MA will take full advantage of all the new technologies available and make the best possible looking game of these times so it's a game for the future, not a game for 20 years ago....

What MA could do about people's wish to be able to go back in time a little, would be to integrate in UE5 some sort of a time machine, some sort of an instance like battle simulator, to experience an inception into PE, a glimpse into the origins, maybe calypso's undeground/moon ... something like that. But the main thing has to look mean, has to be as badass as possible even if this means for us it will be a completely new game, visual-wise...

Me too, but actually I miss how I felt back then, how the whole experience made me feel and if the old look, feel and sounds would come back, I would, for a short while, remember those days, still, that's not to way to go....

I'm not new but I know this is not the path to go forward... mainly because gamers today will not try a game that would look like PE used to, in 2005. Period. And to remake in Unreal Engine 5, the PE (the looks) would just be a huge mistake. So many of us have friends that saw us playing and asked "wtf is that ugly looking game?"

I prefer many players playing EU rather than a handful playing PE... because I hope MA will take full advantage of all the new technologies available and make the best possible looking game of these times so it's a game for the future, not a game for 20 years ago....

What MA could do about people's wish to be able to go back in time a little, would be to integrate in UE5 some sort of a time machine, some sort of an instance like battle simulator, to experience an inception into PE, a glimpse into the origins, maybe calypso's undeground/moon ... something like that. But the main thing has to look mean, has to be as badass as possible even if this means for us it will be a completely new game, visual-wise...
I absolutely and wholeheartedly agree. As much as we miss PE, life moves forward, so must the game. And, you're right, I wish they just brought some lost features from back then...purple sky?:)

Also, maybe I missed it somewhere, but I don't understand if the geography is going to remain the same, or we will see the disappearance of cities, peninsulas, reshaping of Calypso to the point of being non-recognizable. That worries me a lot, because, as I mentioned in this forum many times, I'm mostly here for the views. Alternative world:)

the geography is going to remain the same, or we will see the disappearance of cities, peninsulas, reshaping of Calypso
I would assume there is going to be a 100% reshaping and maybe some of the current stuff be brought to UE5 version, but, I hope they make the maps bigger, much bigger so there could be bigger and better spawns, something we struggle with currently on most mobs and hopefully the geography will allow for better spawns, hopefully dynamic, to acomodate as many players as needed...
But you can look at it this way, instead of having a small number of favourite places to keep revisiting, you will have a whole new universe to discover all over again, with few bits of familiar places :)

You are very new here, so its understandable that you feel that way. You have no idea what was PE :)
New does not mean I don't know how PE was. The game was ugly as shit back then also. Nostalgia doesn't work when the player base is older than my great grandma.

The game has never been on the cutting edge of graphics AND THAT'S OKAY FOR ME, but that's not okay for new players potentially. We know I'm not going anywhere, BUT we want to attract NEW players and MORE players.

There are some bits of landscape and mobs that I have been particularly attached to over the years. I like the idea of having historical instances, or so, maybe in a museum, that would allow 'access' to the past. I don't mind if the HUD and UI don't match, but players can only choose activities from what is available, and I personally think selected retro-world elements would be popular if included.
Perhaps it's something for MA to consider alongside the 'new look' considerations...

Reactions: Mac
feels a little too messy... abit "childish" theme.
personally I prefer a more modern and stylish design
I agree although I personally think it's more than a little messy.
Does not look like EU at all like that. Looks more like all the other failed indie mmo games.

Excuse me, thats ugly and look like a mobile game. Im really not fan of this...

I want my old health bar back, the one I can manipulate :'(

The balance between the old roots and the new modern has not been found yet... it's a work in progress.
I do love that MA is actually communicating and want feedback.

Please make the radar NOT transparent at all. I keep half an eye on it watching for mobs spawning in behind me and if there's something moving behind the radar it makes things frustrating.

Also, 10% of all males on the planet are Red/Green colorblind.

Last edited:
1JgZBPS.png

Please don't make us reload every 100 rounds.

Last edited:
Or, leave, come back, adapt a bit, leave again, come back for a bit, adapt a bit, leave again, come back again, adapt a bit, leave again, etc. ... :banghead:

Same as it ever was

I just hope they fix the macroing/botting and Bugs because there are some stupid bugs that have been around for Years. New stuff is kool but polishing is first and formost.

I just hope they fix the macroing/botting and Bugs because there are some stupid bugs that have been around for Years. New stuff is kool but polishing is first and formost.
Honestly, players have this huge feeling of defeat from days before..It is a more "Why Bother" attitude. I seen returns amd stats
The botting has gotten out of control along with 3rd part programs.

Is very disheartening to be honest.

Like why bother? 😔

Status
Back