Entropia Universe Version Update 9.4

Status
hmmmm wheres the content list still lol - something to keep the boredom at bay

Bah, I know I checked the web site from time to time to see if they added the content list.

It was a dream you will say but I dont care.

Edit: And now the site just dont open.

Bah.. I hate waiting… it’d be nice if this was indeed the surprise CE2 update… I just gotten a shyny-sooper-dooper-uber new grafix card and I stuck it into the computer…

...but I know my luck… this will be the VU where MA will give us umbrella’s, a whole new line of handbags for the spring collection, and they’ll make combibos and bery’s hit like Troxes… and Troxes loot like Daikibas...

Bah.. I hate waiting… it’d be nice if this was indeed the surprise CE2 update… I just gotten a shyny-sooper-dooper-uber new grafix card and I stuck it into the computer…

If that is the case I cant play for a while lol

Time is loooooooooong !

Why don't they just post some teasing on the VU during the update. It would be cool to discover VU content before access !

:yay: HUGE update :yay:

Coutl it be?, Could it be!? (Crysis engine)

So exited to experience the new VU, wether it is or its not the new engine

gl,
Dia

would guess that Cryengine VU would be marked as VU10..not 9.4..so, not cryupdate

CryEngine will be VU10

[edit] Selene beat me to it.

26 minutes late!!!

OMG OMG OMG!!!

.... calm down mates, it's just an update for finishing the events ....
aahhhh!
1. The Egg!!!! :rolleyes:
2. Doctor forgot-his-name :D

Lez. :wtg:

Just something to think about: By the time CE2 will finally be implemented in Entropia, the CE2 engine will be old news, and there will be several better ones available on the market…

26 minutes late!!!

OMG OMG OMG!!!

aahhhh!

I don't see they are late ??

it was schedule till 13.00 UTC so there is 30 mn left to it

Found something strange ...

Hi,

well, EU is down. So what to do?
I decided to clean my balcony - after all snow, waste and cadavers of former cat toys have literally reached an AtH. Maybe it's the reason this fat cat doesn't leave the apartment hardly anymore? After all, I really doubt he's got an education as mountain climber, and we own no climbing gear.

So I borrowed a big shovel I found in my neighbors cellar, and bravely opened the door. After I had recovered from the initial shock of daylight and oxygen (took me 1/2h and 2 beers) I started shoveling all this junk down into the garden beneath.

I hadn't shoveled much when a quite large piece of paper appeared right beneath the surface, covered by some pizza boxes, and thus less moist, moldy and rotten than the other stuff.

Curiously I pulled it out to find something attached that might once have been a small rodent, probably a hamster, judging from the big incisors that were firmly holding the paper. I cannot tell for sure although, because, from it's condition, it had suffered some quite unutterable forms of torture while doing it's job as a cat toy. Poor hamster!

I might have mentioned in a former report that sometimes escaped hamsters from MA has been captured by my cat - I cannot explain how this works, after all they had to travel quite far to reach the 50m radius from my place this fat critter is able to walk without dying from a heart attack - maybe MA has a secret bureau in my neighborhood?

Anyway, the paper was from MA again, the letterhead clearly showed. And it had some interesting information I'll not hide from you. Read, and get enlightened!
Strange paper said:
MindArk PE AB.
Entropia Universe® is trademark or registered trademark of Mindark PE AB.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

This is TOP SECRET! Anybody revealing it, or parts of it, or even thinks of, will be fed to them hamsters!​

Entropia Universe Update 9.4.0

planned for 16 Feb 2009
don't release until 1 day after it went live!!!

This is Jan - read and follow! The italic parts after and including the "$$$" are for internal use only, made by me for your information, and DOUBLE TOP SECRET! Anybody revealing it, or parts of it, or even thinks of, will be fed to them hamsters!

• Performance improvements.
    $$$ We bought another 2 hamsters, and they have to be fed, so work! now! faster!
  • Fixed issue affecting some make up masks again.
    $$$ The s****r that made results possible not beeing exactly copies of Barbie or Ken has been made server energy. We don't get the money from Mattel for nothing - so better not fail in the future!
  • In order to add a new level of fun, enjoyment and challenge the following mobs have been adjusted:
    • All not yet adjusted.
    • The mobs adjusted in the past have been further adjusted.
    $$$ This will make them bleed, and will greatly add to our income! For sure some morons will revolt (Have you finally made this "MadMaiden" leave?), so:
    Order to the balance team:
    Have some ModFAP's and other fat stuff dropping to our company avas, from the most expensive mobs, and post on EF - this will make them stupids deposit even more! But, when you don't want to feed the servers, DO NOT EVEN THINK OF DROPPING THEM TO NOT-MA AVAS!!!

• To give an incentive to new participants we have made sweat sellable to the TT now. TT Price has been adjusted to 0.01 PEC per bottle. To avoid disturbances of the EU economy the composition of sweat has been changed - 1 piece of Force Nexus and 2 bottles of Sweat now yield 5 Mind Essences.
    $$$ Miners still made too much profit, and there still was participants living from sweating, according to EF - this should put an end to this!
  • 10 new large Land Areas have been introduced, all on Eudoria. Find them!
    To avoid them being empty until next LG (that is planned to be just after the planets have been released) we gave the deeds directly to the 10 most wealthy participants, along with an expenses attendance of 10K PED's each - to make sure they'd immediately fill them with most beginner friendly mobs like Araneatrox Elite (New!), Agrash and Leumed (we even put the DNA parts into loot - find them and get rich!).
    To accommodate this change all LA fee's have been adjusted for 10%, fixed.
    $$$ Guess we'll scrap our office Ferrari's - what would you think of personal Lear Jet's? Marco thinks the chicks would go crazy for those ...
    And then - I'm finally tired of getting blackmailed by those we need to feed once more with this - Full ModCamorra (UL), Unique Official MindArk PHG, (both for an not-MA avatar of yours) and a 10 years contract with 5 times of current wage for the one that brings an idea of how to get rid of those without hurting our business!
    Even it didn't hurt this much - after all, 7 of 10 of them are MA avas anywhere - but I want to get rid of those greedy bas****s!

• To further add to a diversity of professions, and to encourage you to try out new things, we have deleted any things formerly sold by the TT. Instead we have introduced new (L) blueprints that enable you to easily craft them yourself, with the common material you're looting every day! Loot yourself one of those BP's, and happily craft yourself your own Opalo's, ammunitions and bombs!
    $$§ Whoever leaks that this are L10 BP's with a max. click value of 100 gets ripped of his balls by me personally! Or done something comparable, should'nt this work because of lack of balls, or because of possible enjoying!
  • To add to diversity in Avatar appearance we have changed the way armor and clothing decays. All unlimited versions of armor or cloth pieces have been changed to a max. TT value of 500 PED, keeping it's current value. The difference in look from full TT to min. condition value has been increased to allow you to customize your outfit to your desires.
    It was unavoidable to increase the dressing cost of any clothing items to 1 PED - but whoever changes his/ her clothing in EU?
    $$$ DO NOT TELL THEM that skirts and trousers don't go with corresponding armor parts anymore - or feed the servers!
    And again we had to exclude coats - see above for "blackmailing" and the offered reward!

• And a whole lot of minor bugfixes, improvements and changes necessary for the ongoing change to CE2.
    $$$ Wanna see the faces when they realize we'll charge 1 PED for every revival from now on, and that we have made all adjacent revivals near the new LA's of Eudoria right into the LA's, and that "adjusting" of mobs means tripling HP and a regen of 45HP/ sec - they'll need T10 (L)'s to even kill a young snable! MUHAHA!!!

$$$ Come to my bureau after the VU is online, we'll have loads of booze off course, and loads of hookers, and, as I hope, loads of fun! And never forget - here at MA it's a very simple rule: Obey and enjoy, or fuel the servers - simple right? Even you will understand - MUHAHA!!!
Jan​

This shows a bright future, right? Even the most notorious EF whiners will not be able to whine anymore (me among them ...), all will be good, and all of them MA stuff will be canonized by the pope soon.

Fun, enjoyment, challenge and happiness all over the place, bright times, success for everyone ...

Stop. Seems I got to too drunk copy typing this, writing crazy things now. Guess it's better to have some sleep now, when I'm awake again I hope EU is online again, too.

And after having read this paper I hope it really just was a fake - but who knows?

Have fun!

8 hour update? Lots of server maintence for crytek in the future?

26 minutes late!!!

OMG OMG OMG!!!

aahhhh!

Not late yet. Still another 20 minutes...

LooooL - Way too much time on your hands :)

Not even close my dear ... it was just something I remember from the movie classics and googled it zip zip ... then VOILA ... we have the ever faithful Wikipedia! :silly2: Seems like some are getting a bit punch drunk waiting the last 30 minutes, but that's a fun thing! I can only imagine what it's going to be like around here once the universe opens up again. :eek: I'm a gazillion hours past my bedtime, so I expect all the good stuff (and kinks) to be reported by the time I'm conscious again. :D

Balls i like balls

In 7 mins this mess will be changed. "Entropia Universe Version Update 9.4
13 Feb 2009

The Entropia Universe servers will be temporarily unavailable while we implement VU 9.4 between:

2009.02.16 05:00 and 2009.02.16 13:00 UTC

We apologize for any inconvenience caused "

With 3 more hours added. So 16:00 UTC is my guess, as earliest :(

Just something to think about: By the time CE2 will finally be implemented in Entropia, the CE2 engine will be old news, and there will be several better ones available on the market…

Yes, that will be the case all the time, but as we know, CE2 only just about runs on most peoples PC's, so anything more fancy will need another huge update of hardware, which I don't think many people are going to be happy with just now.

So for now, we'll just have to make do with CE2, which lets be honest, looks miles better than what we have already. It's just whether MA actually get around to giving us any gameplay and storylines that don't just involve mass mob fights. ;)

2009.02.16...?
Here we are! :yay:

13:00 UTC...?
Here we are! :yay:

VU 9.4...?
:confused:

Did you really expect it to start on time? :D

Status
Back