entropia wiki sub pages do not work

If there's someone with a backup of the broken site who's willing to share with me, I may be able to import a lot of items to the Entropedia.wiki I'm working on.

It is ALWAYS the same matter with participant driven content:

The participant stops playing and the project gets abandoned.
ALWAYS.

Want proof?
- ALL available maps are old and outdated remnants from players
- PE-trade.net
- entropiasales.com
- the original player forum entropia-pioneers.kicks-ass.org
- soooo many other projects i already have forgotten, since they died...

Even though MA is a BAD choice for hosting the wiki content (they pay for the server, content is player driven), they are still the best of all bad choices.

The EP forum was originally just a society forum and was not abandonned. It had big crash/got wiped. At that time pple as shifted to here already. Therefore they chose not to start it up again.

The EP forum was originally just a society forum and was not abandonned. It had big crash/got wiped. At that time pple as shifted to here already. Therefore they chose not to start it up again.
You are totally right.
I am well aware (oh..., i was no friend of PCF at all! I am so sorry for the loss of my beloved EP forum!) of the root cause about EP forum, but a TL;DR explanation wouldnt have changed my argument.

In the end it doesnt matter why player content got lost.
In the end only the provider has the (man-)power and resources to support the necessary contents long enough.

And then it is also a clear indicator when to abandone a project.
In the world of business it is an early sign of several to come, before a closure of a business, when the company can't uphold/maintain certain infrastructures any longer.

It is a variety of signs like
- the offered product gets outdated
- money return takes longer and longer
- R&D get reduced
- "non-essential" spendings get cut like
- customer support gets cut
- communication gets reduced
- customer feedback gets ignored
- product criticism gets censored
- you know the list...

Last edited:
This goes to 5 days now without entropia wiki.

Do something MindArk? uh? :poke:

Did not Linzy and joda take it over last time?

Not being able to use weapon compare v2 is killing me

WIKI WORKING!!!
Well some pages are still giving error but I’m sure it will iron out in time.

EntropiaWiki.com is up and running again, apologies for the downtime.
Some log files ran wild and ate up all the disk space, causing some database tables to become corrupted. Those have now been repaired so things should be back to normal.

Some log files ran wild and ate up all the disk space, causing some database tables to become corrupted. Those have now been repaired so things should be back to normal.

thank you!

Yay! Thank you!

Thank you 711.

Valuable Hint:
Once the wiki is up and running again, you can download the data of your favoured lists as .csv files and save them in Excel sheets, so you have the data to play with. They may need some adjustment, but then they work for you as desired and can be your fallback option.

Now everyone go and DOWNLOAD the .CSV files of your desired lists!

Wait = this doesn't let MA off the hook!!:) Thanks 711 - for the years of this!!

Thank you so much, 711 !

Thank you so much ROOT 711 :) who pay for the website hosting ?? and if it's YOU alone : do you need few peds from each of us for helping ?

Back