Question: entropia with my 360 controler

T3h_plonker

Elite
Society
Supremacy Reign HQ
plonker t3h plonker woot
hi guys i'm in a spot of bother

i have this xbox 360 controler on my pc and i run a program called Pinnacle Game Profiler to map the keys

where the problem lies is you have to make a new map for every game. so i made all the bindings i wanted and clicked launch !

ERROR : you have to use the client loader to launch the game blah blah ...

so i do the same thing with the client loader and it all loads up finr i can use my controler to click the launch button ect ...

once at the log in screen ( so entropia.exe and not client loader.exe) it all stops workign again

so in a nutshell : how can i launch the game by just launching entropia.exe ?

PS i tryed mapping exploere.exe and i can use the pc and the web ect with the controler but once the game boots up same thing

It's not clear from your post: did you try to assign the keys to entropia.exe and then launch the client loader?

I'd be thinking that the main idea of such driver is to jump in if that process is launched. So if the client loader launches entropia.exe it should work. AFAIK that's how all those profiles for graphics cards work.

It's not clear from your post: did you try to assign the keys to entropia.exe and then launch the client loader?

I'd be thinking that the main idea of such driver is to jump in if that process is launched. So if the client loader launches entropia.exe it should work. AFAIK that's how all those profiles for graphics cards work.

unfortunatly you have to use the program to launch the .exe
so it wont but in and overlay my config if i launch the game normaly

BTW when i hit launch on the loader what comand does it execute ? is it just run entropia.exe ( well obviusly not that simple)

unfortunatly you have to use the program to launch the .exe
so it wont but in and overlay my config if i launch the game normaly

BTW when i hit launch on the loader what comand does it execute ? is it just run entropia.exe ( well obviusly not that simple)

Why cant you just map the keys to clientloader.exe ?
Then any child process of that process should have the same mapping as well?

Why cant you just map the keys to clientloader.exe ?
Then any child process of that process should have the same mapping as well?

did that and no :(

You could look into the registry. Maybe you find the command line which launches the target application. However, you'd still need to find out to make it believe it's launched from the client loader... :scratch2:

A small and bothersome guess is that its blocked by entropia... :(

uhm on another thought maybe not, dont bother me :D

found it

so for the benefit of anyone who might search this thread in the future because they are dooing the same thing:

if you go to pinnacle's preferences under the general tab. you can tick a box that sais "run bacround profile when otherwise inactive" then a drop down box allows you to select your entropia.exe profile and then it works fine.

anyway cheers for the help guys ! :yay:

this is a great program and it supports all kinds of joypads even the wii-mote so you could use that for entropia aswell
http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/ for the program but it's not free

there are plenty of torrents out there for it thaught and that's what i did ( piratbay FTW !) program is less than 10 mb

You could look into the registry. Maybe you find the command line which launches the target application. However, you'd still need to find out to make it believe it's launched from the client loader... :scratch2:

You could try to download ProcessExplorer. It shows the command line on the properties of a process. I don't have access to EU right now so I can't check that myself...

Oh, ok, gratz :)

not sure about your question, usually a profile will apply to the child application when starting the parent....

so i'd suggest think its Mouse2Joy.exe you can search it. its freeware and applies to your mouse so work with all games and has upto like 25-75 button settings because you can map with alt and ctrl.

Back