Entropiawiki map?

Falconoffury

Young
I wanted to get back into the game, so I looked up the entropedia website for some data. It looks like it was rolled into entropiawiki.com. None of the maps seem to be showing for me here. It's just a blank box where the map should be. I tried different maps using the drop down menus. I tried it in 3 different web browsers. Same problem. Is anyone else able to get the maps to work?

Wiki maps are broken for years now, because there is noone left who understands how they initially were programmed.

I was able to translate the coordinates from the wiki to my in-game map. Still, it's sad that such a useful tool is not fully functioning, especially with Unreal Engine 5 coming and all the players and events coming!

All we can hope for is that someone does a new, updated map for the wiki. I can't volunteer because I don't have the expertise.

it's sad that such a useful tool is not fully functioning, especially with Unreal Engine 5 coming
I think we will see an entirely new map once UE5 hits. Let's hope we can import it into EntropiaWiki.

As a computer tech I would love the task of correcting the maps if I could only find some way to reach them but even the contact link on the site is not working any suggestions I have been doing work like that for longer then the internet has been around and if it is to help all of us I don't mind doing it

Please contact scott stinger mcdollar in game if you have any suggestions on how I can used my skills to make entropiawiki better or how to speak with someone from the site to put my skills to use on that site

@711
can you establish the necessary contacts please?

As a computer tech I would love the task of correcting the maps if I could only find some way to reach them but even the contact link on the site is not working any suggestions I have been doing work like that for longer then the internet has been around and if it is to help all of us I don't mind doing it

Please contact scott stinger mcdollar in game if you have any suggestions on how I can used my skills to make entropiawiki better or how to speak with someone from the site to put my skills to use on that site

Virtually EVERYBODY would love to see the WIKI maps working again!

In a perfect world, the wiki is shut down and all the content and functionality is moved into the game itself. Codex is a start.

Thank you so much for offering your help here!
We need it so much on wiki, every sort of input, help and administration is welcome by heart!

sounds great in all but if I have no way to reach out to them how can I do anything to fix the problem do you think if I post here the fix they would get it because it's not hard to download there code and fix it but I have no way to reach out to them

ok was analyzing the code and found that someone removed a large part of the code that makes the maps work found a copy of the old code on internet archive and even though that map was not fully working I was able to compare both map codes so it's possible for me to repair the issue if someone would just contact me

ok was analyzing the code and found that someone removed a large part of the code that makes the maps work found a copy of the old code on internet archive and even though that map was not fully working I was able to compare both map codes so it's possible for me to repair the issue if someone would just contact me

711 is the person to speak to I think. Orion linked him above so he'll see this thread "soon".
So “Patience you must have, my young Padawan. Have patience and all will be revealed,” :)

sorry the smarter a person is the more they are feared and that fear stops people from letting them help and has got me fired for being smarter then my boss

No need to apologise. You might want to send 711 a message here on forum to speed things up a bit.

not really sure where to do that
this is the whole reason I asked to be contacted in game it gives us an easy platform to talk without a lot of issues

I know, nobody asked for it, but here is some Forum history for the newer players:

In the very early days of Project Entropia from 2002 on there has been the very first legendary soc called Entropia Pioneers.
(I miss having you around, Dino! *sniff*)

Entropia Pioneers had a soc forum and offered a public forum part for some communication with players who were no EP members.
The open forum part then rapidly developed to be the place to be for forum communication about Project Entropia, because there were just no other forums at all and MA did not offer an own forum for the players to talk about the game, to learn, to share information and to discuss.
So EP forum grew big and most players had an account there. Countless gems of wisdom about the game and jewels of discussions got shared there.
More or less all the basic knowledge about game mechanic, armors, damage types, guns, tools and mining maps got discovered and shared there, because MindArk kept them all secret and MA's lack of communication got sold as part of the game, to let them players to discover...

In 2005 PCF got founded as an alternative forum without a society binding like the EP forum was.
Many players, including me, were torn between both forums and which forum was worth the love we had to share.
PE forum had all the knowledge about guns and armors and items, empirically collected by dozens of players in thousands of hours of work at priceless costs spent.

Both were privat forums, none was official and MA still fended off to host an official game forum, because this would mean to foster and cherish their own paying customer base, at which MA never was a role model.
Some players were unhappy to be on the EP soc forum, due to the lack of alternatives. They were unavoidably stuck on a forum that did not represent their own soc.
Now there was the newly founded PCF.
PCF had no soc binding and wooed away those players from EP forum.
It took years for PCF to collect and build an own database equal to the one EPF had, and alot just got stolen and copied.

Over the years a userbase established on PCF while EPF grew old with the soc, with mainenance neglected.
A loss of database due to some server problems finally killed EPF and EPF could not recover from that blow even after some recovering of lost data later.

MA got pushed for years to take some responsibility for their playerbase to host an own official game forum.
In the end PCF just got badged to be something like "official", the private host 711 gets paid a little and MA provides the server space now.

If i remember correctly then 711 also hosts wiki now, or at least provides some serverspace, since the original providers left the game and refused to pay for the wiki space and traffic years later. So 711 stepped in here. Thank you 711. So there is a connection which can be helpful for @stinger98_98 .

Last edited:
I know, nobody asked for it, but here is some Forum history for the newer players:

In the very early days of Project Entropia from 2002 on there has been the very first legendary soc called Entropia Pioneers.
(I miss having you around, Dino! *sniff*)

Entropia Pioneers had a soc forum and offered a public forum part for some communication with players who were no EP members.
The open forum part then rapidly developed to be the place to be for forum communication about Project Entropia, because there were just no other forums at all and MA did not offer an own forum for the players to talk about the game, to learn, to share information and to discuss.
So EP forum grew big and most players had an account there. Countless gems of wisdom about the game and jewels of discussions got shared there.
More or less all the basic knowledge about game mechanic, armors, damage types, guns, tools and mining maps got discovered and shared there, because MindArk kept them all secret and MA's lack of communication got sold as part of the game, to let them players to discover...

In 2005 PCF got founded as an alternative forum without a society binding like the EP forum was.
Many players, including me, were torn between both forums and which forum was worth the love we had to share.
PE forum had all the knowledge about guns and armors and items, empirically collected by dozens of players in thousands of hours of work at priceless costs spent.

Both were privat forums, none was official and MA still fended off to host an official game forum, because this would mean to foster and cherish their own paying customer base, at which MA never was a role model.
Some players were unhappy to be on the EP soc forum, due to the lack of alternatives. They were unavoidably stuck on a forum that did not represent their own soc.
Now there was the newly founded PCF.
PCF had no soc binding and wooed away those players from EP forum.
It took years for PCF to collect and build an own database equal to the one EPF had, and alot just got stolen and copied.

Over the years a userbase established on PCF while EPF grew old with the soc, with mainenance neglected.
A loss of database due to some server problems finally killed EPF and EPF could not recover from that blow even after some recovering of lost data later.

MA got pushed for years to take some responsibility for their playerbase to host an own official game forum.
In the end PCF just got badged to be something like "official", the private host 711 gets paid a little and MA provides the server space now.

If i remember correctly then 711 also hosts wiki now, or at least provides some serverspace, since the original providers left the game and refused to pay for the wiki space and traffic years later. So 711 stepped in here. Thank you 711. So there is a connection which can be helpful for @stinger98_98 .

Thanks for the backstory!

Why pay for third party hosting and a third party admin instead of simply giving the duties to one of the "Community Managers" and saving those expenses?

Don't ask me, ask MA.
My guess is as soon as MA is directly involved it would become harder for them to retreat behind their walls of fog.
MA likes to stay in the background, stay intangible, keeping inaccountable and mysterious in general for their paying customers.

A lot of management decisions of MA are... cryptically...

Back