ESI, does size mather?

Staffas

Elite
Pedra Pedhuntress Huntress
I am getting some skills soon and I am going to buy some ESIs to place the skills on.
What I am thinking about is if there is a reason for the higher markup of the larger chips other than that it saves time?

Example: I want to place 100ped TT skill on an ESI. Not looking at ESI markup do I loose peds on buying 10*10ped ESI compared to 1*100ped ESI?

I know that 10% disapears, but this should not effect the total outcome?
Or does it?

As I am chipping in all the skills too, is there a difference in chipping in 10*10ped skill chip than chipping in 1*100ped skill chip?

As far as TT value, skill points, etc, no. there is no difference.
but there are subtle differences you should be aware of.
for one thing, the decay on the inserter would probably be more if you used it ten times instead of one.

But the main difference is when it comes to leftovers. If you have 10 ped TT of skill and a 15 ped esi, you will have 5 ped left over on the ESI, and it will convert to peds. any value under ten peds will always come to you in peds.
so if you have a 19.99 TT ESI and chip out ten ped, you have just lost 9.99 ped in ESI value that you paid MU for that is now sitting in your inventory in the form of peds. So with a big chip, you avoid that. It can significantly decrease the planning that it takes to chip out if you have a really big ESI.

Hope i didnt babble too much. Made sense to me as i was typing it, anyhow.

As far as TT value, skill points, etc, no. there is no difference.
but there are subtle differences you should be aware of.
for one thing, the decay on the inserter would probably be more if you used it ten times instead of one.

But the main difference is when it comes to leftovers. If you have 10 ped TT of skill and a 15 ped esi, you will have 5 ped left over on the ESI, and it will convert to peds. any value under ten peds will always come to you in peds.
so if you have a 19.99 TT ESI and chip out ten ped, you have just lost 9.99 ped in ESI value that you paid MU for that is now sitting in your inventory in the form of peds. So with a big chip, you avoid that. It can significantly decrease the planning that it takes to chip out if you have a really big ESI.

Hope i didnt babble too much. Made sense to me as i was typing it, anyhow.

It makes perfect sence to me too, it was only the first part of your explanation that I was confused about.

The folow up question would then be, why do a high TT ESI have a higher markup than a low TT ESI?

As I am chipping in all the skills too, is there a difference in chipping in 10*10ped skill chip than chipping in 1*100ped skill chip?
Inserter Decay

Greetings - Zwarka

I summarized the main expenses:
1. implant decay (2 ped per go)
2. auction fee (10-20ped per small esi compared to 50-80 for one big esi)
3. time (see below)
4. complete skill emptying

Explanation
1 & 3 You get decay on your implanter. It's up to you to determine where the threshold is that you value your time more than the ped - some skill sell s easier when they are on a big chip. e.g. 150ped sells 900%=1350ped
10x15ped sells 800% = 1200ped +10x2+10xauctionfee

2. Auction fees can vary greatly. This can be avoided by direct trade, but as auction fee is not linear (maximum 100peds per item) the value of a large esi becomes apparent

3. (already answered) If I wanted to go up 100 points (or whichever) and it costs me 500ped TT...i don't particularly wanna stand around all day implanting 50 chips -it's worse extracting - for example, I bought 20 esis worth of skills from someone - i supplied the esis, they extracted the skills
It took two hours for esi trade, esi insertion, skill extraction, skill trade.

4. You have 500 of a skill left, but only a ten ped esi. If you extract the skill, you will be left with a 2 ped esi, and receive 7ped back. So you will lose 7x700% if you do this. With a larger esi, there is less chance this should happen This is also why certain esis in the 15-20ped range fetch a higher markup than the 10-12ped range

gl

selling lots of small esis price negotiable cough

And the opposite is true for skill chips - the smaller they are, the more % markup. But that can relate to auction fee, and the 1 ped pricing granularity.

I summarized the main expenses:
1. implant decay (2 ped per go)
2. auction fee (10-20ped per small esi compared to 50-80 for one big esi)
3. time (see below)
4. complete skill emptying

Explanation
1 & 3 You get decay on your implanter. It's up to you to determine where the threshold is that you value your time more than the ped - some skill sell s easier when they are on a big chip. e.g. 150ped sells 900%=1350ped
10x15ped sells 800% = 1200ped +10x2+10xauctionfee

2. Auction fees can vary greatly. This can be avoided by direct trade, but as auction fee is not linear (maximum 100peds per item) the value of a large esi becomes apparent

3. (already answered) If I wanted to go up 100 points (or whichever) and it costs me 500ped TT...i don't particularly wanna stand around all day implanting 50 chips -it's worse extracting - for example, I bought 20 esis worth of skills from someone - i supplied the esis, they extracted the skills
It took two hours for esi trade, esi insertion, skill extraction, skill trade.

4. You have 500 of a skill left, but only a ten ped esi. If you extract the skill, you will be left with a 2 ped esi, and receive 7ped back. So you will lose 7x700% if you do this. With a larger esi, there is less chance this should happen This is also why certain esis in the 15-20ped range fetch a higher markup than the 10-12ped range

gl

selling lots of small esis price negotiable cough

Thanx, perfect explanation.

Ill send you a PM about those small ESIs :)

sorry to hijack this thread,but it is somewhat relevant..is chipping out still bugged ?

sorry to hijack this thread,but it is somewhat relevant..is chipping out still bugged ?

I hope not :)
In the content list for the VU today it said that they had adresed some problems with chipping, but i have not tried it yet.

I hope not :)
In the content list for the VU today it said that they had adresed some problems with chipping, but i have not tried it yet.

ok,thx,ill play it safe and wait some more then :)

Only problem I found were that if U chip out so U lose one unlock U can't chip out that skill because skill is not available.

Back