Question: ESI drop rates

Years ago when I was mining for redulite. I saw a trend.

I had a fixed % of redu from the amoun TT dropped. This % was very same as each time (If u used the right magic depth number ;)). Lately came the big change and put it on wave just like pyrite and all other "rares" and made it useless.

Regarding the hoarding;
There were guys who had 50-100k tt or with MU of redu back then. Could not remember if it was TT or MU. Anyway, they had big amount and the fixed % which i used to get were almost same too (3-6%). I have seen lots of changes to this.

I saw MA trying to figure out a way to test new methods. They put lyst With Waves and had redu drop at fixed time. Example was, lyst for 5 or 10 min then it was off and u could mine redu. They did then change to belk after shinook LA owners complained about lyst being mined at shinook.

As for today, i'm not sure if those crafters still hoard the same amount of redu as they used to have. It atleast isn't that rare anymore or even if its rare, MA removed the cap as far I can see and u can hit a 2k (as we saw recently) so u can get as much u get. Back then, u could not get any rare hit ( redu, zand, ruga) With a bigger amp than a lvl2-3. As the resource were capped in TT loot per hit.

I think the same goes for pyrite. Most who hoarded have sold their stack already and made their money as it can't get so much higher, perhaps a little as they hitted the peak of the price for now.

So its MA controlled and less hoarding controlled as MA don't like people to manipulate and control marked. This is from what I have experinced thru the years ...

ESI might be the same. I notice that ESI drops in a longer wave periode. Do the sandking and will see how the drop rate is.

I completely agree with you, the wave system just simply does not work. But there are two issues at play.

Yes, 100%, the actual looting system is based on time segments (waves). This is provable by mushrooms, GNA/cubes, ELM guns, pyrite as you have seen, etc.

However the secondary (and bigger or at least equally big) issue is the TT cap system. If there is no TT available, you cannot get the resource.

Very nicely stated!
In my opinion there should be a flow rate (not in predicatable waves, though) but no cap. I'm not sure where the cap idea/policy comes from, apart from MA trying to limit crafting of some items or the drops of items directly. I think it needs working on.

so if the code currently just does:
Timing Check = Item becomes lootable

Perhaps MA devs could add a simple Random Number Generation into the equation?
Setting up the RNG to be within min/max for timecheck to check when item becomes lootable.
Timing Check (Time + RNG) = Item becomes lootable

so if the code currently just does:
Timing Check = Item becomes lootable

Perhaps MA devs could add a simple Random Number Generation into the equation?
Setting up the RNG to be within min/max for timecheck to check when item becomes lootable.
Timing Check (Time + RNG) = Item becomes lootable

Yes, this solves wave predictability (each time the timing loop is started, the position of each time segment is randomized). I suggested it in some long lost thread.

However, if the resource cap is maxed - no dice. The issue is, resources can be sat on indefinitely, with no negative effect.

One solution is to have a lifespan factor on all resources (i.e. all (L) and stackables), which either slowly deteriorates the TT or just flat deletes the item... but I can't see this being well received! (though the TT could be returned in PED).

What on earth has this got to do with this topic???

You just wanted to show your supiriority about how uber you are? Or what?
What's you point with this noob flame?

You are clearly a moron, it has everything to do with people who have nothing and want everything for free or as close to free as possible. It takes money to make money as it should be.

You are clearly a moron, it has everything to do with people who have nothing and want everything for free or as close to free as possible. It takes money to make money as it should be.

lol, said the UBER moron.

It takes money to make money as it should be.

please try to explain what this has to do with the ESI drop rates?

lol, said the UBER moron.

please try to explain what this has to do with the ESI drop rates?

I guess ill spell it out for you. The op was whining esi and skills are too expensive (costs too much money) preventing people with no money to chip in for free. If they cant afford expensive skills how can they expect to utilize those expensive skills that expensive gear requires? Answer: they cant because they have no money.

Weapon Economy, Skill Modification, and most importantly Accuracy enhancers. You're definitely too late to the party if you want to avoid it being hoarded ;)

I mean moreso the price going dramatically past 300%

I guess ill spell it out for you. The op was whining esi and skills are too expensive (costs too much money) preventing people with no money to chip in for free. If they cant afford expensive skills how can they expect to utilize those expensive skills that expensive gear requires? Answer: they cant because they have no money.

I do think ESI should be made cheaper over a period of time though, that'd be nice for everyone including ubers.

They should steadily raise the drop rate over time, consistently, as to not screw over the current markup until ESI is less and less value, then when it is around 150% turn it into a TT item. But doing so to soon will shock the system and hurt a lot of players invested around ESI and skills.

I do think ESI should be made cheaper over a period of time though, that'd be nice for everyone including ubers.

I wont write an opinion of what value they should be since im biased. :)

Yes, this solves wave predictability (each time the timing loop is started, the position of each time segment is randomized). I suggested it in some long lost thread.

However, if the resource cap is maxed - no dice. The issue is, resources can be sat on indefinitely, with no negative effect.

One solution is to have a lifespan factor on all resources (i.e. all (L) and stackables), which either slowly deteriorates the TT or just flat deletes the item... but I can't see this being well received! (though the TT could be returned in PED).

True about the caps and hoarders.
Don't like the idea of resources having a timed lifespan, and suspect changing to that'd clearout players fast.

On the otherhand if MA randomizes the timer as discussed, that alone should bring some balancing.
No won't happen immediately as some already milked the current unfair and exploitable system.
But with randomization players would need to continually hunt/mine. (Yes I expect a few people won't like any of that either.)

I wont write an opinion of what value they should be since im biased. :)

Why? If you hold esi sell as the price drops. If you have skills already chipped sell them before the price drop. Otherwise your actual skills in your avatar won't change value if anything they will increase

I never understood this move from MA also. Sometimes it seems that they like to shoot them self in the foot.

It's less money for you to eventually withdrawl

It's less money for you to eventually withdrawl

If MA think like this they should change their views, they have more much to lose that to win from this situation.
As others said they will win a lot only from TT of the ESI that is lost when you insert the skills, also those people that buy the skills will take may place and shoot bigger mobs if they have better skills.

I would not recommend EU to any of my friends right now just to see them trapped here if they don't like it.
I would do it if I can tell them: give it a try, if you don't like it just chip out and walk away.

Not to mention skill inflation, MA should do something to leave a way for skill "decay" chip-out is a good way, 10% of your skills are lost when you chip-out.

Maybe MA could release an "esi lite" in the tt that takes half the skill as decay as a solution and leave normal esi as is.

If MA think like this they should change their views, they have more much to lose that to win from this situation.
As others said they will win a lot only from TT of the ESI that is lost when you insert the skills, also those people that buy the skills will take may place and shoot bigger mobs if they have better skills.

I would not recommend EU to any of my friends right now just to see them trapped here if they don't like it.
I would do it if I can tell them: give it a try, if you don't like it just chip out and walk away.

Not to mention skill inflation, MA should do something to leave a way for skill "decay" chip-out is a good way, 10% of your skills are lost when you chip-out.

You forget that the majority of players must deposit to start the chipping out process. This is additional revenue for ma. Most players seem to prefer using large esi if they are leaving they likely dont have 10k ped lying around.

You forget that the majority of players must deposit to start the chipping out process. This is additional revenue for ma. Most players seem to prefer using large esi if they are leaving they likely dont have 10k ped lying around.

Need to deposit for chipping out or no, dosnt matter. You loose 10% of every ESI while chipping out and rest 90% is consumed while other player chip in...

You guys saw how many ESI in auction? Just few....

Need to deposit for chipping out or no, dosnt matter. You loose 10% of every ESI while chipping out and rest 90% is consumed while other player chip in...

You guys saw how many ESI in auction? Just few....

To play normal and eco like most of them Big boys we need enchaners as well .

Did you see how many offers are there for Pyrite - just few .

Did you know how much of 'K pyrite is big boys stacking in storages ??? I bet you know :)

To play normal and eco like most of them Big boys we need enchaners as well .

Did you see how many offers are there for Pyrite - just few .

Did you know how much of 'K pyrite is big boys stacking in storages ??? I bet you know :)

Pyrite, ESI and lot of other things that MUST be balanced by MA, so few guys (or girls) can not stop rest EU players from using enhancers, chipping in or out and so on... Another (same) problem is loot waves, Mr Joda doing great work exposing that!

Pyrite, ESI and lot of other things that MUST be balanced by MA, so few guys (or girls) can not stop rest EU players from using enhancers, chipping in or out and so on... Another (same) problem is loot waves, Mr Joda doing great work exposing that!

He basically explained nothing . Liberty for the win

Do people loot ESI with less efficient guns (below 50%) after Loot 2.0? Any ideas of frequency (one ESI loot / number of mobs) for efficiency groups?

Do people loot ESI with less efficient guns (below 50%) after Loot 2.0? Any ideas of frequency (one ESI loot / number of mobs) for efficiency groups?
I don't think ESI drop rate is based on eff/dpp at all, just a rare drop that happens no matter what when it's time. I've looted dozens of small esis in 2.0 with < 65% eff and also did loot a couple during tests using extremely bad dpp/eff (< 30%) weapons, when it's 100% shrap all the way and then boom, an ESI or a shroom or something like that.

Back