Help: ESI TT for a specific amount of skill points

Erza

Dominant
Society
Free To Lancer
Eruciva An Rimina
Hello,

Since my son stopped playing EU we have decided to extract some of his higher skills but we have encounter the following problem :confused::scratch2:

I though that we could use any ESI for any amount of skills but it does not work this way ":duh:" :confused::scratch2:

So my questions is,
For Rifle skills 3660 points, what TT value ESI do i need to buy?
For Handgun skills 2971 points, what TT value ESI do i need to buy?
And last one, Laser weaponry technology skills 2423 points, what TT value ESI do i need to buy?

Example, i bought a 10.15 ped value ESI for 125 ped but it could only extract like 221 points of the 3660 points rifle :jawdrop:

Is there a list for this somewhere on here or somewhere else on the net?
I've search but could not find anything but than again i might have been searching with the wrong keywords?
:laugh:

Any info on this is much appreciated :yup:

Cheers

http://www.entropiawiki.com/SkillCalc.aspx

If you want to calculate the ESI needed for say, 3000 Rifle chipped down to 1

Type in 3k as start skill level, 1 as end skill level, then click the "extract" button.

Just a heads up skills changed somewhere along the line, so I think that calc is no longer accurate.

If you have an empty ESI, put into extractor and try extracting a range of skills.

Some skills are weighted now very high while others are not, I am not able to find a pattern yet. I assume they put an actual value to the skills to compensate the CLD income and rewards mroe accurately.

example 10.04 ped esi

Took the exact same amount of points (12) from a skill with 11000 points (blp weaponry) and a different skill with only 7500 points (pyro).

This is not how it used to work (I know as I chipped 220k skills) , and I believe the calculator was based on skills that had a more clear and similar extraction rate for all skills.

Just a heads up, feel free to try it with an empty ESI to check for yourself.

This would mean that markups are something to be very careful of with this change in the mix.

Just a heads up skills changed somewhere along the line, so I think that calc is no longer accurate.

If you have an empty ESI, put into extractor and try extracting a range of skills.

Some skills are weighted now very high while others are not, I am not able to find a pattern yet. I assume they put an actual value to the skills to compensate the CLD income and rewards mroe accurately.

example 10.04 ped esi

Took the exact same amount of points (12) from a skill with 11000 points (blp weaponry) and a different skill with only 7500 points (pyro).

This is not how it used to work (I know as I chipped 220k skills) , and I believe the calculator was based on skills that had a more clear and similar extraction rate for all skills.

Just a heads up, feel free to try it with an empty ESI to check for yourself.

This would mean that markups are something to be very careful of with this change in the mix.

Firstly, don't listen to the quoted rubbish, none of this is true.

Entropedia calculation as posted before is generally accurate at low skill levels, but Jdegre's chipping tool is better, especially for higher amounts: http://jdegre.net/pe/unlocker.php

Many thanks for all the info and those nice links to them ESI/Skill calculator :cool:

They have helped a lot :wtg:
But it is crazy that i need a ESI of 52.95 PED to extract all the 3660 points at once :jawdrop:
Think i'm gonna do it in 3 times which should be cheaper "i think" :laugh:

Cheers

Many thanks for all the info and those nice links to them ESI/Skill calculator :cool:

They have helped a lot :wtg:
But it is crazy that i need a ESI of 52.95 PED to extract all the 3660 points at once :jawdrop:
Think i'm gonna do it in 3 times which should be cheaper "i think" :laugh:

Cheers

It should be the same price (in TT cost/value) no matter how many parts you make it. The only difference in bigger or smaller pieces is how cheap you can get the correct amount of ESI after MU.

It should be the same price (in TT cost/value) no matter how many parts you make it. The only difference in bigger or smaller pieces is how cheap you can get the correct amount of ESI after MU.

Thanks for the extra info on this and yes it should be the same price (in TT cost/value) :yup:
But like you said, can i get the correct amount of ESI after MU? :scratch2:
I will probably make a mistake a long the way as i always do in game :laugh: but i hope to keep that at a minimum. :yup:

Cheers

Generally bigger ESIs sell for lower MU and vice versa

Generally bigger ESIs sell for lower MU and vice versa

Thanks for that info, what i've seen so far is that Evade and Dodge has the better MU :yup:

Cheers

Thanks for that info, what i've seen so far is that Evade and Dodge has the better MU :yup:

Cheers

Ahh once you put a skill in it it's not an ESI any more ;)

Do not leave a remainder on the ESI of under 10.00TT - you will get back actual PED instead of a small ESI.

(Example: Chipping from 3000 to 1 uses up 29.63 TT of ESI. If you use a large ESI with 45 TT to start you will end up with an ESI of about 15.37TT and skill chip of 26.66TT - all good. BUT, if you start with a 35TT ESI and extract it all you will end up with 5.37 PED (no markup) and a 26.66TT skill chip - not good. )

Also, medium sized skill chips tend to sell better than large ones since people that want "X"TT skill can always buy two or more smaller chips, but the person that only wants 1/5 "X"TT isn't interested in the larger chip. The cost to extract was changed a few years ago, so there is now very little benefit to chipping out larger sized chips.

Do not leave a remainder on the ESI of under 10.00TT - you will get back actual PED instead of a small ESI.

(Example: Chipping from 3000 to 1 uses up 29.63 TT of ESI. If you use a large ESI with 45 TT to start you will end up with an ESI of about 15.37TT and skill chip of 26.66TT - all good. BUT, if you start with a 35TT ESI and extract it all you will end up with 5.37 PED (no markup) and a 26.66TT skill chip - not good. )

Also, medium sized skill chips tend to sell better than large ones since people that want "X"TT skill can always buy two or more smaller chips, but the person that only wants 1/5 "X"TT isn't interested in the larger chip. The cost to extract was changed a few years ago, so there is now very little benefit to chipping out larger sized chips.

Thats some good info there, thanks :thumbup:
I have extracted some skills and i did not get any ESI at all and i've only gotten 1 or 2 peds/pecs but not everytime either :laugh:
There goes any MU :laugh:
Do you know what is the ratio of ESI needed for a particular skill points/filled SI level so i can get an ESI everytime i skilled out :confused:
Is there any tabel/chart/calculator for it :confused::scratch2:
So much to learn in this game that i dont think i'm ever gonna get it but i do get the MA business side of it :laugh:

Cheers

If the remainder of the ESI will be less than 10 PED, you are paid in PED (and PEC). Thats why pretty much all of the ESI you see are just over 10 PED value because you can't leave any less than that.

I haven't chipped in a while but if they have changed that price I'm sure someone will correct me heh.

If the remainder of the ESI will be less than 10 PED, you are paid in PED (and PEC). Thats why pretty much all of the ESI you see are just over 10 PED value because you can't leave any less than that.

I haven't chipped in a while but if they have changed that price I'm sure someone will correct me heh.

Thanks for this info :yup:

Cheers

Back