EU come to impossible middle deposit

Here is my hunting log!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NfXGMjQNq85_qtL_6bflCuoFjxRQW61iAu5rjP5MryE/edit?usp=sharing

If you would entertain my hunting log and have a look, something I am doing is working fine for me atm. 24k cycled (using 7 dps). TT out 24k + 1% over. Total hunting profit +1.15k. The profit will only get higher from this point on, as I have basically paid for all of my hunting gear but 1 item.

Adapt and test everything possible to increase eco and reduce wasted peds, I wish you all the best!

There will always be people like you, you understand. That's why MA keeps his legs on the desk laughing at our threads because they play on the advantages of some advantages to counterbalance the truth that according to your style of Depot, You will lose up to less pennies. Do you think that it makes me happy to say that I lose my money?
Personally the in 2 days I still fell to 0 for time I can te screen my transaction history I still deposit 4x, how to hunt feffoid guard / furor / ambu is it also ruining
Just a massive boycott depositing common players for the summer, nothing will really change as long as the stupidity of the general council will not have decided
They are well rubbed hands on the estearn then rubbed hands well taxed before the summer and boom big jackpot for MA, most will try to find the ring but ultimately if nobody dare anything they may think they would We're tired of some of their bullshit.

And I will add it I do not do this to ask anything to MA for myself, it is just come impossible impossible to understand, even when it is me who makes an HOF I see some of my partners of soc not content Because they are in a hollow mega, but what is this new pleasure invented by MA to do unnecessary stress to make believe a huge joy of HOF 90% of that sum? Leave us as before with average HOF but constancy is too much to ask?

And I will add again what interest to make UBBER someone has 100k + if he has fought for so long that at the end it asks if it is worth continuing at the time to or withdraw everything, I know it logic no?

Last edited:
Everyone is very quick to point out that you can do okay in this game if you play it smart....but are we smart?
a shit ton of people can't even manage their home economy and now they're going to manage their funds in a game better than 99% do their bankaccount.

not only that, you can only do well if you have the funds to back it up, are we playing games or starting a company?

tbh if you look down on the poor bastards in this thread saying they're losing money because they don't think having 10K in the bank just to survive the lootswings when hunting mobs you can kill after 2 months in game is INSANE then I think you guys are blind.....

I mean I don't play much and with good reason, few hours a day with eco setup and 2K peds won't even last you a month hunting cornundaqauda one of the first mobs you start killing (or did when I started playing)

I wasn't even doing this poorly hunting troxies with a gdc-97 in 2008 with basically 0 skills:cool:

...do okay in this game if you play it smart...

i disagree somehow, because i tend to believe, that people had to be alot smarter in early history of PE. nowadays you can ready everything up and get valuable information firsthand presented on a silver tablet, still people behave the same like over 10 years ago. also i'd agree that this is not a "game". it's a competition?

i suggest to have fun anyways! and don't stop smiling, because everything else is a pity :smoke:

come join me for a hunt on ark, i'll try to remind you about the spirit that seems forgotten nowadays...

remember how to have fun without spending ped, for example. at some point in time it was possible for you in the past? have fun spending no ped? break even and giggle? i know it's not in mindark's favour to behave like this, but i figure it was the way this universe was meant to be built...

sky falling since day zero ... please wake me up when i can finally knock it! :ahh:

and sorry for triplepost ... it's not mindark eating all our money ... it's you throwing it at them like the so called spaghetti on the wall! somehow it sticks, and don't forget, it keeps things going and going in this universe...

:cool:

and sorry for triplepost ... it's not mindark eating all our money ... it's you throwing it at them like the so called spaghetti on the wall! somehow it sticks, and don't forget, it keeps things going and going in this universe...

:cool:

You are an old player, I think you may have noticed that I was not the most economical if you met me or other:dunce:. But sincerely I have never been as economical as now in all my career of EU and I receive in return only wind. I remarked that at least 50% had to be thrown in the air but just this month I spend at least 10h /day arrived every evening at 0 you find it normal while I kept that constant On basic monsters? Having already put 30000peds since January 1 continues still and find me again every night at least?

Can be that I play really bad, but then suddenly that in 2017 after losing sums already consequent in 2015/2016 I continue to deposit and I stagnated at 0.

And especially what future for the game? Do you really think there are fools like us to stay so long to do this manipulate like that? The new generation is much less patient and in view of the huge drop of online gambling sites / lassitude poker I think that EU will end up in the same bag has too much wanting to force record profit every year

I love this game for that I am so preoccupied by my fate at the time that in the future because it is impossible that people endlessly support of this treat like this. Do you really want that EU becomes half desert or just phantoms that connects from time to time take their CLD? Or you want a lively planet with people who team, who laughs. Not mathematicians who must calculate every penny.

Last edited:
and just to be honest ... yes, you can play EU like slots, just for the chicken skin and giggles and maybe the result you hope for, that maybe comes once in two lifetimes. but wouldn't it be better to keep it real, because you know this doesn't work in the end, just by hard numbers and facts? sheesh i know ... rocket science! and EU isn't even slots. :laugh:

and to be honest once more, what i feel comfortable with is deposting between 200 and 300 bucks a month, maybe a bit more when i upgrade gear. i think i can play quite an above average level already at L90, buy lots of senseless stuff, fly around in space, waste peds for giggles like makeup and pvp, and still i don't go broke every second day like some years ago.

how comes?

and just to be honest ... yes, you can play EU like slots, just for the chicken skin and giggles and maybe the result you hope for, that maybe comes once in two lifetimes. but wouldn't it be better to keep it real, because you know this doesn't work in the end, just by hard numbers and facts? sheesh i know ... rocket science! and EU isn't even slots. :laugh:

and to be honest once more, what i feel comfortable with is deposting between 200 and 300 bucks a month, maybe a bit more when i upgrade gear. i think i can play quite an above average level already at L90, buy lots of senseless stuff, fly around in space, waste peds for giggles like makeup and pvp, and still i don't go broke every second day like some years ago.

how comes?

This is what I try to explain before for the same sum already deposited in the game I get to have fun, take a healer and hit a few beasts without risk of seeing collapse all your month of hunting, go Laugh at the rig, buy a little equipment without having to calculate everything if you need it, eat a few ammos on big mobs for fun and then go back to do a little over small. But the same the little it gives you nothing !!! You already have the noloot, you have the miss, you have the evade, and you even have the failed from time to time now you have to calculate each hunting omg

The guys think a bit you are a little lander or investors but without the hunter / miner the game is dead, we will not create a sim's or we will touch this pets and paid for jumping in cryengine2
If there is not of the world that remains ingame no interest has force what it make too lit the pedcard will just leave to make their life
And I say that because half of my friendlist is always red
You ask why plays more answer 90% of the time become too expensive

Last edited:
This is what I try to explain before for the same sum already deposited in the game I get to have fun, take a healer and hit a few beasts without risk of seeing collapse all your month of hunting, go Laugh at the rig, buy a little equipment without having to calculate everything if you need it, eat a few ammos on big mobs for fun and then go back to do a little over small. But the same the little it gives you nothing !!! You already have the noloot, you have the miss, you have the evade, and you even have the failed from time to time now you have to calculate each hunting omg

The guys think a bit you are a little lander or investors but without the hunter / miner the game is dead, we will not create a sim's or we will touch this pets and paid for jumping in cryengine2
If there is not of the world that remains ingame no interest has force what it make too lit the pedcard will just leave to make their life
And I say that because half of my friendlist is always red
You ask why plays more answer 90% of the time become too expensive

Man, all u are saying is true. I ve been playing only since 2014 so mby I might be wrong in some of my conclusions, but this is how i see it. Back then i could hunt kerbo and break even and needed to deposit only from time to time (partly because cost was lower), and nowadays hunting kerbo (or feffox or prot) is the best way to loose all. The reason is obvious - MU for everything has gone down and with same tt return as it used to be (though it feels like its not the same anymore) u can't break even, nevermind 2.9 eco or 3. I think u know better than me what to do - find mob with good MU (not on caly i suppose), drive the waves (cause good loot drops there), make sure u have x5-x10 ped more on card than ur run (never hunt on all bankroll). I know that doesn't sound like a lot of fun but that's the only way not to loose all deposit in 2 or 3 days. Unfortunately no one will tell u which mob is the best in terms of MU cause no one needs competitors. Try other planets, u will have fun exploring them and mby u find a mob that will help u to brake even.

I played since beta, and stopped playing about a year ago.

In the earlier days, I could make a small depo about once or twice a year and make it last forever. Before explosives killed the MU on everything, it was actually fairly easy to profit. That was the first big blow to the economy as I saw it.

The second came with the addition of rings and buffs. At that point it became less about how clever you were and more about how much you could spend. Note that the players who are doing well (the ones telling you that you don't know how to play) all have huge bankrolls and expensive gear. As someone else said earlier, bankroll is critical for surviving this game. The problem is that due to whatever changes that have brought the economy to what it is, you need a far larger bankroll than you used to need to survive.

One of the other core problems with this game is that contrary to most RPGs which get easier as you level up, this one gets harder and harder. As you progress your character, you need more and more resources to sustain yourself. As you start to hunt bigger mobs, you need a bigger pedcard, better gear, etc; to the point that being at the top of this game requires a vast amount of money. You have to figure out where your personal endgame is based on your budget.

Ultimately for me personally, this game became something far different from the Project Entropia I fell in love with 14 years ago. It used to be a universe that was fun to explore, hunt with friends, craft things, and try stuff without needing a spreadsheet in front of you and worrying about every fraction of a pec. I also remember when MA used to actually care about their customers. Anyone else remember the voting booths?

There's no "upper limit" in this game. You can blow up any amount of money instantly. The only limiting factor is your skill level. As long as you're a useless noob it's somewhat harder to ruin yourself. As soon as you skill up, this defense is gone. Now you have to behave like grown up sensible and responsible person.

And then the wailing begins. And no wonder too! It's no fun being a sensible person, thinking your decisions through and taking responsibility for the results. Where the hell is the fun in that! That's the fraking everyday life! The whole point of playing games is to escape everyday life, to behave like a fool, never make plans, never think about the consequences.

If this is how you think there's nothing wrong with you. You are a normal person, the perfectly normal Average Joe...

EU is not for you, go find a nice subscription based game (preferably without a web-shop option). :yup:

It's no fun being a sensible person, thinking your decisions through and taking responsibility for the results. Where the hell is the fun in that! That's the fraking everyday life! The whole point of playing games is to escape everyday life, to behave like a fool, never make plans, never think about the consequences.

For that part I play other games then EU.

If this is how you think there's nothing wrong with you. You are a normal person, the perfectly normal Average Joe...

I'm very happy to be not the Average Joe :yay:

I played since beta, and stopped playing about a year ago.

In the earlier days, I could make a small depo about once or twice a year and make it last forever. Before explosives killed the MU on everything, it was actually fairly easy to profit. That was the first big blow to the economy as I saw it.

The second came with the addition of rings and buffs. At that point it became less about how clever you were and more about how much you could spend. Note that the players who are doing well (the ones telling you that you don't know how to play) all have huge bankrolls and expensive gear. As someone else said earlier, bankroll is critical for surviving this game. The problem is that due to whatever changes that have brought the economy to what it is, you need a far larger bankroll than you used to need to survive.

One of the other core problems with this game is that contrary to most RPGs which get easier as you level up, this one gets harder and harder. As you progress your character, you need more and more resources to sustain yourself. As you start to hunt bigger mobs, you need a bigger pedcard, better gear, etc; to the point that being at the top of this game requires a vast amount of money. You have to figure out where your personal endgame is based on your budget.

Ultimately for me personally, this game became something far different from the Project Entropia I fell in love with 14 years ago. It used to be a universe that was fun to explore, hunt with friends, craft things, and try stuff without needing a spreadsheet in front of you and worrying about every fraction of a pec. I also remember when MA used to actually care about their customers. Anyone else remember the voting booths?

I usually don't reply with a copy of an entire post but sometimes a post needs to be repeated. I am not saying this just to get some random friend in game or in forum, believe when I say that every word you said is exactly my feelings. For any long timer (been around just after beta) it must feel the same. I could go on in a piss contesting rampage about how the soul of PE got lost a long time ago. But back in the days playing this game was being in the gaming frontier, so much never seen before. Now it is as fun as going to an extremelly bad payed work. You just do it because you invested so much time and money in it.

It really made me happy to read that you managed to quit a year ago. Probably harder than quitting many other addictions.

Mindark has completely failed in attracting (and more importantly keeping) new players due to their choise of revenue strategy. It was easier to focus on
1. Gamblers
2. Old timers ready to invest in high end gear to get (sorry me saying, but peanuts).
3. Enough newbies that deposit until they understand the astronomical distance between them and the high end players.

But to the OP I can only say what I have always said, become a low level miner. Research an entire planet for the drops and keep constantly looking at the markups. Most ores/enmatter sells, but ofc not with the markups as in the past.

A friend of mine also said that he heard that 500 kills is a good number to even things out. So I made a very simple spreadsheet to try and survive on my budget. You can make it yourself like this:

Cell 1: Budget (ped)
Cell 2: Number of kills (I add 500)
Cell 3: Damage per pec (whatever dpp you manage to get on your gun)
Cell 4: Total damage for budget (100 * Cell 1 * Cell 2)
Cell 5: Damage/kill (Cell 4/Cell 2)

Lets give an example
I have 300 ped I want to hunt for and get the most out of it.
I want to know what mob I can hunt to afford to hunt enough to get the best possible return for these 300 ped.

Cell 1: Budget (300 ped)
Cell 2: Number of kills (500)
Cell 3: Damage per pec (2,9 dpp)
Cell 4: Total damage for budget (87000)
Cell 5: Damage/kill (174)

So with this info I know I can afford to hunt 500 mobs with a max HP of 174.
And according to Entropedia there are 135 mobs with a MIN HP of 174.
If you are lucky and tt profit you can increase the budget next hunt and therefore hunt a bigger mob.
If you tt lost you can decrease it the next hunt.

But sincerely I have never been as economical as now in all my career of EU or you want a lively planet with people who team, who laughs. Not mathematicians who must calculate every penny.
If you were truly hunting as economical as you say you are you should be profiting 55-65% of all hunts. I team hunt more often now and have fun with other people in my society, so they can experience the profits and show them how I hunt eco. Yes I count every millipec but for me its best to know I am ahead than losing and depositing every time I take loss, my spreadsheet does the heavy lifting in the maths.

Back then i could hunt kerbo and break even, MU for everything has gone down and with same tt return? u can't break even, nevermind 2.9 eco or 3. I think u know better than me what to do - find mob with good MU (not on caly i suppose). I know that doesn't sound like a lot of fun but unfortunately no one will tell u which mob is the best in terms of MU cause no one needs competitors.
I am doing bronze kerberos challenge at the moment, if your eco is high enough you can profit on TT alone, why does nobody understand this simple concept? Markup is additional peds for me and even free skills lol. I know a few (low level) profitable mobs for markup on calypso, but for now just getting through the good iron quests remaining.

Understand, a high enough eco for a specific or particular mob will mean you will profit more often on TT and break even or profit consistently on TT, I do not use markup for breaking even but to expand my balance. My hunting log clearly shows that, when I was at 10k cycled, I was at 101% TT return, at double that, I am still around 101%, quite the coincidence isnt it? Always 1% above the pack xD.

You know what the funny thing is, everyone is saying that there is hardly any markup in the game, yet me solely hunting mobs at or under 300 hp, I am averaging 106% with 101% TT lol. But yes explosives did remove much of the hunting markup but still 106% average is still quite good imo.

Ps: if anyone is interested in how to profit, come watch me @ https://www.twitch.tv/lightangel112

~Mark~

Last edited:
If you were truly hunting as economical as you say you are you should be profiting 55-65% of all hunts. I team hunt more often now and have fun with other people in my society, so they can experience the profits and show them how I hunt eco. Yes I count every millipec but for me its best to know I am ahead than losing and depositing every time I take loss, my spreadsheet does the heavy lifting in the maths.

I am doing bronze kerberos challenge at the moment, if your eco is high enough you can profit on TT alone, why does nobody understand this simple concept? Markup is additional peds for me and even free skills lol. I know a few (low level) profitable mobs for markup on calypso, but for now just getting through the good iron quests remaining.

Understand, a high enough eco for a specific or particular mob will mean you will profit more often on TT and break even or profit consistently on TT, I do not use markup for breaking even but to expand my balance. My hunting log clearly shows that, when I was at 10k cycled, I was at 101% TT return, at double that, I am still around 101%, quite the coincidence isnt it? Always 1% above the pack xD.

You know what the funny thing is, everyone is saying that there is hardly any markup in the game, yet me solely hunting mobs at or under 300 hp, I am averaging 106% with 101% TT lol. But yes explosives did remove much of the hunting markup but still 106% average is still quite good imo.

Ps: if anyone is interested in how to profit, come watch me @ https://www.twitch.tv/lightangel112

~Mark~

I think you did not quite understand what I'm complaining then, do you really think I'll stay at the kerberos 10h / day for 10 years? Do not be foolish you see that you are manipulated like a sweat in disguise. You do not believe after so much time spent in game and so much money spent that I can have the pleasure of not ruined me with each different monster? You think I'm an idiot and I do not know a few profitable monsters? Ok me I give, Caperon young you can hunt it all your life will be profitable (really sorry to accustom the spot). But you believe I will chase years and years a lvl28 monster who is blocking not ubber sup 2k but profitable? Opens the eyes
We are trying to enrich them unnecessarily and they fuck us with Ring / pet that costs a fortune to make it work / Miss Evade Failed mode / soon your weapon will be able to stop if you not enough clean with the "Kit Omegaton Cleaning "
Where is the vote as Syntax say that I have seen but never served,
What serves the president autoelected :laugh: apart from making the husband that he is President.
We can also have our say if we agree with the place to believe that one weep uselessly or the other says bullshit.
It's been since 2003 I play I saw Evolution the game and I shoot the alarm bell they will kill the game

Where can you see Alan after 300k? Me personally you can see that I have consumed after each big ubb because that is it has the origine the game, fun when you win to type bigger even to lose but well laugh.
You win to suffer and you do not want to have the same sensation Awake you

I am not the only one I receive the people PM , MA abuse if at least it agrees to boycott something like their rotten statue too expensive, at least we will have the pleasure of not always be sheep. You think it makes me happy to come to think like that of a group that I appreciated for their professionalism at the beginning

If there is a former project entropia at Mindark and he reads this message help us, remember the most voted points before the Vu4.0 !!!
We want the day night
We want vehicles
We wants cool objects
We want events

In the place we had in the Vu 4.0 : the No loot
VU 10 we had cryengine but we pay it limit of our pocket

Remember that we have already suffered and we said Ok if it is for the good of the game
But it looks well it disguises the system of you have to be with the best equipment for such a monster if not you died to compensate the fact that they want to come back of money that people play means that before and therefore those who Play more faster pass to the deposit

MA makes profits so why a fighter or miners does not have the right to do without this treading head to calculate each parameter while MA I do not think it's treading the ass with their Dynamic loot. Stay realistic I'm not broker . the day when the game stops a shot lack of players, I do not lose fortunes but you may be ...

You pay for ammo etc but you have to pay the price that MA wants and succeed to survive, but they have already created the sweat for those who want to play in survival mode you understand not !!!!!

You make a safari you want to chase a lion you pay, and the guy brings you a zebra and tells you it's all you deserve

Last edited:
Mordoc's math is fine. Returns are slightly down overall to pay for whatever gap is happening in MA's returns. My guess is that everyone is covering the cost of all these +1% / +2% pills, rings, and other buffs. That or maybe the game is failing financially due to not providing entertainment value effectively enough, or maybe reflecting some real world economic condition. Or maybe MA is just feeling greedy.

My recommendation is to bring down per-minute outlay by hunting things like snablesnots and wait for the silliness to pass.

Reactions: San
I think you did not quite understand what I'm complaining then, do you really think I'll stay at the kerberos 10h / day for 10 years? Do not be foolish you see that you are manipulated like a sweat in disguise. You do not believe after so much time spent in game and so much money spent that I can have the pleasure of not ruined me with each different monster? You think I'm an idiot and I do not know a few profitable monsters? Ok me I give, Caperon young you can hunt it all your life will be profitable (really sorry to accustom the spot). But you believe I will chase years and years a lvl28 monster who is blocking not ubber sup 2k but profitable? Opens the eyes
Was this not about poor loot returns on every hunting setup you have used & tested, since 2003 till now?

Look the game was changed around 2015/2016, I am obviously pointing to how in all my posts but you don't seem to get it? The principal is the same whether you are hunting lv3/4 mobs or lv30/40 mobs. You have no one but to blame for your losses but yourself and sadly that is the truth you haven't yet realised. Let me be as blunt as possible for you. Returns are based on ECO, so atm in this current system DPP is king for any level of hunting, and as you progress to higher tier mobs DPS has to be involved more heavily.

This has been confirmed by Linzey multiple times on forum, you have Messi using an IMK2 with 200 DPS (high dpp & high dps combo). Then you have people using large interval weapons (DPS based) with highest crit dmg buffs and FB (DPP) style setups. So in your case using an 80 dps weapon at 2.9 dpp you are sadly not in the correct dpp range to be getting anywhere near 95% returns so over time you will LOSE PED hunting the same mobs as other high lvl players. So know your mob tier based on DPP not dps and stay there. Best advise I can give you for not losing more ped.

Unless of course you have 1 million peds stashed away somewhere for a rainy day?

Was this not about poor loot returns on every hunting setup you have used & tested, since 2003 till now?

Look the game was changed around 2015/2016, I am obviously pointing to how in all my posts but you don't seem to get it? The principal is the same whether you are hunting lv3/4 mobs or lv30/40 mobs. You have no one but to blame for your losses but yourself and sadly that is the truth you haven't yet realised. Let me be as blunt as possible for you. Returns are based on ECO, so atm in this current system DPP is king for any level of hunting, and as you progress to higher tier mobs DPS has to be involved more heavily.

This has been confirmed by Linzey multiple times on forum, you have Messi using an IMK2 with 200 DPS (high dpp & high dps combo). Then you have people using large interval weapons (DPS based) with highest crit dmg buffs and FB (DPP) style setups. So in your case using an 80 dps weapon at 2.9 dpp you are sadly not in the correct dpp range to be getting anywhere near 95% returns so over time you will LOSE PED hunting the same mobs as other high lvl players. So know your mob tier based on DPP not dps and stay there. Best advise I can give you for not losing more ped.

Unless of course you have 1 million peds stashed away somewhere for a rainy day?

Can you re-read the title of my post? MIDDLE DEPOSIT if I had something to buy an impkk2 I will make it reflect then.
You tell me back constance etc ok
I also have someone from my soc with an impmk2 and he told me 99.5% back about TT for 300kped turn, I say ok it's okay
But I have not an impmk2 MA has not created tons you talk about the 10% of players with weapons ubbers.
Middle deposit / middle lvl property that MA will not collapse people who put more than 300kped in 1year

You talk about Messi but I do not know him and at the sight of his 1st post I do not want to know him, but I think that being gamer his goal is to ATH not just to make profitable. Maybe I'm wrong and time better for him. But by depositing less than 500k I have a HOF hunt better than his and I have 2ATH and countless ubber. MA will just wait for it to faint to make him want the win hopes lol good luck

To see you write rufen we will say that I cry not to be enriched, but I just want everyone to play has a game that will continue in a player perspective, we are not the one for that MA makes record profits c ' What is this? I do not make any profit why they do it and I find myself unable to buy my ammunition while I deposit permanently?

I rephrase if I play 10h non stop why I have not at least right to recuperate on the same monster the sum or at least 90% of the sum in the end? Now you are either lucky enough to have prepared your hunting for perfection; Either you loose and MA tells you you can redeposit try to lose if you want

Last edited:
MA's financial records are public. If you look through the history, they were operating in the negative for a long time until finally having a positive year last year -- coincidentally right after the time that I've read a lot of people seem to have noticed a big change in the economy. Coincidentally right after electing a new CEO. Typically when my company replaces CEOs it's because the previous one was not profitable enough, but who knows. I'm an engineer, not a finance person, so maybe I'm misinterpreting.

It stands to reason that it's not in MA's benefit for us to succeed. I've only been playing a short time, so I don't know what it was like to have loot with MU, but as I read through the various threads I see a common fallacy. People seem to see MU as something that doesn't hurt MA, because it's money made off other players and not the system, so they feel it's justified for MA to introduce things that help increase MU. This is, of course, false. Even if it's off other players, if you can steadily profit then you don't need to deposit, and that hurts MA's revenue stream. From a business perspective, it would make sense for MA to do everything they can to make profitability extremely difficult.

So it's silly to think MA's going to get rid of, or even change, the EP BPs - killing the markup on everything is good business for them.

It also is fairly common in the industry to cater to your whale players. Even though I've put what I would consider a fair amount of money and time into the game, I'm just a casual player compared to the big boys. As long as MA has the Messi's wasting all their time and huge amounts of money playing this game 14 hrs a day, they are going to incentivize their play style, not mine.

So the "real cash economy" seems to mimic the real world economy. The middle-class players, such as yourself, OP, seem to have it most difficult.

Ya'll might get a kick out of these notes from the 2012 annual statement:

Expected Development
Veteran Appreciation - MindArk will focus lots of development time on improving the Entropia
Universe experience for current participants and Entropia veterans. Many of the most common
requests and wish list items received from our participants via support cases and community
forums will be addressed in the first two version updates of the New Year. Issues that will be
prioritized includes:
Reducing cost to play / increasing average TT returns
Lowering the volatility of returns for many activities
 Increasing UL item tiering speed / lowering UL item tiering cost
 Removing the UL armor equipping fee
 Lowering the minimum usable condition of many items
 Introducing goals for users that in many ways has hit the progression ceiling
Fixing bugs

The thing is there are more unhappy customers than happy ones, the reason they keep playing is purely addiction and good friends in eu.

Depositing hundreds or even thousands shouldn't be a requirement to last a long time in replay value for a normal user that hunt at his lvl.

My signature Bellow tells the story of most of the users experience in EU. Usually it finishes with a big pile of dung.

Last edited:
To be banished and to have lost my money for nothing if one can at least save the soul of this game.
a few years ago I still had a huge hope given the work accomplished with the open space but to this day I ' I never made Hunt space because it costs a fortune and no one of my friends is in the capacity to suffer such a loss.
I have already left several times filled with several K peds arkadia - calypso because it is the game the risk !!! But it is more of the risk it is the fickle of peds

We do almost nothing compared to before for fear of losing all these

Last edited:
Why are ubers such assholes?
Are all rich people like this?
They must be. Why else would they tell the peasants to stop complaining when they don't have to stand in the bread line.

Why are ubers such assholes?
Are all rich people like this?
They must be. Why else would they tell the peasants to stop complaining when they don't have to stand in the bread line.

Well, not every uber is an asshole, and not every asshole is an uber.

But rich people have problems too, give them a break:

1) Playing an incredibly boring and repetitive game for 12 hrs a day makes you cranky and socially dysfunctional.

2) Lady at the bar not impressed by your IMK2.

3) The nagging feeling that ultimately you are wasting your time and money on something truly meaningless.

4) Bad day at the yacht club.

Who knows?

Well, not every uber is an asshole, and not every asshole is an uber.

But rich people have problems too, give them a break:

1) Playing an incredibly boring and repetitive game for 12 hrs a day makes you cranky and socially dysfunctional.

2) Lady at the bar not impressed by your IMK2.

3) The nagging feeling that ultimately you are wasting your time and money on something truly meaningless.

4) Bad day at the yacht club.

Who knows?

I do not quite agree how boring it is? Look at my pics in the screenshot section it's beautiful I am pleased has chased in decors with fog mist etc. I have full of challenges to finish but I have not enough funds. I'd like to go hunting space, I would like to be afraid in pvp4, I would like to have a big HOF after a hard fight in team or with healer just pay and replay, I would like to tamer an atrox there is something Has done but even with my deposit amount, MA blocks me in 3 days big max

I ask not wealth, Neverdie can keep his million thanks to CND, otherwise I will only have to buy CLD and connect me 1x a month. I have 0 CLD or other me I just want to have fun a loot if I loot a LAND or big cool trick but especially the fact of the find

You are going to tell me but if you give too much you will all go out but nobody told them to put a limit example 2 years before withdrawal big amount Overrun x5 sum (if you are lander or investor you see not on 1year stop to take me for an idiot) and the problem is adjust

Last edited:
MA's financial records are public. If you look through the history, they were operating in the negative for a long time until finally having a positive year last year -- coincidentally right after the time that I've read a lot of people seem to have noticed a big change in the economy. Coincidentally right after electing a new CEO. Typically when my company replaces CEOs it's because the previous one was not profitable enough, but who knows. I'm an engineer, not a finance person, so maybe I'm misinterpreting.

It stands to reason that it's not in MA's benefit for us to succeed. I've only been playing a short time, so I don't know what it was like to have loot with MU, but as I read through the various threads I see a common fallacy. People seem to see MU as something that doesn't hurt MA, because it's money made off other players and not the system, so they feel it's justified for MA to introduce things that help increase MU. This is, of course, false. Even if it's off other players, if you can steadily profit then you don't need to deposit, and that hurts MA's revenue stream. From a business perspective, it would make sense for MA to do everything they can to make profitability extremely difficult.

So it's silly to think MA's going to get rid of, or even change, the EP BPs - killing the markup on everything is good business for them.

It also is fairly common in the industry to cater to your whale players. Even though I've put what I would consider a fair amount of money and time into the game, I'm just a casual player compared to the big boys. As long as MA has the Messi's wasting all their time and huge amounts of money playing this game 14 hrs a day, they are going to incentivize their play style, not mine.

So the "real cash economy" seems to mimic the real world economy. The middle-class players, such as yourself, OP, seem to have it most difficult.

Ya'll might get a kick out of these notes from the 2012 annual statement:

Expected Development
Veteran Appreciation - MindArk will focus lots of development time on improving the Entropia
Universe experience for current participants and Entropia veterans. Many of the most common
requests and wish list items received from our participants via support cases and community
forums will be addressed in the first two version updates of the New Year. Issues that will be
prioritized includes:
Reducing cost to play / increasing average TT returns
Lowering the volatility of returns for many activities
 Increasing UL item tiering speed / lowering UL item tiering cost
 Removing the UL armor equipping fee
 Lowering the minimum usable condition of many items
 Introducing goals for users that in many ways has hit the progression ceiling
Fixing bugs

There is also the matter of how one defines "success" as a participant in an MMO game. Over and over I read distress from people who have defined their "success" at this game purely in terms of cash gains. It's a game:dunce: .... I define "success" in this game both in terms of avatar development and, increasingly, more in terms of purely having fun. Then the question becomes "was this entertainment worth what I paid for it?" and when the publisher fails to provide said entertainment, it's time to put those bits of my recreational budget somewhere else (at the moment they've been going to various beers and forms of caffeine, fueling my production of tons of mostly-crappy short stories for eventual use if I ever publish my roleplay world). I read Morfoc's original post as a thoroughly valid complaint that MindArk continually absconds with the equivalent of his "subscription" to this virtual entertainment, and not only provides him a somewhat more onerous hunting experience than they maybe could, but fails to let his substantial financial contribution carry normal play longer than a couple of days. I can relate: the primary difference between his experience and mine is that my deposits per year are smaller. But one of the major reasons I play this game is to explore places I've either never seen, or have forgotten, or have been redone (usually really badly...) since my last visit, and exploring is free here (though a longer timeout on dying will certainly reduce the amount of my deposits per year, by putting undesirably long interruptions in my (re-)exploration).

So I go right back to my previous recommendation to hunt the silly little mobs that cycle very little per hour, and let MindArk either tune down the expense of a normal hunt, or much more likely continue to focus on catering mainly to the biggest gamblers they can find. And hey - they are in the business of making money by entertaining people, and catering only to the biggest-spending few is one proven model for profit. And I can sell out and withdraw when I get bored. To be realistic about it, my dollars are a drop in their bucket (only about the same per year as a subscription to any very popular MMO).

There is also that in past years MindArk has encouraged players to expect an average 90% or so TT return. I hear Morfoc complaining that MA seems to have abandoned that objective. I'm still making up my mind on this, as I don't personally cycle enough to have a valid sample. I'll just mention that I don't hunt anything bigger than a snablesnot on the same planet as an event in progress (and when the event is in progress on Calypso, the entire universe seems to be affected - I notice that my only HoF ever, crafting large striped cotton fabric texture on Monria, happened mere seconds after Old Fred ATH'd :rolleyes: ).

There is also that in past years MindArk has encouraged players to expect an average 90% or so TT return.
It's a sort of standard assumption I am struggling to trace back to something MA has originally said. When and where did they say that?

Let's face it,EU is the most expensive online game and nobody forces us to play it...we eighter accept that or we move on to other online games and there are plenty to chose from.
Who do you think pays for MA and the people who have invested thousands and tens of thousands of usd in the game(hunters with ubber gear,CLD,AUD and land owners,PP)?the rest of us,just like in RL,the 99%
You want fun?You're in the wrong place,because I can't see the fun in repeating everything whether is grinding mobs,click-ing to drop a bomb in the ground or hitting the autoclick at the crafting machine....or is just me who doesn't see the fun in doing that.Why do we do it?Everyone is waiting for the yellow swirly even though so few admit it...that's why we play,not for fun,if we really wanted fun we would be playing something else because i know a ton of games who provide that for a fraction of the cost

Back