Help: EU "connection lost" after 9 mins repeatedly

Jas

Old Alpha
Society
Shaolin
Jar Jasis Sismondi
Title pretty much sums it up. I start EU, runs, after approx 9 mins I get "connection lost". This happens again and again always same time, approx 9 mins.

What changed? I changed my ISP (Voda...) cablle router - a "required hardware upgrade". Internet runs fine on the new router via LAN and WIFI - browsing etc. Also "other games" run fine, but EU has an issue.

Checked the router logs. No disconnect or other erroneous event when EU gets "connection lost". PC FW config stays same.

This one is driving me a bit potty.

Any ideas much appreciated!

Cheers,
Jar

Launcher, tools, connection, set it very low, i have 1mbit, but others sometimes recommended even lower.
Maybe i just imagine, but feels like the number of disconnects drastically decreased since i lowered it.

Reactions: Jas
If you say you are fine with other games and browsing etc....... Then the only thing that comes to my mind is some type of firewall that might be causing it to disconnect you......... Do you have any firewalls installed?

My memory is a bit hazy but there used to be problems at about 1 minite or the 6 minute mark when apparently some kind of sync check was made. The check may have used some unusual port or so that may not have been open, so not getting through resulted in a sudden disconnect.
Maybe some better techies can remember better / suggest which ports to carefully allow more 'freedom' for testing purposes. Yes, that could be firewall related with the router change...

Thanks all for the feedback. It was .... EU settings connection speed - set it low as advised and now stable.

Thanks again, cheers, Jar

Just for reference, EU settings connection speed to low is a workaround, not a fix. If you disconnect, something is going with your connection. I am not aware of how it is implemented in EU but usually settings for lower connection speeds either limit the amount of data sent, increases the tolerance for packets out of order or both.

The fact that it is happening on both LAN and WIFI is somewhat telling. That means that there is likely nothing wrong with your workstation (If it was just on wifi, there are some funky things in win8 and forwards afaik that on certain adapters cause connection loss when it checks surrounding for a better signal)

If it works fine with the settings changed, perhaps you are okay with the workaround. Just remember this issue if/when you run into problems with other applications/in other situations.

Back