Suggestion: EU getting better, still a lot to improve:

Naomi

Elite
Society
Rangers
Naomi NP Polder
A lot of work has been done already, especially the last year. But imho we're not quite there yet.
(enhancer fast add/remove, custom chat channels no longer disappear after login, boxes now stack >50,...)

current bugs:
- pm windows don't light up when a pm has arrived
- every time I log in, the main chat window gets smaller...

A couple of more suggestions: feel free to add your own below in this thread.

- make a difference between 'contacts' and 'friends'. Perhaps we an put people in categories in our contact list, like most IM programs have. I don't think we need a loveheart in game for ever contact we ever added for a private trade...

- 'create plates set'
I would love to be able to equip/unequip a plates set with 1 button, the same way armor does.

- lock main items during mayhem
When one participates in a mayhem event, the UL items like weapon, fap, armor should be locked for the duration of the event. This to avoid that people gain unfair advantages by using expensive gear on multiple accounts, as has been done in the past. Also to avoid that 5 spots in 1 category get taken with 1 weapon that is lended out.

- main chat window layout: currently the main chat window looks good, but every time you hover it, it changes to some ancient lay-out. Imho there is no need for that ancient lay-out.

- game consistent lay-out: I have never seen a game with more different lay-outs then EU.
The current codex window is clean and fast, I love it. Please unify most HUD windows, and give some background options like grey, brown (like skills), blue-ish (like codex) for each person's readability issues,... the chosen background color aplies automatically to all HUD windows.

- copy/paste buffer: after using ctrl-c / ctrl-v x-times, shortcuts don't work anymore, but you can still paste with the right mouse button and pasting.

- see society globals/hoff in soc-chat color. (option in HUD)
would make it much more easy to spot those.

- option for timestamps in pm windows
Sometimes I notice a pm, but have NO idea when it was sent.

- add the inventory of shops to some kind of index.
I would love to be able to search for certain items WITHOUT getting motion-sick by visiting every room on all three floors of PA mall,Twin mall, the other mall, medusa, every appartment with a shopkeeper, every shopping stand on CP, asteroids, other malls, and I have no idea near how many TP's on every planet... I simply won't bother with this shit, that would take me 3hours/daily at least...

- societies...
Many has been written about this before
- autokick inactive members (set nr of days)
- kick inactive member that has LA revenue % (currently impossible)
- ... check this thread

- mayhem rework for proportional rewards
Currently being 11th in cat10 is worth LESS then being 1st in cat9 or any other cat, which make it impossible for the higher playerbase to even compete in mayhem. The 10 top-spots go to those with the highest pockets/best gear (which is logical and understandable). What is not acceptable is that those who cannot secure a place in the top10, won't even invest their time and money into this event. This is a huge loss for MA. I've always refused to chip down to fall into a lower category, because I consider that border-line of cheating.
thread 1
thread 2
New system in short:
- you can choose in what category you hunt (best matching your armor/gun, etc)
- your score gets multiplied by the nr of the category you registered. (which makes ppl want to hunt in a category as high as possible)
- ALL participants who finished x hours in mayhem, get their score in 1 "mayhem score list" (which makes ppl want to advance, rather then stay in their current category and chip out)
- tokens are awarded, proportional to your score (totaltokens / totalscores * yourscore = yourtokens)
- PM tokens (imho redundant) get awarded to the topX of each category
Personally I would abolish PM tokens, and give the possibility to trade them in for e.g. 10k tokens.

This system equals in getting rewarded in balance with your effort, gear,... For everyone, in a fair way, and not just for a select few.
(The current system has been a very high incentive for cheaters to obtain multiple spots.)

- animation vs killspeed
Currently when you wield a fast sword, the avatar moves every 2 executed hits...I think this can easily be corrected.

- auction: more filter and sort systems, for instance based on dps, total protection, ...

- ... pls add to this thread

Last edited:
Most of what you talk about I think MindArk is already working on; the user interfaces are all about to be 'unified' as you say, there's a new Mayhem system coming which I think they mentioned in the last AMA or somewhere else, can't remember.

In my wishlist/suggestion thread I talked about Mayhem issues, I guess my issues are different than yours. I don't really have a problem with people renting out or lending gear to others but seems you do. My issues are more that the progression through the Categories (especially the lower ones) is way too fast, i.e. you could very easily punch through the Cat 3 skill limit during a 40 hour grind in a Mayhem, at least that's what happened to me even when switching between laser and blp...

So I had these suggestions:

--Mayhem:
1. Spread out Categories a little better (e.g. 15 levels between each Category instead of 10)
If a participant wishes to use an ArMatrix rifle to compete in the Mayhem, e.g. Cat 4, he'll go for the LR-45 (closest one to max dps allowed in Cat 4). To max the LR-45 requires he be level 50 which only gives him 5 levels to play with in Cat 4 before he lands into the next Category, I think that's too short. Either spread it out a little bit more or give a weapon option which is already maxed when entering the new Category (see #2 below).

2. New line of high(er) dps crafted limited guns that are already maxed upon entering a new Category
I'd love to see a new line of craftable Improved GeoTrek guns that have slightly better efficiency than ArMatrix and more dps for their level (the traditional crafted GeoTrek guns had a lot of dps for their level). This would be valued by many hunters who need more dps or are looking for better efficiency. Crafters would benefit too by having something new to make since the prices of ArMatrix weapons has now tanked to where on most guns it's hard to make a profit.

3. New 2500 PED ESI (L) from Mayhem vendor with 20% skill loss, one time use (if you don't fill it, you lose the remaining tt)
Before every Mayhem there are posts on this forum of hunters trying to give away their skills for free in order to drop down to a lower Category. And I also know of some 'ubers' that just don't participate in Mayhem at all because they feel that they have absolutely no chance at winning in their Category, but if they could lower their skills would probably participate in a lower Category. There is a common thread here which is that it is very difficult right now to 'lower' or get rid of skills, even if you are offering them for free. Small ESIs are expensive and just don't take away enough skills to make a difference really. What is need is something that can take away more skill faster (at a cost). A new supply of large ESIs is needed in order to allow more people to play the game at the level that they choose to play it at. However in order not to disrupt the market of looted ESIs, these should have some disadvantages.

These disadvantages I mentioned are just some ideas and could be different but I thought that making them good for only one extraction could be appropriate. This in effect would probably have the end result of stimulating the looted ESI market because for example, you could extract Laser weaponry or BLP weaponry using one of these 1 time 2500 ped ESIs and although that would drop you down several levels, ultimately, you'd still have to keep your (hit) and your (dmg) balanced and for that you'd need to also extract some Rifle and/or Handgun as well which you'd most likely want to do using some smaller ESIs.

4. Live Scoreboard (no more surprise high-scores in the last few hours of Mayhem)
Every Mayhem it seems, on the last day you see the names at the top of the list change. People 'hide' their scores by waiting until the last day to 'reveal' them by completing the run. If the scores of runs that haven't been completed were also shown, this wouldn't happen. Last summer MsPudding held an event on her LAs and showed the benefits of such a scoreboard, everyone loved it. MindArk hopefully took notice and will think about implementing such capabilities into their Mayhem event system going forward.

- every time I log in, the main chat window gets smaller...

This might be a trademark by now, which is why it probably won't ever be fixed. It's pretty much the oldest bug there is I guess.

I mean they save the inner width of the window without the border and then set it as the width with the border. Or something. How hard can it be...

We might actually lose this bug once the new UI is in place...

Change the loot system.
This play from xx:xx till xx:xx = good loot, play from yy:yy till yy:yy = bad loot design is crap...
I guess this design is one of the main reasons the player base isn't growing, there's just no point in playing for people who can only play during the 60-80% TT-return (bad loot) window....

I can offer you 15 settler arm blueprints, markup shows one is worth 10k so you make a nice profit when you sell them!

Back