EU Pocket Back Up?

AckerZ

Old Alpha
Society
Dirty Dingos
Anonymous AckerZ Anonymous
Anybody know if you can set up a back up of the EU pocket 2FA app on another device. Have lost a phone in the past that had a 2FA app on it and had no way to recover it, now I have all 2FA apps on my main device and on an old device that never leaves the home, can't seem to figure out if you can do this with the EU 2FA app, any advice would be appreciated.

probably not possible. What you do is contact support in support ticket, they temporarily remove 2fa from account (you may need to send in real world documentation like a driver license)... then after it's gone re-add it to the device you really want to add it to.

Apparently the idea behind 2fa is that it is only on ONE DEVICE and so it ties it to that one device only.

You need the code that was given to you when you activated the service. Its 5 capital letters
Exemple UHGGI

I don't mean this rudely but I am wondering why you would need or want this type of security ? MA has logs of everything and from what I have seen they take care of fraud and abuse pretty quickly. I didn't even like the old device where we had to get a number from a device for a 2 step login. Then that went wacky and we could opt out so we could just use our regular login. And like what has happened here the device went bad or whatever and the player is just screwed until MA can help him with the problem.

Anyway good luck to you and I hope it gets fixed quickly.

I don't mean this rudely but I am wondering why you would need or want this type of security ? MA has logs of everything and from what I have seen they take care of fraud and abuse pretty quickly. I didn't even like the old device where we had to get a number from a device for a 2 step login. Then that went wacky and we could opt out so we could just use our regular login. And like what has happened here the device went bad or whatever and the player is just screwed until MA can help him with the problem.

Unfortunately, we can not return items or money lost due to a scam. Since all items in Entropia Universe have a real value we instead advise you to consider filing an official police report about your lost items. If the police contact us, we will cooperate with them and submit all available logs we have.

What konvicted said, there is a code you get from MA that allows you turn the 2fa on and off by your choice. I dropped my phone down the toilet and deactivated the 2fa until i got a new phone, worked very smoothly

This is exactly why @CozMoDan

2FA is mandatory these days. Just stupid to run without it, at least if you have used years building you avatar and have some valuable gear.

I had to change phone once, and didn't have the code for the app. I contacted support, which gave me a new code. I had to supply evidence of my identity.

"""""
Read this:
Hello
I am writing a continuation of an old story. In 2019, I put part of my funds on withdrawal. after a long delay, my withdrawal was canceled.
The support service wrote to the support case that they are investigating. This was the last message from them.
I assumed it was due to trade and some kind of transactions. I tried to find out the details. What my actions aroused their suspicion. There was silence in response. With the help of the forum, I found ALL players who made the wrong transactions with me and returned their funds to them.
(I don't understand why some players write on the forum about a wrong deal, but did not inform me about it in the game, and then accuse me of something. All players who applied to the game with a request to return an incorrect deal received a refund) ...

I suggested to the support service to withdraw some of the funds from me, which they considered "suspicious". Then he offered to take away at least all the funds that I have and allow me to continue playing without a ban on withdrawing funds. But in response, silence ...

I like this game. I love to trade and I love to craft. I am an honest player and always return bad trades. And unfortunately I do not understand why MindArk does this to me.

I understand that now I am much less active in trading, but still some "haters" will write unpleasant words, but I ask the administrator not to close this forum page. Maybe someone will give good advice to me.

""""""
This is from another post and I did not know how to quote from 2 different threads. Apparently they do respond to scams, without a police report. I think MA support people choose if the want to work on something or not and if they do not then they just say "We do not do that"

Lol this is funny.

You apparently haven't been compromised yet or know about it (or had anything of value to take). Just wait until you get attacked by a simcard swap attack and realize most 2fa methods (like SMS) are vulnerable.

Lol this is funny.

You apparently haven't been compromised yet or know about it (or had anything of value to take). Just wait until you get attacked by a simcard swap attack and realize most 2fa methods (like SMS) are vulnerable.
Showing how little I know as I do not know what a "simcard swap attack" is.

Back