EU Tutorial Contest :: Win 50k EFD!!

Cool idea 711 :)

Does anyone want to bet against resident tutorial writer Alice taking all 450,000 EFD? :D
Yup i would take that bet.... :D

Alice's tutorial is very good, although i still have problems with her structure of English paragraphs. It could be a whole lot easier on the eye. Also much of Alice's tutorial is consolidation of others peoples work. Im seriously not trying to be disrespectful, but there are many good tutorial writers out there. Just some not as vocal about what they have done, or never put pen to paper so to speak ;)

Yup i would take that bet.... :D

Alice's tutorial is very good, although i still have problems with her structure of English paragraphs. It could be a whole lot easier on the eye. Also much of Alice's tutorial is consolidation of others peoples work. Im seriously not trying to be disrespectful, but there are many good tutorial writers out there. Just some not as vocal about what they have done, or never put pen to paper so to speak ;)
hm, i have no idea of where to set them to be honest :)
and i will bet against it too anyway, since im not planning to write a guide in every section
the consolidation, well, quite
it is still written by me completly without having copied anything expect the batches in crafting part, what i asked if im allowed to ;)

btw, if you can tell me where to set the paragraphs i will change it :D

Sorry Alice i really didnt mean to sound harsh, and i dont really like to comment on someones English skills when mine are not perfect by a long way (even if i am native speaking English). I also like your tutorial and get my disciples to read it first and ask me any further questions after.

What i mean about the English paragraph, and i guess this goes for anyone creating a document. Is that its not just about what content is in the text, but also how that text is structured on the page. Ill give an example...

and i will bet against it too anyway, since im not planning to write a guide in every section
the consolidation, well, quite
it is still written by me completly without having copied anything expect the batches in crafting part, what i asked if im allowed to ;)

Could read...

I will bet against it too anyway, since im not planning to write a guide in every section. The consolidation, well, quite it is still written by me completly without having copied anything expect the batches in crafting part, what i asked if im allowed to ;)

The slight difference is ive moved a line or two to make it more readable. Ive not changed the grammar or spelling. Although im sure people who want to fuss about grammar could point out the grammatical errors that are there. However the grammar is not so important as long as it is understandable. Looking through your awesome tutorial there are a few places where the information is all there, but the text is hard to follow because of the structure of the page.

Anyway im really hope im not coming across as an arse! Im the first to jump on someone who complains about bad English, and your English is very good!! Much better than my German where i can say "good morning" and count to 10 lol

Sorry Alice i really didnt mean to sound harsh, and i dont really like to comment on someones English skills when mine are not perfect by a long way (even if i am native speaking English). I also like your tutorial and get my disciples to read it first and ask me any further questions after.

What i mean about the English paragraph, and i guess this goes for anyone creating a document. Is that its not just about what content is in the text, but also how that text is structured on the page. Ill give an example...

Could read...

The slight difference is ive moved a line or two to make it more readable. Ive not changed the grammar or spelling. Although im sure people who want to fuss about grammar could point out the grammatical errors that are there. However the grammar is not so important as long as it is understandable. Looking through your awesome tutorial there are a few places where the information is all there, but the text is hard to follow because of the structure of the page.

Anyway im really hope im not coming across as an arse! Im the first to jump on someone who complains about bad English, and your English is very good!! Much better than my German where i can say "good morning" and count to 10 lol
i didn't thought its harsh
but i know what you mean, i will think about reading it again and make more space in between :D
actually, one of my disciples said this once (still does): "your english is 95% perfect, 5% cute" :rolleyes:
if i can improve it, I'm open for suggestions :D

actually, one of my disciples said this once (still does): "your english is 95% perfect, 5% cute" :rolleyes:
lol someone said that about my Polish once, although they just said it was 100% cute because i just sounded like a small child learning to speak for the first time. The girl teaching me was very cute herself so i let her off for the comment :D

Anyway drifting OT sorry. Good luck to all those that enter the contest :)

Why not make some ESI usage (or skill implante) tutorials?
I've tried to make some searches but got totaly confused by new and old ESIs...:scratch2:

I've been feverishly writing a sweating tutorial. I sincerely hope it wins, as I've already spent way too much time on it, and I'm only half done. :confused:

Polls have been created for all categories with more than one entry.

Since I will not be available on the original date posted for the end of the polls, I have extended them until Jan 16th to allow enough time for votes.

Alice won several categories by default, since she made the only entry. Sir Odd's tutorial for Estates won in this manner as well.

I was hoping for more of a turnout on this effort from the EF community, it really is a worthwhile cause for us to do everything we can to help new players learn how to enjoy and suceed in our wonderful universe.

Hopefully we can get more tutorials donated in the future, especially for areas like Beauty (hint hint Pinky) and things not covered in this contest.

Thanks to all those who submitted tutorials, and best of luck in the polls!

It was a real great idea, 711. Perhaps, next time, you could do something like this during non-holiday times.

Not sure if that was a factor or not, but judging on the huge reduction in soc chat during that time, I'd say many folks were unavailable for writing duty.

EDIT:
Good luck to the finalists in the sections we're voting on.

hm
i think the holiday times was a good time choice, when else would you have time to write?

unfortunately i had a head start, since my guide existed already :D

the 2 weeks were a bit short maybe, my guide took more time

the question is, what was the intention?
just a small overview?
going deeper?
or already tactics ?

i would look forward to the beauty tutorial too, if you need someone to take screenies Pinky, give me a hint :)

So where is the final vote?? Did this just disapear?
First my intention was to participate, but then when I understod that the post have very limited graphical possibilities I changed my mind, I stick to write my own guides at my site.... + Holidays was not good for me at all since I had to spend time with my family. Easier to steel a few minutes at work than from famlily time.

But stil, the copmetition is a very good idea and I'm a bit curious about the winner.

Since I will not be available on the original date posted for the end of the polls, I have extended them until Jan 16th to allow enough time for votes.
Hopefully we can get more tutorials donated in the future, especially for areas like Beauty (hint hint Pinky) and things not covered in this contest.

Thanks to all those who submitted tutorials, and best of luck in the polls!

Oh FFS! now I see this! I was going to write a guide, a really good one, but simply could not do it in the time allocated - simply too busy. Had I seen this I would have done it...

Not to worry, I will still write the guide anyway... I do them for the love of the game anyway ;)

Congratulations to Alice, who won all categories, except the Sweating Tutorial, which was won by Spud Striker.

:cheer:

EFDs will be awarded shortly, and the winning tutorials will be placed in the Sticky Threads forum.

Thanks to all who took the time to submit tutorials, and to those who read them, gave feedback, and voted in the polls.

weeeeeeeee

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
:wtg: :wtg:

I gonna be rich
:money:

So did I get anything from the estates tutorial or is Alice getting that too? :silly2:

I checked the material. No offence to Alice, but it was not so many competitors. In my oppinion it would have been extended so more people could attend. But probably u give rats shit for my oppinion :)

Any way grats to Alice! (but you should have writen a complete new one not cut and pasted)

The winning submissions have now been moved to the Sticky Threads forum, and EFDs have been awarded to the winners.

Also, the contest category subforums have been removed. Any submissions that did not win have been moved to the Tutorial Contest subforum.

Once again, thanks to all those who participated in this effort, and congratulations to the winners!

:wtg:

I checked the material. No offence to Alice, but it was not so many competitors. In my oppinion it would have been extended so more people could attend. But probably u give rats shit for my oppinion

Any way grats to Alice! (but you should have writen a complete new one not cut and pasted)
The time was absolutly enough :D

but honestly, it was during holidays, so ppl had time imo

and thanks for the EFD ;)

PS
I'm rich
:money: :money: :money:

richuser.JPG

Me wants to write a tutorial on beauty (already did one on PC content) can we have this running like a good way to earn EFD ? id love to be able to throw some flowers around ...

What do u say 711 ? make it always open for submisions ... and award efd to good tutorial wrtiers ?

Ido

Nice idea Ido, this time I will be prepared. Hope 711 listen to u.

I wonder if i can use alice's tutorial i mean when i'm accepting a disciple i usually tell them everythign about the game face 2 face, i was thinking about creating my own guide but alice did a great job so i'll redirect all my disciple here (already redirect 5 of them to EF i think)

yeah write a guide fior efd i love it. can i recopy mine? lol

seeing ur will to recopy tutorials ( = produce unwanted tutorial spam) i think there would also need to be a person who would read the new tutorials and see if they bring anything new/important to the thing ...

... if there is nothing new to say and everything has been said is there a point of saying it again ? (especialy when said reffers to written and u can read it a 100 times :p)

well, if it would be open for all the time, it would be kinda pointless

oh, a new weapon, lets write a new tutorial to get the EFD
copy old, insert new weapon, write new

would be kinda useless

but, if there would be indeed new ones, adding either( and with adding i mean having the old info in it as long this is right) new content, why not

i bet there are many master miners or crafters out there who could write more about this subject, as i can
so, if one of these would write something better, so be it ;)
but in case of "basics" i should have written most, and most likely even too much if it would just be about basics :D
(i wrote something new about estates too, but i didn't publish it here, no need to put sir odd in danger)

i would be very happy about a beauty tutorial
i would write one myself, i just don't have the equipment for it, so i could at least explain the basics
for taming i borrowed a whip, but a hair stylist chair is another league :p

so, if someone writes a good tutorial that is either complete new (beauty) why not giving away EFD?
but, it would be fair if there would be another competition too then, like having time to write another one 1-2 weeks ;)

if there would be additional info, why not adding it?
yes, most likely you don't get EFD if you just post it, but that could be changed, simply pm 711 if its worth the EFD ^.-

but trying to ask if that could work for every new tutorial, where is the competition?
in this case you had had your chances to write something and didn't take it
and now months after it becomes suddenly interesting ?
most of the contests i won without any competition, it seemed noone really cared, or the ones who did thought i described the subjects enough
in any case, i got the EFD either with ingorance of others or because they accepted it is good enough for me to get them

anyway, if you want a guide contest, I'm here :)
experience in more or less 1 year mentoring, i should know several newbie questions :D
just that i've never really been asked in beauty, well, the questions stopped when i started with the beginning cost :rolleyes:

what i find a bit weird about this question for EFD for guides is
would you just write one, and share your knowledge if you are paid for this ?
i mean, as i said, my guide already existed, i published the adress here already before this guide contest was here, pretty long before

yes, i posted the guides here to get the EFD too, but i didn't ask
"can i get EFD when i write a guide?"

besides, my actual guide is at 104 pages, without beauty
not just hunting etc. what i posted here
ofc, i could ask if i could get EFD if i post the missing parts, just that i didn't
it isn't the spirit of passing knowledge really, or rather, of writing guides

just my thoughts

call it a bump

edit,
I wonder if i can use alice's tutorial i mean when i'm accepting a disciple i usually tell them everythign about the game face 2 face, i was thinking about creating my own guide but alice did a great job so i'll redirect all my disciple here (already redirect 5 of them to EF i think)
you can direct them to my site with the guide

www[dot]alice-pe[dot]tk

can lead you to it, and its easy to remember :p
the guide there has 104 pages, and contains a bit more than what i posted here (there were no sections to post it )

What i meant Alice is not getting paid for writing another usless clone copy of a hunting tutorial (what i see a lot of people would do)...

I just had no idea the competition existed and sort of woken up long after it ended...

now that im becoming more active on the forum (since boring work makes me just want to browse it instead of doing the actual work) i did take some time to share some of my expiriences from the game ...

for example:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58794
my Participant content how-to thread ... i knew a lot of people had problems with uploading PC content and i recived a lot of question so i decided to write everything down (and not have to repeat myself everytime :) )

Anyway i dont mind writing tutorials on things i have vast knowlege about beauty being the main one :) but would be nice to have some EFD for gifts too :) ...

the reason i mentioned writing the beauty tutorial is because i seen it as one of the topics listed by 711 and i dont think anyone took that challenge :) with the prize money i could throw some serious gifts around :) or buy tons of lottery tickets and waste it all away :D

What i meant Alice is not getting paid for writing another usless clone copy of a hunting tutorial (what i see a lot of people would do)...

I just had no idea the competition existed and sort of woken up long after it ended...

now that im becoming more active on the forum (since boring work makes me just want to browse it instead of doing the actual work) i did take some time to share some of my expiriences from the game ...

for example:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58794
my Participant content how-to thread ... i knew a lot of people had problems with uploading PC content and i recived a lot of question so i decided to write everything down (and not have to repeat myself everytime :) )

Anyway i dont mind writing tutorials on things i have vast knowlege about beauty being the main one :) but would be nice to have some EFD for gifts too :) ...

the reason i mentioned writing the beauty tutorial is because i seen it as one of the topics listed by 711 and i dont think anyone took that challenge :) with the prize money i could throw some serious gifts around :) or buy tons of lottery tickets and waste it all away
and it would be pretty nice if you would get EFD for it, or for a beauty tutorial too ;)

since the EFD were awarded for a contribution, what you did with the PC thread, you deserve some
so, just ask him, my vote you got

Back