FYI: EU Withdrawls- Credit where credit is due.

Rumsponge

Elite
Ben Rumsponge Rumson
Although I'm one of the first to jump on MA when they screw up, I am also more than willing to acknowledge the times when they do a good job.

A couple months ago, I started a thread asking for people's recent experience making withdralws from EU. Now that I've tried it out, I thought I'd share my experiences.

Over the past month or so, I've made 3 withdrawls for around $500 each time.

Each of them have gone from "pending" to "comitted" within 2 weeks, and the money was in my account 3 days later.

The only real problem I had was that, much like every credit union and smaller bank in the US, my CU uses an intermediary bank for overseas wire transfers. MA cannot process payments through an intermediary, so I actually had to open an account at a large national bank in order to get it to work.

All in all, I was really quite pleased, even though there appears to be a fair amount of "evaporation" as the money travels from PED card to checking account.

:thumbup:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dont withdrawl moneys from my EUs i need that moneys!!!!!1 for my lewtz!

:rolleyes:

Well at least you are happy with their prompt service. :D

Hopefully one day i can experience a withdraw.

ahh another flaw in the withdrawl system that is un advertised.

Now we have to have certain banks to do withdrawls from? The banks we use are good enough to take money from but not send money back to?

Something we all wanna consider as the population of people withdrawing as they leave the game for good grows bigger by the patch.

I have the same situation with my transfers in the UK, my bank is Nationwide however they use HSBC as an intermedary for transfers so it never worked - the isnt EU's fault though as on the infomation about transfers it does confirm that if your Bank does uses an intermediary it will not work. I have now done a withdrawl through my HSBC account and that flew through.:yay:

I have the same situation with my transfers in the UK, my bank is Nationwide however they use HSBC as an intermedary for transfers so it never worked - the isnt EU's fault though as on the infomation about transfers it does confirm that if your Bank does uses an intermediary it will not work. I have now done a withdrawl through my HSBC account and that flew through.:yay:

Nah i think its there fault, if i deposit from my checking, credit card etc. It only makes sense that I should be able to be credited (withdrawl) the same way.

Although I'm one of the first to jump on MA when they screw up, I am also more than willing to acknowledge the times when they do a good job.

A couple months ago, I started a thread asking for people's recent experience making withdralws from EU. Now that I've tried it out, I thought I'd share my experiences.

Each of them have gone from "pending" to "comitted" within 2 weeks, and the money was in my account 3 days later.

The only real problem I had was that, much like every credit union and smaller bank in the US, my CU uses an intermediary bank for overseas wire transfers. MA cannot process payments through an intermediary, so I actually had to open an account at a large national bank in order to get it to work.

All in all, I was really quite pleased, even though there appears to be a fair amount of "evaporation" as the money travels from PED card to checking account.

:thumbup:

Yeah, they do good.

Your problem with needing national bank is quite common, its just that the states know to many small institutions in banking and that those are actually used. that is alot less comon in other parts of the world.

ahh another flaw in the withdrawl system that is un advertised.

Now we have to have certain banks to do withdrawls from? The banks we use are good enough to take money from but not send money back to?

Something we all wanna consider as the population of people withdrawing as they leave the game for good grows bigger by the patch.

That is actually very logical.

If u got a account at a bank with a small balance/national only chances are they dont have the nessecary arrangements for recieving payments. The payment system is completely different since its standerdised. And even then you are not able to pay with every card to mindark and just accept the major ones.

That is your banks fault not MindArks.

Did anyone got charged those return fees if their bank transfer failed?

I'm glad my original estimate was correct. :)

Yes. I was pleasantly surprised. I was sure that at least the first one would be more complicated.

Lucky you. Mine have taken much longer.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dont withdrawl moneys from my EUs i need that moneys!!!!!1 for my lewtz!

:rolleyes:

Well at least you are happy with their prompt service. :D

Hopefully one day i can experience a withdraw.

To paraphrase an old saying, "The only sure way to get $1000 out of EU is to put $5000 in." :laugh:

Did i miss something ? Since when can we deposit from our Bank account ?
Ive always had to use a CC.

I made 1 withdrawel a year or 2 ago now.. but was for $360 USD, Me Being Canadian the Canadian dollar was under par to the US dollar at the time so i somehow managed to get exactly $360 deposited into my bank account..
totally thought they forgot to charge me the $10 fee hehe.

Got to love currency conversion sometimes...

Edit: Withdrawel was done from start to finish in 2 weeks.

I have once taken money out of Entropia it took nearly 1 month to complete the transaction.:(

I also made enquiries at my bank about making bank transfers to MA bank, costs were very high.

Will stick with CC.

Did i miss something ? Since when can we deposit from our Bank account ?
Ive always had to use a CC.

transfer from Bank account has always been possible, there's a minimum amount of $100 though. all info is on eu website, including different deposit keys for different currencies.

I have once taken money out of Entropia it took nearly 1 month to complete the transaction.:(

I also made enquiries at my bank about making bank transfers to MA bank, costs were very high.

Will stick with CC.

Direct bank transfer is definately the cheapest way for me.

But it takes up to 5 working days to be commited.
So I rather use IDeal which is acutally instant, which is also a direct banktransfer but then there are third party costs involved.

Its about 17 Euro per 450 euro deposited so close to 4%. A tad higher then CC. But I dont pay have to pay CC company or run a debt.

Banktransfer is like 2-3 euros i believe.

That is actually very logical.

If u got a account at a bank with a small balance/national only chances are they dont have the nessecary arrangements for recieving payments. The payment system is completely different since its standerdised. And even then you are not able to pay with every card to mindark and just accept the major ones.

That is your banks fault not MindArks.

err theres only 2 cards visa and master card both of which they accept;)

Back