EUWBC 2011: Draw, Results and Schedule

Thanks for the good fights Fur, April and TD :) That last match was great :yay:

We still got some TAO fighters left :D. 7. John itwasntme Remontoire (Bravo Three-Nil) v John Hawk Connor (-TAO-). Looking forward to this match up. Society comes first Rem hope you understand. Go Hawk! :)

Oh and for the public:

Great night of boxing tonight, thanks to all who showed up for a mostly improvised session :)

We have our first finalists confirmed - it will be Kiri v Gally in the Middleweights.

Should be a couple more matches at 1900 tomorrow.

We still got some TAO fighters left :D. 7. John itwasntme Remontoire (Bravo Three-Nil) v John Hawk Connor (-TAO-). Looking forward to this match up. Society comes first Rem hope you understand. Go Hawk! :)

It was a very nice and rather close match that I lost 3-2 to Hawk. Gratz Hawk! :)

If only people on Normandie's Guest List could avoid fighting between 20.00 and 20.15 !

How hard is that? Is that difficult to say "No" to Oleg, guys? :scratch2:

(for those who don't know: a load of my friends and socmates had their fights interrupted by a summons from the Normandie, mid-round. Most of these fights were unscheduled, so it's not like the fighters had already committed themselves to fighting at that time. Normandie summonses are completely predictable. I really don't get how this happened, unless it was unconscious desire to lose! :laugh: Which didn't always work. Gally and Hawk won their matches anyway! :yay:)

jay :)

Oy, don't encourage people not to fight :laugh:

If you know there's a summon coming you can always let me know so we can try to work around it though :)

Results updated plus the schedule for the weekend. I'm hoping to also fit EMW v Skalman too which would mean only the finals are left after Sunday.

Results updated plus the schedule for the weekend. I'm hoping to also fit EMW v Skalman too which would mean only the finals are left after Sunday.
I am available as per your email!

Apparently even at the semi-final stage most of you can't be bothered to show up for your fight.

Can anyone give me a good reason why I shouldn't just cancel the whole thing?

Huh. :(

Well, today was a bit bleak I think, but interest should have picked up by now. I think, and this is just my personal opinion, people haven't been as interested this year because the event wasn't sponsored by MindArk or what have you. But seriously? :scratch2: That behavior does disappoint me a bit. I've been fighting and training because I do like this kind of PvP, in a level battleground, a battle of honor and quick wits as opposed to just who has the biggest ego or PED card, or who knows the most exploits, and I would like to think more people agrees with that. I hope this event can finish as it should and that you don't have to cancel it.

Oleg, you're doing a great job. I'm sorry to hear about the way people are repaying you for the hard work you've put into managing this event. I'm sure EU is not the only thing you have to focus your time on in your day and you're not asking people for much to comply with. You've been awesome at working around my crazy schedule when you could have just kicked me out and I appreciate that. If people don't have the time, they should not sign up. If something comes up, it only takes 10 seconds to shoot you an email.

All of this you do with nothing in return. Regardless of whether or not MA will or would have sponsored a prize, I still would have entered. It's not about what you get in the end, rather, it's making new friends and challenging yourself.

Oleg, you're doing a great job....
Totally agree to all what you wrote, is EU not the least about fun anymore do you have to get X amount of ped to do something FUN?? (and I suspect all who signed up think EUWBC is fun)

Apparently even at the semi-final stage most of you can't be bothered to show up for your fight.

Can anyone give me a good reason why I shouldn't just cancel the whole thing?

no mate i will be there later on tonite, keep up the good work and keep this thing alive! :)

Great game Skalman :D

Thanks everyone for a great night of boxing tonight :) All the finalists are now decided. I will post all the details tomorrow for those that weren't there.

Last edited:
That was a fight legends are made from! :eyecrazy:

Indeed, I guess before posting all the details from tonight's matches I should say that we had an absolutely incredible Heavyweight semi-final where Skalman came back from 4-0 own against EMW to win the match 5-4 :eyecrazy:

Make sure you're there for the finals so you don't miss more drama like that!

Indeed, I guess before posting all the details from tonight's matches I should say that we had an absolutely incredible Heavyweight semi-final where Skalman came back from 4-0 own against EMW to win the match 5-4 :eyecrazy:

Make sure you're there for the finals so you don't miss more drama like that!

Damn and I missed it :(

Results etc updated on page 1.

The Heavyweight final will be on Thursday at 20:00. I'm hoping to confirm the rest later today.

Times for all the finals are confirmed, see the first page for details.

Don't forget the Heavyweight final, tonight at 20:00!

Good luck to all the finalists for saturday, I will try and at least watch one of the fights :(. Well done guys to all participants & of course to organizers for their patience and hard work. I will try watch gally in her match to support her. So gally you know what to do yes ;), take the gloves off :laugh:!

The Lightweight final has been moved to tomorrow at 19:30.

I'll have to reschedule the Heavyweight final too, more news on that when I have it.

Welterweight and Middleweight finals are tonight at 19:00 and 23:59!

GG all, thx for the event Oleg :cool:
Gratz to the winners :wtg:

Back