Event: Dung Hunt Challenge

Oleg

Mutated
Oleg Oleg McMullery
I'm not sure if this is going to work, so let's consider this a test event :)

While out hunting tonight I nearly trod in this smelly pile of dung:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I didn't pick it up as I didn't want to get too heavy, so it's still out there. I'll give 500 EFD to the person who finds it.

To prove you found it, you need to post a screenshot here of you picking up the dung. The screenshot must include a timestamp, your co-ordinates (suitably close to the co-ordinates on my picture), the text saying that you picked up the dung, and the loot window with the dung in it.

Good luck!

hay man i can find it but i dont know how to make a screen shot of it so can you pm me and show me how to do the screen shot so i can do this and show you i no where it is
thx :yay:

Sadly, it will not be there :p

Unless you pick it up then drop it.. it will disappear :p

hay man i can find it but i dont know how to make a screen shot of it so can you pm me and show me how to do the screen shot so i can do this and show you i no where it is
thx :yay:

You could download Autoscreen, or you can just hit your PrintScrn button and then paste that into MS Paint or something similar. Save that as a JPEG, then go to the Gallery section here on EF to upload it.

Hmm, well that's what I meant when I said I wasn't sure if it would work, I wasn't sure if anyone would be able to find it after I left it.

The contest remains open though, just in case :)

Don't think this will work (hope I'm wrong ;)) for 2 reasons:
  1. c'mone, you are looking for a dung pile on a planet :laugh:
  2. how can you be sure it will stay there for a long time (a day, a week, who knows)
GL for all the ppl looking for that particular dung pile out there, and prove me wrong :)

Edit: just saw the screen, there was coords in it :ahh: (forget about reason 1)

I crashed, couldn't log back in immediately.... saw this thread and then:

All your EFD are belong to me! :yay:

Muahaahhaaaa :D

Interesting that it was still there.
(And yes, i was crazy enuff, well, more out of scientific interest...)

+rep for a nice idea and a welcome change from skilling dampers.

/Edit:

Which is obviously wrong, was still there after almost half an hour!
Q.E.D.

Which is obviously wrong, was still there after almost half an hour!
Q.E.D.

Holly crap!!!!! :laugh:

Guess it will come back then... I've left a pile of crap, and came back to not find it re-appear.... Guess amybe if I stayed away longer, it would have come back? :D

Good job on finding the shit, you are the shit!!!! :D

Enough with the puns for me :)

+rep for a fun idea :D

Aha, this got me running out towards the location seeing I read it before wizzszz posted >.> (Ok, and I was really bored...)

Ended up stuck at the outpost nearby, had to swim back to PA to avoid being eaten.

Oh, and Oleg might have seen me *once* just as I died, I wasn't sure.

Excellent, it did work :)

I went back myself to see if I could see the dung, but it was gone so I thought Jak must have been right, but in fact I must have just been a bit too late.

Grats to Wizzszz, nice shit-finding :laugh:

Now I know it works I'm going to try to make a proper event out of it - I'll get back to you when I've worked it out :laugh:

Here's another one:

500 EFD up for grabs again :)

That first piece of dung was doing you a surprising amount of damage there, almost had you half dead!

Well, what happens normally is if you move out of a certain range of it, it will vanish yes. But whenever that has happened (say if I've been moving as I killed a mob when I saw it) when I've retraced my steps its always reappeared.

So seems like it could work.

The only thing I don't quite understand with the event is what is to stop someone turning up at the coordinates, dropping their own dung and then picking it up again once the chat window has scrolled a bit?

Jimmy, you cannot drop items with zero value, can you? Hence noone could "place" a fake pile.

Or am I wrong about how things work.

The only thing I don't quite understand with the event is what is to stop someone turning up at the coordinates, dropping their own dung and then picking it up again once the chat window has scrolled a bit?

Dropped dung doesnt have steam or flies :D

Jimmy, you cannot drop items with zero value, can you? Hence noone could "place" a fake pile.

Or am I wrong about how things work.

you can it just has to be really big pile :laugh:

Here's another one:

500 EFD up for grabs again :)

Damn you, was about to go to log off for the night when i ran into this!! ;)

I'm ubbah shit-finder!
(but i prefer it to be seen as "can't resist a treasure hunt") :laugh:

Didn't expect to be there though, was quite some time elapsed already...
(3hrs 30?)

If you plan to do more, just PM me the coords... ;)

Nah, post it earlier, i could need some competition!

Isn't 500 EFD a bargain to make me take shit?! :laugh:

Last edited:
I wonder if dung-fruit-stone locations are predictable and/or respawn the same as mining claims.

It is possible to create a fake dung pile - just 1000 or more.

Grats Wisszss, you are definitely the dung expert here :laugh:

That's why I included the rule about having the loot window showing. You don't get a loot window when you pick up dung that's been dropped. And as others said, you'd need to drop 1000 dung or more, which would be a bit of a giveaway :)

Another one for you

I seem to be finding more dung at the moment than ever before. Maybe Marco saw this thread and decided to help me out :D

Yeah absolutely, sorry, forgot about the new 1pec dropping rule :duh:

i just was there and picked the dung up :p but fraps wasn't on so i couldn't make a screen :hammer::hammer:

If you want to, go check the place, you won't find anything but just some allos ;)
I don't want EFD for this or anything i'm just telling that the pile of dung isn't there now :p

i just was there and picked the dung up :p but fraps wasn't on so i couldn't make a screen :hammer::hammer:

If you want to, go check the place, you won't find anything but just some allos ;)
I don't want EFD for this or anything i'm just telling that the pile of dung isn't there now :p

Oops, well maybe you can get the next one :) I need to find more dung...

Time to revive the Dung Hunt Challenge...

Find My Dung!

Just logged out. :( Good luck everyone and happy hunting! :yay:

Maybe placing the dung in a pvp zone? :evilking:

Just logged out. :( Good luck everyone and happy hunting! :yay:

Maybe placing the dung in a pvp zone? :evilking:

Hehe I'm not going into a PvP zone just to look for dung, but if you find some there, please feel free to post it :laugh:

Damn, I looked to see where those coordinates were on the map and that is waaaay way out farther than I've been yet. I'd probably get eaten in a second.

Damn, I looked to see where those coordinates were on the map and that is waaaay way out farther than I've been yet. I'd probably get eaten in a second.

It's not a dangerous area but it is a long way out if you don't have all your Eudoria TPs. If you do, however, it's only a short run :)

Hmm, perhaps I should refocus my TP efforts back onto Eudoria... They've been a bit splintered across two continents.

What a shit event.................................................. :laugh:

Back