Event: EU World Boxing Championships 2011

Status

Oleg

Mutated
Oleg Oleg McMullery
Entropian Events present

euwbc2011logo-smaller-cropped.jpg

The Entropia Universe World Boxing Championships are back!

As always, EUWBC is free to enter, and with six different competitions for various skill levels, there’s something for everyone.

Read on to find out more about the tournament and how to take part!

Individual Championships

Contestants will be divided into six Weight Classes, based on their current Health (see below). The six winners will be declared EU World Boxing Champion 2011 for their class.

To commemorate their victory, the champions will receive a personalised forum signature, specially created for them by Globex Designs, Inc.

Here’s an example of last year’s design:

heavyweight.jpg

Weight Classes

Entrants will be split into weight classes depending on their Health:

• Flyweight: Up to 110 Health
  • Lightweight: 111-130 Health
  • Welterweight: 131-150 Health
  • Middleweight: 151-180 Health
  • Heavyweight: 181-220 Health
  • Super Heavyweight: 221 Health or above

Competitors will be required to prove their current Health at a ‘weigh-in’ by taking a screenshot prior to each match, clearly showing their current Health. This screenshot must be posted here or sent to the judge privately following the match.

Super Heavyweight and Welterweight competitors are not required to provide a screenshot (except in the case of an ‘over-weight’ Welterweight player – see below). Welterweights will be scanned to determine their Health.

Players’ Health is likely to increase during the course of the tournament, so players will be allowed to play ‘over-weight’ by up to 3 Health points, as long as they start the tournament in the correct weight class. There is no penalty for being ‘under-weight’. If you think you are likely to go ‘over-weight’ by more than 3 points, you should enter the higher weight class.

Example: Cassius joins the Welterweight class and starts the tournament with 147 Health. By the semi-final he has reached 152 Health and is allowed to compete as an ‘over-weight’ player. But by the final he has 154 Health and is disqualified – he should have entered the Middleweight class!​

If there are fewer than 8 entrants in any single weight class, then the competition for that weight class will be cancelled.

Society Championship

As well as competing as individuals, fighters can also score points for their society, which will be totalled over the course of the tournament to produce the Society Championship table.

Any society with at least 3 members entering the tourmanent will be entered into the Society Championship.

Each competing member will score points as follows:

• 2 points will be awarded for each round won
  • 1 point will be deducted for each round lost
  • 1 point will be awarded for winning a match
  • 30 points will be awarded to the winner of each weight class
  • 10 points will be awarded to the runner-up in each weight class

The society with the most points will receive a custom-made virtual commemorative plaque created by Globex Designs, Inc. This is a graphic file that you can display on your society’s website, use as a sig, or upload to signs and screens within EU – it’s ideal for a 4:1 X-Lite sign.

Here’s last year’s plaque as an example (click the image to see it at full size):

Registration

Entry to this event is free! All you need to do is register on our EUWBC website. Just go to http://www.euwbc.com and enter your details. If you don’t have a society just leave that field blank.

Please note that all entrants are required to provide an e-mail address. We will be using e-mail as our primary means of communication this year. Rest assured, we won’t give your address to anyone else.

Registration is open now and will remain open until 21 September. Entries after 21 September will not be accepted.

IMPORTANT!

On 19 September we will e-mail all registered entrants to ask them to confirm that they will be taking part in the event. If we do not receive a reply by 23 September you will not be allowed to take part. If you know that you will be unable to reply to me during this time (e.g. if you will be away with no forum/e-mail access) please let us know in advance and we will discuss this with you individually.

Tournament Schedule

On 24 September the event launch party will be held, during which the first round draw will be revealed. Contestants don’t have to attend but I hope you’ll all come along and find out who your first opponent will be. Those who are not taking part in the event are of course also welcome to attend.

The first matches will be held on 1 & 2 October. We will aim to complete as many matches as possible over this weekend.

Each match will be arranged individually in order to set a time convenient for both fighters. Entrants are expected to show a reasonable amount of flexibility when arranging matches, and to maintain communication with us, responding to messages in a timely manner. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.

In short – we’ll try to be flexible and we expect you to do the same. If you take the piss, you’re out. Any competitor who fails to show up for a scheduled fight without warning or explanation may be disqualified.

Because of the ad hoc nature of the match arrangements, it’s impossible to give a more detailed schedule at this point. We hope to be able to hold the final matches on 22 October, but this is subject to change.

Match Rules and Other Details

1. The tournament follows a knockout format, with opponents decided by random draw. The draw will also determine the subsequent ties (the winner of Match A fights the winner of Match B, etc).

2. Dates and venues for matches will be announced on the forums and communicated privately to contestants. Unless specified otherwise, all matches will take place at Billy’s Spaceship Afterworld on Calypso.

3. Depending on the number of entrants in each class, some fighters may have to play an extra round, while others automatically progress to the second round. The random draw will decide which entrants will have to fight the extra matches. 2010 champions will be excluded from this draw and will therefore not have to play an extra match.

4. With the exception of the finals and semi-finals, matches consist of up to 5 rounds, each lasting 3 minutes.

5. If one player dies within 3 minutes, his opponent is awarded a win by knockout for the round. If both fighters are still alive at the end of the round, the player with the highest proportion of health remaining (as determined by the judge by looking at the player’s on-screen health bars) will be awarded a win on points.

6. Any player leaving the ring during a round will forfeit the round to their opponent.

7. The winner of the match is the first player to win 3 rounds.

8. The semi-final matches in each class will consist of up to 9 rounds of 3 minutes, with the winner being the first fighter to win 5 rounds.

9. The final matches in each class will consist of up to 15 rounds of 3 minutes, with the winner being the first fighter to win 8 rounds.

10. Armour or healing is not allowed during a round. Players may of course heal between rounds.

11. The only weapon allowed is the Castorian EnKnuckles-A (TT Powerfist), except in the Super Heavyweight class. Super Heavyweight contestants must use the Loughlin Smacker One (limited or unlimited).

12. Enhancers and mindforce buffs of any kind are strictly forbidden.

13. Excessive jumping is not allowed. If the judge feels that a contestant is jumping excessively (as a guideline, if you are jumping more than punching, that’s excessive) they will receive a warning in local chat. If the player continues to jump excessively, they will forfeit the round to their opponent.

14. Competitors are expected to show respect to their opponent and the tournament by:

• turning up to matches as arranged, on time;
  • maintaining a reasonable level of communication with the organisers so that matches can be arranged effectively;
  • demonstrating a reasonable amount of flexibility in arranging matches.

Failure to do so may result in rounds or matches being forfeited, at the discretion of the judge.

15. In case of any dispute, the judge’s decision is final. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant in the event of suspected or proven cheating or foul play.

Spectators

Spectators are welcome and encouraged to come along, cheer on their friends, and enjoy the boxing. Please stay well clear of the ring entrance while a fight is taking place. Under no circumstances should a spectator enter the ring.

Thanks…

Many thanks to our sponsor Globex Designs, Inc. for supporting this event once again by providing the prizes and other artwork. And very special thanks to those who took part in and supported the previous EUWBC tournaments – I hope you’ll be back again this time!

And finally…

If you have any questions please post them here.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL FIGHTERS!

Im in

Welterweight .. just like last year.

Bones

:lift::boxer::woot::boxer::lift:

:boxer:I'm in Welterweight this year :boxer:

Thanks in advance Oleg for giving up your life for our entertainment for 2 months :beerchug:

Subscribed!!!

Wooo can't wait to see :yay:

-Bemo-

Does having 133 health require welterweight or can i sneak in overweight lightweight class?

Does having 133 health require welterweight or can i sneak in overweight lightweight class?

The overweight rule is for people whose health increases during the tournament. You can't start the tournament overweight. So you should enter Welterweight.

Hi there :). Good to see this up again & I will compete once more!

I have now 129.2hp & since the tournament is literally a month away I may or may not enter into the welterweight division. I have the sneaky feeling I somehow will after some mission rewards if I get them in time. Question: Should I then enter as a welter weight just 2hp under the guideline?

PS: :woot: I jumped over into 3rd weight division this year :laugh:, quite the achievement :).

Yay, a free heavyweight beating for me :D

I'm in for Welterweight as I now have 13x health.

Super Heavy weight

LightWeight - still have 128HP, same as I had last year and the year before. :/

I'll sign up for this again. Should be a laugh.

Hi there :). Good to see this up again & I will compete once more!

I have now 129.2hp & since the tournament is literally a month away I may or may not enter into the welterweight division. I have the sneaky feeling I somehow will after some mission rewards if I get them in time. Question: Should I then enter as a welter weight just 2hp under the guideline?

PS: :woot: I jumped over into 3rd weight division this year :laugh:, quite the achievement :).

It is possible to enter welterweight while being 2 hp under the guideline if you think you will get more then 133 hp during the next months :)

It is possible to enter welterweight while being 2 hp under the guideline if you think you will get more then 133 hp during the next months :)
Ok thanks Rag.
I'll leave it for now & see how my hp goes up as I'm almost half way through the bronze shinkiba challenge.

Been waiting for that one, thanks Oleg!

registered :) 3rd year in a row in flyweight lol really need to get some hp

looks a good fun event i will be regestering as soon ai figure out how to screen shot.

Sign me up for middle weight

Del

Thx for ur big effort in this ewent Oleg :)
I espeically like the sig from last year ;) WD won that ;)
I will bring this good news to the rest of the family and i belive we have a good team this year to ;)
I think i stick to be a spectator my self tho hehe but maybe i join we see ;p

Well I subscribed but didn't officially register, so here it is:

Blastoise Meculus Yarlboro, Welterweight

3 is the magic number after all ;)

Well I subscribed but didn't officially register, so here it is:

Blastoise Meculus Yarlboro, Welterweight

3 is the magic number after all ;)

Check first post, there is link where you should register.

I've updated the second post with the registered entrants so far.

Some of you have posted in the thread but haven't yet regstered on the website so please make sure you do this - posting here is not enough! If you're on this list you're NOT yet registered:

• Blastoise
  • Bemo (not sure if you meant to enter or not?)
  • Corrie
  • Mark Rufen (waiting to decide about HP)
  • Remontoire
  • Cat

BlackAngels - you can enter each of the BA societies separately for the soc championships, or you can enter all the BA socs together as one team. Let me know which you want to do please.

Just registered, welterweight for me :)

sign me up please!
Mike Jinx Doe (Flyweight)

2º yr :cool:

Sign me up for heavyweight as well please! I want to beat up Jimmy B! :p :yay: :beerchug:

Edit: Signed up on site, but I know last year you didn't receive it due the ' in da'mon - just a note in case you didn't receive it again! :)

Status
Back