Event: EU World Boxing Championships 2012

Rag

Old Alpha
Society
Perseus
Thierry Rag Of Grimbergen
Entropian Events present

euwbc2012_cropped.jpg

The Entropia Universe World Boxing Championships are back!

As always, EUWBC is free to enter, and with five different competitions for various skill levels, there’s something for everyone.

Read on to find out more about the tournament and how to take part!

Individual Championships

Contestants will be divided into five Weight Classes, based on their current Health (see below). The five winners will be declared EU World Boxing Champion 2012 for their class.

To commemorate their victory, the champions will receive a personalised forum signature, specially created for them by Globex Designs, Inc.
Here’s an example of a previous year’s design:

heavyweight.jpg

Weight Classes
Entrants will be split into weight classes depending on their Health:
  • Flyweight: Up to 110 Health
  • Lightweight: 111-130 Health
  • Welterweight: 131-150 Health
  • Middleweight: 151-180 Health
  • Heavyweight: 181 Health or above

Competitors will be required to prove their current Health at a ‘weigh-in’ by taking a screenshot prior to each match, clearly showing their current Health. This screenshot must be posted here or sent to the judge privately following the match.

Welterweight competitors are not required to provide a screenshot (except in the case of an ‘over-weight’ Welterweight player – see below). Welterweights will be scanned to determine their Health.

Players’ Health is likely to increase during the course of the tournament, so players will be allowed to play ‘over-weight’ by up to 3 Health points, as long as they start the tournament in the correct weight class. There is no penalty for being ‘under-weight’. If you think you are likely to go ‘over-weight’ by more than 3 points, you should enter the higher weight class.

Example: Cassius joins the Welterweight class and starts the tournament with 147 Health. By the semi-final he has reached 152 Health and is allowed to compete as an ‘over-weight’ player. But by the final he has 154 Health and is disqualified – he should have entered the Middleweight class!

If there are fewer than 8 entrants in any single weight class, then the competition for that weight class will be cancelled.

Society Championship

As well as competing as individuals, fighters can also score points for their society, which will be totalled over the course of the tournament to produce the Society Championship table.

Any society with at least 3 members entering the tournament will be entered into the Society Championship.

Each competing member will score points as follows:
  • 2 points will be awarded for each round won
  • 1 point will be deducted for each round lost
  • 1 point will be awarded for winning a match
  • 30 points will be awarded to the winner of each weight class
  • 10 points will be awarded to the runner-up in each weight class

The society with the most points will receive a custom-made virtual commemorative plaque created by Globex Designs, Inc. This is a graphic file that you can display on your society’s website, use as a sig, or upload to signs and screens within EU – it’s ideal for a 4:1 X-Lite sign.

Here’s a previous year’s plaque as an example (click the image to see it at full size):

Registration

Entry to this event is free! All you need to do is register on our EUWBC website. Just go to http://www.euwbc.com and enter your details. If you don’t have a society just leave that field blank.

Please note that all entrants are required to provide an e-mail address. We will be using e-mail as our primary means of communication this year. Rest assured, we won’t give your address to anyone else.

Registration is open now and will remain open until 16 November. Entries after 16 November will not be accepted.

IMPORTANT!

On 14 November we will e-mail all registered entrants to ask them to confirm that they will be taking part in the event. If we do not receive a reply by 17 November you will not be allowed to take part. If you know that you will be unable to reply to us during this time (e.g. if you will be away with no forum/e-mail access) please let us know in advance and we will discuss this with you individually.

Tournament Schedule

On 18 November the event launch party will be held, during which the first round draw will be revealed. Contestants don’t have to attend but I hope you’ll all come along and find out who your first opponent will be. Those who are not taking part in the event are of course also welcome to attend.

The first matches will be held on 24 & 25 November. We will aim to complete as many matches as possible over this weekend.

Each match will be arranged individually in order to set a time convenient for both fighters. Entrants are expected to show a reasonable amount of flexibility when arranging matches, and to maintain communication with us, responding to messages in a timely manner. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.

In short – we’ll try to be flexible and we expect you to do the same. If you take the piss, you’re out. Any competitor who fails to show up for a scheduled fight without warning or explanation may be disqualified.

Because of the ad hoc nature of the match arrangements, it’s impossible to give a more detailed schedule at this point. We hope to be able to hold the final matches on 15 December, but this is subject to change.

Match Rules and Other Details

1. The tournament follows a knockout format, with opponents decided by random draw. The draw will also determine the subsequent ties (the winner of Match A fights the winner of Match B, etc).

2. Dates and venues for matches will be announced on the forums and communicated privately to contestants. Unless specified otherwise, all matches will take place at Fort Zeus on Calypso.

3. Depending on the number of entrants in each class, some fighters may have to play an extra round, while others automatically progress to the second round. The random draw will decide which entrants will have to fight the extra matches. 2011 champions will be excluded from this draw and will therefore not have to play an extra match.

4. With the exception of the finals and semi-finals, matches consist of up to 5 rounds, each lasting 3 minutes.

5. If one player dies within 3 minutes, his opponent is awarded a win by knockout for the round. If both fighters are still alive at the end of the round, the player with the highest proportion of health remaining (as determined by the judge by looking at the player’s on-screen health bars) will be awarded a win on points.

6. Any player leaving the ring during a round will forfeit the round to their opponent.

7. The winner of the match is the first player to win 3 rounds.

8. The semi-final matches in each class will consist of up to 9 rounds of 3 minutes, with the winner being the first fighter to win 5 rounds.

9. The final matches in each class will consist of up to 15 rounds of 3 minutes, with the winner being the first fighter to win 8 rounds.

10. Armor or healing is not allowed during a round. Players may of course heal between rounds.

11. The only weapon allowed is the Castorian EnKnuckles-A (TT Powerfist), except in the Heavyweight class.

Heavyweight contestants must use the Loughlin Smacker One (limited or unlimited) in case both contestants are though (more than 250 health). When both contestants are below though, they must use the Castoriant EnKnuckles-A. When one contestant is below though and one contestant above thought, the contestant with the lowest health must use the Loughlin Smacker One and the contestant with the highest health must use the Castorian EnKnuckles-A. This last case has an exception, when the difference in health between both contestants is less than 50, both contestants must use the Castoria EnKnuckles-A. For this exception to take place the contestant with health higher than 250 must request this before the match starts and the organizer must confirm this by checking screenshots taken by both participants right before the match.

12. Enhancers and mindforce buffs of any kind are strictly forbidden.

13. Excessive jumping is not allowed. If the judge feels that a contestant is jumping excessively (as a guideline, if you are jumping more than punching, that’s excessive) they will receive a warning in local chat. If the player continues to jump excessively, they will forfeit the round to their opponent.

14. Competitors are expected to show respect to their opponent and the tournament by:
  • turning up to matches as arranged, on time;
  • maintaining a reasonable level of communication with the organisers so that matches can be arranged effectively;
  • demonstrating a reasonable amount of flexibility in arranging matches.

Failure to do so may result in rounds or matches being forfeited, at the discretion of the judge.

15. In case of any dispute, the judge’s decision is final. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant in the event of suspected or proven cheating or foul play.

Spectators

Spectators are welcome and encouraged to come along, cheer on their friends, and enjoy the boxing. Please stay well clear of the ring entrance while a fight is taking place. Under no circumstances should a spectator enter the ring.

Thanks…

Many thanks to our sponsor Globex Designs, Inc. for supporting this event once again by providing the prizes and other artwork. And very special thanks to those who took part in and supported the previous EUWBC tournaments – I hope you’ll be back again this time!

And finally…

If you have any questions please post them here.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL FIGHTERS!

Last edited:
You can always check out you opponents at our website www.euwbc.com :)

Everyone is welcome to join our launch party Sunday 18 Novmber at 18:30 at Fort Zeus :yay:

Last edited:

These heavyweight matches are gonna take forever with enknucks-A

Your website is broken btw. :p

let's get ready to rumble!!!

Subscribing... i hope i will be able to participate :) - need to know if i will be avaible at that time though.

Falagor
:bandit:

I'm in...lost my teeth the first time & nose the 2nd time hence the mask...3rd times the charm! I'm ready! Let's get it ON!!!

I'll not participate this year but maybe spectate. Last year I was in Lightweight, so it's good to see I jumped 2 divisions :). Good luck to everyone else. Always fun to win vs a higher hp opponent.

will the unlimited knuckles still be prizes for winners?

Your website is broken btw. :p

What seems to be the problem with the website?

It's mostly the same as last year, which worked with little problems. But it's always possible we overlooked something :)

or 181 and 350 hp like some have :D

That's why rule 11 got a lot bigger this year ;)

Last year we put together heavy weaight and super heavy weight with these rules and there were some nice battles. Even with big hp differences the matches were close.

will the unlimited knuckles still be prizes for winners?

We will be fighting for honor and the nice designs from Globex :)

bump, registered

come one ppl, let's play, don't let us to be champions without oponents ;)

I wholeheartedly, 100 bazillion gazillion percent endorse and recommend this event ... it's highly entertaining for sure - the most perfect spectator sport, BUT ... an awesome competition to challenge if you have what it takes to go the distance ... LOVE this event BIG time. :wtg:

Oh and (shameless plug here) ... did an article on EUWBC 2012 on the front page of MSM. :yay:

I wholeheartedly, 100 bazillion gazillion percent endorse and recommend this event ... it's highly entertaining for sure - the most perfect spectator sport, BUT ... an awesome competition to challenge if you have what it takes to go the distance ... LOVE this event BIG time. :wtg:

Oh and (shameless plug here) ... did an article on EUWBC 2012 on the front page of MSM. :yay:

Thanks MS9 for the nice article :)

registered!

We only need one more to start the Welterweight competition, but we need more participants in the other weight classes :)

One more week to register your places ;)

Registered, I've been waiting for this event.
Got a wedding to go to on 24/25th Nov so hope I can get a suitable slot.

Gypsy

Hm, I should dust the old boxing gloves.. :silly2:

The Starting weekend (Nov 24/25) can be tricky for me, but should be ok for matches on Sun 25th around 17:00 - 22:00 UTC/MA

MSM will be covering the event this year with articles at the website, starting with the Launch Party, and I'm hoping that a lot more people will be registering, because it's truly a fun event and can get very intense at times ... well, a lot of times actually. :laugh:

I'd also like to do a little mini-bio on each of the contestants as a "Who's Who" to give the community an opportunity to get to know who's knocking the crap outta each other. Those registered will be getting a PM from me here at PCF requesting a little bit of info if you're up for it. I guess at that time I can learn who's in what weight class because I don't see that info listed in the posts of those registering.

Is this information I can get from you Rag?

We will also be doing live coverage over MSR of the event as we've done the last several years, only this time we have a tag team of nutbars that will be doing the commentary. We would also like to give a little more info about the contestants during broadcasting, so we're working on a pre-event "Who's Who" show to do at the Launch Party on the 18th, but will definitely be sharing fighter bio info throughout the event.

Perhaps we'll even give some of the fighters an opportunity to come on-air and do a little smack talk prior to their scheduled meet-up in the ring? I've seen that kind of chatter spur on some interesting rounds. :silly2:

Special music playlists are being prepared for both the Launch Party and the event itself. However, the event playlist will be a continuation of adrenaline-pumping sounds to inspire going the distance.

We wish everyone the best, and see you at the Launch Party. :yay:

Registered, I've been waiting for this event.
Got a wedding to go to on 24/25th Nov so hope I can get a suitable slot.

Gypsy

Hm, I should dust the old boxing gloves.. :silly2:

The Starting weekend (Nov 24/25) can be tricky for me, but should be ok for matches on Sun 25th around 17:00 - 22:00 UTC/MA

There will be a lot of slots during that weekend, but you don't have to be available the whole weekend to take part ofc. We always try to get a slot suitable for both fighters each round so that should work out :)

MSM will be covering the event this year with articles at the website, starting with the Launch Party, and I'm hoping that a lot more people will be registering, because it's truly a fun event and can get very intense at times ... well, a lot of times actually. :laugh:

I'd also like to do a little mini-bio on each of the contestants as a "Who's Who" to give the community an opportunity to get to know who's knocking the crap outta each other. Those registered will be getting a PM from me here at PCF requesting a little bit of info if you're up for it. I guess at that time I can learn who's in what weight class because I don't see that info listed in the posts of those registering.

Is this information I can get from you Rag?

We will also be doing live coverage over MSR of the event as we've done the last several years, only this time we have a tag team of nutbars that will be doing the commentary. We would also like to give a little more info about the contestants during broadcasting, so we're working on a pre-event "Who's Who" show to do at the Launch Party on the 18th, but will definitely be sharing fighter bio info throughout the event.

Perhaps we'll even give some of the fighters an opportunity to come on-air and do a little smack talk prior to their scheduled meet-up in the ring? I've seen that kind of chatter spur on some interesting rounds. :silly2:

Special music playlists are being prepared for both the Launch Party and the event itself. However, the event playlist will be a continuation of adrenaline-pumping sounds to inspire going the distance.

We wish everyone the best, and see you at the Launch Party. :yay:

The info about who is fighting is available at the euwbc webiste, there is a link Participants, if you follow that you will see the list of registered participants for each weight class :) I'll add an extra link at this topic.

I'm happy MSR will be around again for our matches, that always makes it more fun. For the bio it's indeed best if you try to contact the participants so everyone can decide how much they want to share :)

Back