- Aug 15, 2006
- Leeds, UK
- Avatar Name
- Oleg Oleg McMullery
Entropian Events and Qetesh present
The Battle for Power
The Battle for Power
It's a new month and time to continue the Battle for Power - 13 government places are available to be won, with a share of the taxes as a reward!
The competition takes place on Outback Land Area 29, Longu Kingdom. This area is to the northwest of Bilton Towers TP or south of Emerald Lakes. The mobs spawning here are mid-level Longus (mainly Guardian-Alpha).
This Month's Government
Dorlune Dor Themage
Alex Zhulkov Zhulkov
Moraine Lynn Troskald
Romi impi Tinkels
We Are Having Fun Now
Angelina F1r3 Blade
Roy Roy Tyrell
Stefan 008 Bond
Rhagnar Rhag Thormilium
Cozmoz CD Deluex
Alex Lan Mojave
Next month's government will be chosen at the end of June. The new government will receive 33% of the total profit from the land area over the following month.
The government consists of a Magistrate, two Knights and ten Council Members. The 13 members of the government share 33% of the profit earned from OLA-29 during the month in which they hold power.
The Magistrate will automatically get a fixed 8% of the total profit. The Knights will get 2.5% each. The Council Members will get 1% each. The remaining 10% will then be split amongst all the members of the government in proportion to their points for the month. For example, if the members of the government have 1000 points in total and you have 200 points, you would get 20% of the 10%, so 2% (in addition to the minimum) of the total profit.
Government Titles to Claim
- Magistrate (1): 8% share
- Knights (2): 2.5% share
- Council Members (10): 1% share
How to Gain Power
You must prove yourself worthy of a seat on the government by scoring globals or HoFs on OLA-29 and posting them in this thread.
Points scored are equal to the PED value of the global or HoF, up to a maximum of 400 points for each one. So, for example, a 62 PED global scores 62 points, and a 1341 PED HoF scores 400 points.
Only your 8 highest globals/HoFs will count towards your final score. However, for the purposes of calculating the additional tax share, all globals count towards your total, not just the Top 8. So even if a global doesn’t improve your score, you should still post it in order to increase your share of the tax.
At the end of the month, the player with the highest score becomes the new Magistrate, the next two highest scorers become Knights, and those in positions 4-13 become Council Members.
At the start of each month everyone's score is reset to zero and the Battle for Power begins all over again.
Both hunting and mining globals can be posted, but no more than 4 of your top 8 globals can be from mining, and there is a cap of 300 points. So, for example, a 365 PED mining HoF scores 300 points.
Teams and solo hunters can take part in the contest. A team must have the same name throughout the entire event, and screenshots must be posted by the same person each time.
You may play as a solo competitor and also host or be part of a team, but your solo and team scores will be separate and can not be added to make a single larger total.
Should you happen to meet a government member on the land area with a status higher than your own, you can gain 2 bonus points by typing in the chat box "Hail, Your Greatness!", clearly identifying the person, and taking a screenshot.
The person you hail will also gain 1 point for allowing one of their subjects to speak to them
Bonus points are in addition to the points scored from your top 8 globals.
Each week a 50 PED prize will be awarded to the competitor with the most points scored during that week (top 8 globals plus bonus points). The dates for this will be:
- Week 1: June 1st - 9th
- Week 2: June 10th - 16th
- Week 3: June 17th - 23rd
- Week 4: June 24th - 30th
Meetings will be held every month for government members to collect their share of the taxes or additional prizes. The rewards will be given out by Qetesh at Nea's Place TP.
This month’s meetings:
- Tuesday 8 June, 2000 EU time
- Saturday 12 June, 2100 EU time
1. Screenshots must be posted within 48 hours of the time shown in the chat window. During the last 24 hours of the month, no screenshots older than 2 hours will be accepted (note that this also means that a global scored at, for example, 23:12 on the second-last day must also be posted within 2 hours).
2. To be valid, all screenshots must clearly show the global or hail message, the location and the time in your chat window, the name of your avatar or team and a map confirming your position inside the land area.
3. Please do not edit your posts! If you have something to add, make a new post. Edited posts may be disallowed.
4. Globals are only valid if scored within the boundaries of OLA-29. Globals on creatures not spawned by the DNA will not count.
5. When you hail a person for bonus points, you may not hail that person again within 24 hours.
6. If a team holds a place on the government, it is not possible to score bonus points by hailing a member of the team, and teams can not score bonus points by hailing others.
7. Tax shares will be paid to the government members, or in the case of teams, to the person who posted their screenshots. If you need someone else to collect your share for you, please tell Oleg or Qetesh in advance. If you are unable to attend any of the prize meetings, please contact Qetesh to make alternative arrangements.
8. In the event that there are not enough competitors to fill the 13 places in the government, these positions will stand empty for the month and their portions of the tax will be divided equally amongst the members of the government.
9. The judge of this competition is Oleg Oleg McMullery. In the event of any dispute, Oleg’s decision is final.
10. We reserve the right to disallow any entries in the case of suspected PhotoShopping or other foul play.
Best of luck to all that participate!
Last month's competition: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/events/187222-event-battle-power-may-2010-a.html