Event: Top Gun of Space PvP

kobar

Guardian
Society
Antipodean Army
kobar kobar bar
(easier to read version and signups moved to thread link below )
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...080-Space-Event-Sign-up&p=2887358#post2887358

New Event will prove who is
Top-Gun in Space PvP
attachment.php

Who will be ......
The Greatest Space PvP’er in Entropia Universe

Lets do it!!!

OK, open to suggestions on how it should be formatted and rules.

Will need sponsors for awards. Say something If you want to sponsor award(s) so I list who sponsoring what in this thread.

No date set as of yet but as soon as we get a good format and some solid rules.
Lets hear your suggestions :)
STILL LOKING FOR MORE ENTRIES TO HAVE THE EVENT

Sponsors:
Name Award Value
  1. Kobar Kobar Bar - PEDS - 100 peds

Competitors List:
  1. Floyd Stagger Stash - Quad
  2. New York Rose - ?
  3. Rilko Relax Borega - ?
  4. Darcy Aeris Wood - Quad & VTOL
Rules

Crews must be matched

Space vehicles must match

No Armour

No outside assistance during fights, monitored by Officials.

Divisions for:
(L) Vtol
(L) Quad
(UL) Privateer
(UL) Mothership
if there is enough interest>
(UL) Vtol/Quad

Competitors begin either facing each just off safe station in lootable zone.

Round begins start the fight on the Officials signal / countdown or word “Go”

Event Format

A. DOUBLE ELIMINATION TOURNAMENT – Each participant must lose two games before being eliminated. (Sample Double Elimination Tournament)

Advantages
  • Two games guaranteed
  • Team/Player can lose one game and still win tournament
  • Requires few facilities
  • Seeding is not important
Disadvantages
  • It takes longer to finish
  • Some players play more games
  • Does not maximize use of multiple playing facilities
Best Use
When time and facilities are limited
When final standings are important

Winners move out to the right of the bracket. Losers move to the bracket below the winners bracket (L1-L11).
There is a “crossover” that takes place when losers of the quarterfinals move to the losers' bracket. Follow the bracket template. This allows the player/teams to play a different team. However in the final rounds of the losers’ bracket players/teams will likely play a team twice.

To decide who fights who:
Blind Draw or Seeded - What is the difference between "Blind Draw" and "Seeded"?
Unlike Blind Draw Tournaments, Seeded Tournaments are set up so that the results of a season or league, and even experience or skill level determines which teams would play against each other in the tournament. The number one ranked team players the lowest ranked seed, the number two ranked team plays the second lowest ranked seed and so on.

Have a first, second, and third place award.
Say 1st would get 50% of the entries fees and 2nd would get 20% and 3rd 10%. The other 20% goes to the promoter for their efforts.

B. Suppose u could have a high and low stakes categories which might make it more doable for those not wishing to risk high stakes
categoty I - max 10 ped wagers, winner take all, option to move up catagory II
category II - max 500 ped wagers, winner takes all, option to move up catagory III
category III - no max wagers, winner takes all
*Winners from category I and II could choose to take their winning and level up to a top tier category if they wish.

C. Last man standing - Turn everyone loose and the last person standing wins.

Possible flaws/issues and suggested solutions
A. Two quads, for instance, going toe-to-toe, both with low SI, when someone else turns up with full SI, kills the participants and makes off with all the loot. And its not something that can be policed as MA will just say that everyone is fair game in space.
Possible Solution -
1. Both players hand the prize purse to a trusted 3rd party with screen shots beforehand. Winner collects after the fight.

B. Trouble makers (neglected kids looking for attn)
Possible Solution -
1. Added security measure could be to have two buffed privateers with gunner crew above and one bellow the competitors to cover blind sides. Quad officials for back up.
2. Get all competitors and spectators (excluding known idiots ) into a MS and warp to a diff location every time and have the fight there. If you cant beat trouble makers, u can damn sure make it harder for them to keep up.
So who is paying for the warp flights?

C. The Time-Out
Possible solution -
1. Could be used as an advantage when close to loosing round and having a friend cause interference to reset/repair.

Posts from thread
First PVP event with commentators?
elRs-y2fPxrjY6q1kQNUz_DuqEnJ4s5OVeJVF0ZYoS1w58qwzvV0AfygqSpIrpX3wO93f_CeXLtl9v0EJ540ZPTfhhvdarrgclCtcN1tKCRB9MnFm4Q

Are u volunteering :)
Would be nice if we were all connected through Teamspeak/Skype at least.

Anyway, who would decide who fights who? What's to prevent people from just walking away from the event once they won few fights and just keeping the loot?
Maybe can pair people with others bye there lvl of space pilot skills, other wise we can draw from a hat :p

One more bit of advise, don't use loot as your wager use peds. It's safer and if you going to be handing it off to a third party anyways shouldn't be an issue.
Using peds would be allot easier and safer for the official holding too

Competitors must face each other in lootable just off safe station and start the fight on the SMC's Go ! Not before.
Referee's /Offical watch for false starts

Ideally events of this nature should take place away from laggy stations such as Caly.....Anyhow....leave your thoughts.
Lag could be an issue so that's a good idea.
A crowd would also cause lag too. would it take fun out if event was live streamed?

I think if just the comentator/judge (Kobar) holds the prize winnings it would expidite the payout process to the three top finalists. I can vouch for Kobar though, she is a very good person and won't run off with your stuff peds!
I think there should be a few designated referees/judges but yea winners should go to one person for the awards.

When i suggested the original idea it was that categories 1/2/3 are not dependent on ship class.
In other words u could do a cat 2 or cat 3 fight with higher wagers in Vtols also, so long as the gear matches.
And with the low prices of vtols, this ship class would be easiest to get into the event with, yet still have opportunity for cat 2 or 3 wager fights so long as u find or are given matched opponents.

Last edited:
maybe hold a sleip category and a quad category? otherwise people with sleip would get massacred

Some pointers for space fights here ^v^

First PVP event with commentators? :D Commentators sit in gunner seats so they can see the action upfront? Just an idea..

I and some of my crew will be present at the time of event,
and can assure people that Nebula Virus shall not try to compremise the event in any way.

Added security measure could be to have two buffed privateers with gunner crew above and one bellow the competitors to cover blind sides. Quad officials for back up.......

Or

Get all competitors and spectators (excluding known idiots ) into a MS and warp to a diff location every time and have the fight there. If you cant beat trouble makers, u can damn sure make it harder for them to keep up ;)

I would like so see this as a tournament style competition with brackets and a double elimination system.

Have a first, second, and third place award.

Say 1st would get 50% of the entries fees and 2nd would get 20% and 3rd 10%. The other 20% goes to the promoter for their efforts.

Do not do Entry fees !! ---- Charging entry fees is not a good idea for a lootable space event in the current climate.

Their entry fee is the pot they fight for...ie...fighter comes up for a cat 1 fight, with 10 ped or cat 2 fight with 100ped low MU stackables.....Hands it to an official (incase he gets unfairly looted by an assailant ). The challenger matches or negotiates the wager up or down and hands his over to the official also.

Now everyone knows the loot is there and they head out of the station and just outside safe...etc

ie, let ppl bring up what they are willing to wager and take a small % from each winning fights purse only...maybe

Contestants should have the ability to double their money per fight...this is the whole idea...the titles at the end is just a bonus....as they watch their winnings fluctuate or grow.

The idea is to create an event with a sense of achievement beyond just having won a fight or a prise at the end. It must be a story, an adventure, competitors should feel as if they are on a journey .... and ofc for other just a fun once off ^^

I said it before but ill say it here again

Cat 1 = 10ped max wagers per contestant...winner take all...Contestant can Level up to Cat 2 or 3

Cat 2 = 500ped max wagers per contestant......winner takes all.....Contestant can Level up to Cat 2 or 3

Cat 3 = no max wagers per contestants......winner takes all

Ultimate Prise fighter titles to all series winners per their category, perhaps ending with a winners circle fight out to decide on just one winner on a set "affordable" wager

If you absolutely insist on making at least a little something back then maybe a small % of the winnings per fight to event organizer.

Last edited:
It must be a story, an adventure, competitors should feel as if they are on a journey

What are you smoking LOL.....it's a competition....the only story being told is the 15 clicks of my mouse and then an explosion.

Any way, who would decide who fights who? What's to prevent people from just walking away from the event once they won few fights and just keeping the loot?

Yay Kobar!!

Please count me in Kobar!! When you guys get all the details worked out let me know, I think this sounds like alot of Fun!..:wtg: Let Me Know...I'm In!! :D

Name: New York Rose :cool:

One more bit of advise, don't use loot as your wager use peds. It's safer and if you going to be handing it off to a third party anyways shouldn't be an issue.

updated first post

cool event, bump bump bump

Double elimination system:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-elimination_tournament

I can run the brackets for you if you need me to.

Basically in a double elimination tournament you have to lose twice before your eliminated from the tournament. You have a winners bracket and a losers brackets and you work through the bracket until everyone but one person has lost twice. You end up with a bracket showing where each person finished and can easily award 1st 2nd and 3rd place or even more places depending on how far down the bracket you want to award people. This system would require an entry fee for the prize money. When each person pays the entry fee they are randomly assigned a number and then placed into a starting position in the bracket.

Double elimination system:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-elimination_tournament

I can run the brackets for you if you need me to.

Basically in a double elimination tournament you have to lose twice before your eliminated from the tournament. You have a winners bracket and a losers brackets and you work through the bracket until everyone but one person has lost twice. You end up with a bracket showing where each person finished and can easily award 1st 2nd and 3rd place or even more places depending on how far down the bracket you want to award people. This system would require an entry fee for the prize money. When each person pays the entry fee they are randomly assigned a number and then placed into a starting position in the bracket.

Kobar, this option would work the best if you are unable to obtain any sponsors for the event. Three place prizes is enough for this sized event but you might want to limit it to two bracets of 15 people (depending on entries). I think live streaming would be best for this sort of event to keep the lag down since the space servers tend to be shaky. With the recent "stuck in space bug" it would be very uneasy for people if they got stuck in space due to lag/extra people in the space.

I think if just the comentator/judge (Kobar) holds the prize winnings it would expidite the payout process to the three top finalists. I can vouch for Kobar though, she is a very good person and won't run off with your stuff peds! :)

~Danimal

wish you luck.

many rules can easily be broken.
on a LA the most important rules can be set.

i tried to organize , Omegaton's Car Rodeo, held it some times and it worked out well with rules and winner V losers.
still i could not get any animo for it.
winners prize was 300 ped
but most ppl are or where to scared to get thier vehicles damaged and the TT value of thier vehicle to get lower.
TT drops really hard in space on vehicles i noticed.
so i honnestly don't think it will become big.

but i sure hope you get it done and that it will become a succes.

subscribing to this thread ...........:silly2:

wish you luck.

many rules can easily be broken.
on a LA the most important rules can be set.

i tried to organize , Omegaton's Car Rodeo, held it some times and it worked out well with rules and winner V losers.
still i could not get any animo for it.
winners prize was 300 ped
but most ppl are or where to scared to get thier vehicles damaged and the TT value of thier vehicle to get lower.
TT drops really hard in space on vehicles i noticed.
so i honnestly don't think it will become big.

but i sure hope you get it done and that it will become a succes.

subscribing to this thread ...........:silly2:

Isn't it only like 30peds for a quad? So... I don't really see an issue with not having any space vehicles availible for use. After all that is ONLY $3.00USD ... I think it would be worth it to enter and get it blown up to win a nice prize :) You can EASILY get another one if the TT of it is 0, from the auction! :)

I'd consider entering into this sort of event if I was more cordinated, but I know I am not and will loose! :D

~Danimal

Last edited:
Isn't it only like 30peds for a quad? So... I don't really see an issue with not having any space vehicles availible for use. After all that is ONLY $3.00USD ... I think it would be worth it to enter and get it blown up to win a nice prize :) You can EASILY get another one if the TT of it is 0 from the auction! :)

I'd consider entering into this sort of event if I was more cordinated, but I know I am not and will loose! :D

~Danimal

don't know for sure but i think im not really getting what your saying here ?

30 ped for a quad ? don't know but a quad is more expansive then that as far i know still in high +TT
and easily get another one that has 0 TT ? wouldn't that mean that its broken and not possible to use ?

non the less it doesn't matter what the price of the vehicle is.
the event that i was trying to do was the buggy's only event, valkyrie mk1 sort , no matter how cheap still no animo to find.

but this was of topic so , now on topic.
lets see EU who the best is in space...........

I want to do this also!
However I am pretty sure that I can't get to 1st place since Stagger and probably other skilled people join this event.

When i suggested the original idea it was that categories 1/2/3 are not dependent on ship class.

In other words u could do a cat 2 or cat 3 fight with higher wagers in Vtols also, so long as the gear matches.

And with the low prices of vtols, this ship class would be easiest to get into the event with, yet still have opportunity for cat 2 or 3 wager fights so long as u find or are given matched opponents.

bump for cool event

Ok I think for this event we will go with the double elimination tournament format. More details below. If everyone is cool we can do a blind hat to deside who fight who unless someone has a method to use the seeding method.

DOUBLE ELIMINATION TOURNAMENT
– Each participant must lose two games before being eliminated.

Advantages
  • Two games guaranteed
  • Team/Player can lose one game and still win tournament
  • Requires few facilities
  • Seeding is not important
Disadvantages
  • It takes longer to finish
  • Some players play more games
  • Does not maximize use of multiple playing facilities
Best Use
When time and facilities are limited
When final standings are important

Winners move out to the right of the bracket. Losers move to the bracket below the winners bracket (L1-L11).
There is a “crossover” that takes place when losers of the quarterfinals move to the losers' bracket. Follow the bracket template. This allows the player/teams to play a different team. However in the final rounds of the losers’ bracket players/teams will likely play a team twice.

To decide who fights who:
Blind Draw or Seeded - What is the difference between "Blind Draw" and "Seeded"?
Unlike Blind Draw Tournaments, Seeded Tournaments are set up so that the results of a season or league, and even experience or skill level determines which teams would play against each other in the tournament. The number one ranked team players the lowest ranked seed, the number two ranked team plays the second lowest ranked seed and so on.

Do we have any sponsors out there or are we going to have to charge an entry fee.

bump for this event!
there's hardly any events in space, let's make this a fun entry to join.!

updated first post bump

give me ur full name is ya intrested in particapating

Ill start off being first to offer sponsorship
100 peds

Need more entries bump

I'm in L Quad, and VTOL mk1 L, if I can enter both! otherwise just the quad battles is fine.

Back