EverQuest Next announced. Is it a serious contender?

Ender409

Mature
Society
Freelancer
Rade Ender Stanton
Apparently SOE has been quite busy behind the scenes as of late. Others may have heard about EverQuest Next already but I just found out about it today. Their announcement videos are on YouTube at this link link.e-sonyonline.com/u.d?MYGsXgEfJwStz3_Rjn12V=1831 which I watched and was quite frankly impressed with them.
The only thing that really stuck in my craw was when the guy stated EQ Next was going to be the first game you could make real cash from in-game. I was like "Uhh... EU?? WTF??"
The direction they're going in looks quite exciting, and I can't help but wonder if MA could take some of these ideas and implement them in our universe. I've seen posts in this forum in the past from people (can't remember who atm, sorry) saying that the world should be destructible and constructable, well it looks like someone is finally doing that, just not here.

I am watching it now. EQ was a cool game so so long ago. Good memories! I have made many more good memories and great friends right here in Entropia.

:cowboy:

I think some in management at MA should head to their site and have
a look how they handle development... they might get a good hint
to how future could be for more developers than just SOE.

So far it looks like the mmo i have wanted to make for the last 15 years so i think it will be good :D

Perhaps MA might aquire EQ and we can all be happy.
Tons of bullshit...dreamin cheers!

Perhaps MA might aquire EQ and we can all be happy.
Tons of bullshit...dreamin cheers!

LOL, I was thinking maybe the other way around :)

Multiclassing (DDO style/GW professions)
Voxel/Destructive Terrain (Planet Explorers)
(Supposedly) Adaptive AI
Dynamic Events/Permachanges (GW2)
Tiered Procedural Terrain (Minecraft)

EQN:Landmark :
-- Player Created Content Areas
-- Player Claimed Lands
-- Ability to SELL for (Station?) Cash anything created to other players.
-- Possibility to have landmarks/content incorporated within actual EQ:Next if popular.

I am looking forward to this! :) But knowing SOE.... :rolleyes:

Back