Evil amp misstake :((

There's a lot of good people in this thread...in this game. The problem is the ones that aren't. RL generally functions fine because of accountability (Madoff's, murderers, rapists, and Monsanto notwithstanding) The problem with creating a virtual world is there is little to no accountability to individuals for their actions.

I would rather play in a world that did background checks, that made player identities public, that made sure you could afford to play and wouldn't beg or scam, that made everyone accountable. I have nothing to hide, it wouldn't bother me in the least.

Generally, then only the good and trustworthy of us would play, and problems like this would be much more rare. Virtual lives are NO PLACE to engage in daily activity that a RL human would do, (lending, trading, trusting, etc) because there is no accountability. The number one thing holding back an RCE is FEAR by a player of depositing into an unknown world! End this bullshit!

Give me a RCE where people are held accountable, and I will be the first one to sign up. The only one I know of is RL, and I already signed up for that.

Quit calling them "virtual worlds" like is similar to "real world", just a new computer version...it's not. Call it what it is: "virtual existence with no justice, numerous restrictions and a lack of moral decency".

One of the basic fundamentals of our existence is our system to correct and compensate those that have been wronged, and to be subjected to our peers notions of right and wrong. I can recover money owed to me. I can be charged if I harm someone or steal from someone. Because I am KNOWN. A world of slime-balls hiding behind avatars looks less and less attractive every day.

Start holding people accountable, MA, or someone else is going to design a virtual world with an RCE that does.

Start holding people accountable, MA, or someone else is going to design a virtual world with an RCE that does.

MA does not have executive powers and is no court of law, so how can they hold ppl accountable?

All they can do is to cooperate, if you manage to initiate an official investigation or can show you are entitled to know anothers player's identity.

MA does not have executive powers and is no court of law, so how can they hold ppl accountable?

All they can do is to cooperate, if you manage to initiate an official investigation or can show you are entitled to know anothers player's identity.

Hmmm let's see, they can do it the same way they have done before with MS's, they can reverse trades, and they can ban. So yes they can hold accountable. They can also improve the safety in the system. But Only THEY can do it. The problem is, at this point, they are doing it arbitrarily.

Here's an idea:

There needs to be a judicial branch that oversees disputes. Made of of elected players and employees. They would convene in some huge abandoned building by a tp no one goes to anymore. The Eula could have a mandatory arbitration provision. Disputes could be settled there, and parties in question forced to cooperate or be locked. Equity would be had by all. MA would simply be handed a judicial order, and in this case, for example, be required to remove the amp from one player and return it to another. Next case.

Shit...then people would start getting paid off. Dual-party systems would emerge. War would ensue. Class systems, and I.D.'s. Proletariat work farms. Nvm. Bad idea.

Ok, instead MA should just review the chat logs, and the parties post-transaction statements, and make an equitable determination. That's not too hard.

I definitely understand your point here. Wish I could think of a good solution, but have not found any.

In my view the effort you have to put into a RL investigation or a civil suit is simply too much and the results are unpredictable.

As for MA, I do not think they have the staff to do thorough reviews and investigations all the time besides the ones they are doing already. And I doubt they would succeed in pleasing all players with their decisions.

Probably the best approach would be to eliminate the possibilities for costly mistakes and scams as far as possible.

I definitely understand your point here. Wish I could think of a good solution, but have not found any.

In my view the effort you have to put into a RL investigation or a civil suit is simply too much and the results are unpredictable.

As for MA, I do not think they have the staff to do thorough reviews and investigations all the time besides the ones they are doing already. And I doubt they would succeed in pleasing all players with their decisions.

Probably the best approach would be to eliminate the possibilities for costly mistakes and scams as far as possible.

That's true, the 2 easiest things are item lock, and a feature that makes trades or accidental low buy/out listings, or absurdly high buy/out's themselves, reversible for 24 hours IF they are grossly disproportionate in tt+mu offered by each of the 2 parties. Should be pretty easy to do. (If OfferX TT + MU is > or < 75% of OfferY TT + MU, then 24 hour timer starts for trade reversal and during this time, the items are locked, unusable, and no-trade.)

Anyhow, I want to keep this thread up on top, until the item is sold, so as many people know whats going on as possible or to help it get noticed by someone at MA (yes I am naive). I would have kicked in a few hundred ped too, but I see that thread got locked, and I understand Lazz's pride :) But if it does sell I still hope to be some part of an equitable solution, and am curious as to how this will turn out :)

Last edited:
I'm still wondering, if it is really complicated to add some feature that allows you to mark an item as 'loaned'. If you are the owner, you can trade it, but no one else can. Maybe with an added retrieve option.

Anyhow, I want to keep this thread up on top, until the item is sold, so as many people know whats going on as possible or to help it get noticed by someone at MA (yes I am naive). I would have kicked in a few hundred ped too, but I see that thread got locked, and I understand Lazz's pride :) But if it does sell I still hope to be some part of an equitable solution, and am curious as to how this will turn out :)

Well, at least you got the current highest bidder's attention :)

Last edited:
Use BO before someone else does and pay for your mistake.:eyecrazy:
I would prefer to give Wildman 4k peds then Anna 1k peds ;) just saying

Indeed, i wont bid it anymore. Hope u get it back.
Thx m8 :)

Then why doesn't the OP or his friends get their mum or someone in their family that don't play to create an ava called "PLS-DONT-BID-STOLEN ITEM". Or "PLS-DONT-BID-SEE PCF"

Then tell us in forum that the above "new ava" bid in genuine.

Rick
Its a idea yea but to me its to much hassle and i would prefer that Anna didnt get a pec for it ;)

Seems Steve Punisher graham has high bid now, also Imperious bid on it once.

Ok thx m8 :)

Dear Lazz,

Work 2 days, deposit some money into the game, buy your friend a new amp and get over it.
Its your own fault, pay more attention next time. I bet 50% of all sweating newbees with less then 10 ped on their card would run away with your amp. Guess i would have done the same when i was new. There is a dark side in all of us, we are humans.

This is the top bidder atm.

Infinity, noted KOS order received!

Sadly there is always a greedy reseller who doesn'T care about others and just has his own profit in mind. Seems i got a new entry in my personal list. Not that he would care anyway.

Sadly there is always a greedy reseller who doesn'T care about others and just has his own profit in mind. Seems i got a new entry in my personal list. Not that he would care anyway.

Infinity won't profit at all, I have a buyer set up to help Lazz save money as soon as I say hit it. We just trying to keep it low so Anna don't profit much more. Another evil amp on sale with less BO 5 days offered and more will come in 4 days undercutting each other.

Sharp knife top bid he is with us.

Indeed..

nb, not long time ago i bought a bp for 2670ped. 1 of the ingredients stopped dropping. I sold the bp for 1k ped. Thats a loss of 1670 ped. Its not an evil amp, but its loss. It was part my own fault and maybe part mindarks fault for not taking care of next islands loot. But i life with it and move on. I think this thread goes much too far, naming bidders etc here. But i will bid on, like i do more with ending auction items, and i am sure i wont be the only 1 ;)
Call me what ever you want, i dont care, i dont have emotions with this game or you guys :wtg:

Last edited:
Indeed..

nb, not long time ago i bought a bp for 2670ped. 1 of the ingredients stopped dropping. I sold the bp for 1k ped. Thats a loss of 1670 ped. Its not an evil amp, but its loss. It was part my own fault and maybe part mindarks fault for not taking care of next islands loot. But i life with it and move on. I think this thread goes much too far, naming bidders etc here. But i will bid on, like i do more with ending auction items, and i am sure i wont be the only 1 ;)
Call me what ever you want, i dont care, i dont have emotions with this game or you guys :wtg:
Just like Multianna you are greatly underestimating reputation around here. One example is you relying on others to buy your stuff, you will be having a lot less potential buyers when they see the seller's name. Bigger problem for you than Multianna I guess since you are more active.

Also, good for you that you already found a nice soc; Question: Looking for a nice soc. That's just another thing that would be harder by now.

Last edited:
Indeed..

The problem is not being a trader or a reseller. I know some who do this offering a usefull service to their customers. However they act within commonly accepted ethical borders hence their reputation does not suffer from being a reseller / trader.

Well as we can see that does not apply to you...

Indeed..

I feel for u.

Just like Multianna you are greatly underestimating reputation around here. One example is you relying on others to buy your stuff, you will be having a lot less potential buyers when they see the seller's name. Bigger problem for you than Multianna I guess since you are more active.

Also, good for you that you already found a nice soc; Question: Looking for a nice soc. That's just another thing that would be harder by now.
I belive u are right ;)

The problem is not being a trader or a reseller. I know some who do this offering a usefull service to their customers. However they act within commonly accepted ethical borders hence their reputation does not suffer from being a reseller / trader.

Well as we can see that does not apply to you...
I agree :)

Indeed..

Just seen your bid on auction. <removed> Knowingly bidding on something so highly questionable for your own personal profit. I could carry on swearing and cursing but its pointless<removed>.

No respect

Angel

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed..

Your are worse than the one selling the amp!

<removed> :duh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed.. .... i dont care, i dont have emotions with this game or you guys
but we might have emotions with ur kind... allright, apparently u had to poke this nest of wasps, now pray Killahbee won't spoil ur party! :laugh:

sorry for your loss.
it will cost you a few hundred bucks , but hey.
u'll survive.

i just got a fine 6500 GBP pounds so like 10000 US dollar.
life is a bitch , just live it.

with all the name calling and such what i read in this thread , moderators should of closed it.

btw i wont be bidding if i know a item was stolen.
but this thread is going a tid bit to far don't you think.

why should moderator close it ? whats wrong with calling out those who have no dignity ?
this forum is like a holy place or something ? you cant mention scammers , like the forum protects them .
the other thread got locked to about Headschot , so average people have no chance to find out the truth .

The attitudes of some of the people in this thread makes me very sad .
I could introduce all sorts of analogies to describe my feelings but really whats the point .

One thing is for sure though , karma can be a bitch, watch out when it bites you in the ass.:wtg:

sorry for your loss.
it will cost you a few hundred bucks , but hey.
u'll survive.

i just got a fine 6500 GBP pounds so like 10000 US dollar.
life is a bitch , just live it.

with all the name calling and such what i read in this thread , moderators should of closed it.

btw i wont be bidding if i know a item was stolen.
but this thread is going a tid bit to far don't you think.
WTF have you been doing???

Indeed..

If a couple of hundred bucks is worth more than his reputation, then this guys RL probably sucks, too. I take comfort in knowing this. I would love to see your house, Infinity, or spend a day watching you do nothing with your life. Can you stream it?

Indeed..

Ruining your already low reputation for probably just few hundred ped?
I think you deserve -rep as much as Multianna

Indeed..

we dont care for u either i wont buy anything from u i hope u quit evil....amp

why should moderator close it ? whats wrong with calling out those who have no dignity ?
this forum is like a holy place or something ? you cant mention scammers , like the forum protects them .
the other thread got locked to about Headschot , so average people have no chance to find out the truth .

The one who stole it yes , she/he know's he has it on a f'ed up way.
And NOT any problems at all with that person being burned , but you can't expect that no one will bid on it when it's in auction.
There is no reason to start calling eachother names on a forum, and certainly it's not really yours to say if someone may or may not bid on it.
it's a sour thing that has happened but life goes on.
just keep in mind not every person ingame reads this forum , there may be people ingame that have no idea what happend and bid on it ... then calling all the people who made a bid on it names and such and harm their names is not really fair to those people.

wouldn't you agree about that ?

The attitudes of some of the people in this thread makes me very sad .
I could introduce all sorts of analogies to describe my feelings but really whats the point .

One thing is for sure though , karma can be a bitch, watch out when it bites you in the ass.

Karma does not exist.
Its just the risk that something goes good or bad %

If it does exist it sure didn't bite me in the arse , it bit my bank account.
Probably a women who made up the word Karma.:laugh:

WTF have you been doing???

Hmmmzzz lets not talk about that , lets say some people do thing's what they should not be doing. ;)
I know it still say's nothing at all and lets keep it that way.

Unfortunately this is a real cash economy, i don't hold much hope that people wont bid on it to get a good deal

Rgds

Ace

PS I wish you all the best, and big fingers crossed it doesnt cost too much in the end

Back