Excavator Decay

Arm

Dominant
Society
Starfleet Command
Is excavator decay returned in subsequent mining? Is it like healing in hunting, but returned with some delay?

There’s no indication this is the case. Claim size is determined before you extract it. Excavators basically work like guns and dpp before hunting loot 2.0.

Is excavator decay returned in terms of skills?

How many percents of mining tt cost is returned in terms of skills?

The missions seem to be 1% INCLUDING the mu. For example, 180 peds of prospecting for 60k points which is like over 60k peds cycle.

Last edited:
Is excavator decay returned in terms of skills?
With the way skill gain works for everything else, decay/TT affects skill gain. As to how much, I don’t think anyone has really quantified that to that degree.

Is excavator decay returned in subsequent mining? Is it like healing in hunting, but returned with some delay?
I really think the law of the Scan apply. Not returned.
Tiny story...
People used to be Kool Kids and would use scanners to probe people being real inappropriate with too many people. The decay would stay and they could force a global out of a mob. Eventualy things changed. Seeing that I cant mine indoor and drop or hit big enough to waste up to 80p of drilling for the run and wont get anything special if I drop or hunt after. I think it just get lost in the wind and end either in ma pocket or maybe even partly in the loot pool.

I think it just get lost in the wind and end either in ma pocket or maybe even partly in the loot pool.
That’s essentially how I treat excavator decay. By the time you have enough skill for an adjusted or imp, skill gain from excavating is mostly pointless anyways until you get to the level 50 unlock. Even then, kind of meh. I just wouldn’t plan for major kickbacks in skill gains if you use an uneco excavator and the way claim amounts are setup, costs are already set before you’d pull out the excavator anyways.

Any other opinions/testing?

Correct me if Im wrong but as far as I know there only 2 testing you can do from the drill. Drill each claim after find or drill all claims after run. Neither changed the result for me aside drilling right away make the run shorter but more activly demanding. I can do about 200-250 drops outdoor without amp before I need to drill to make sure I dont lose anything and I often drill only at the end of those drop to make another run without any apparent change because I wasted 7 to 30p of drilling before making another drop. Neither did I have any positive impact on my mining after getting a hof + global totaling almost 1000p that took me way too long to drill using my electric spoon drill.

Its not about the decay is about saving time imo, i drop 50-60 dclass per day when i play in current meta.

Its not about the decay is about saving time imo, i drop 50-60 dclass per day when i play in current meta.
That is a good point I don't think I hit on in this particular thread. You can consider eco in terms of excavators, but it doesn't really give a great ROI to go for an imp excavator unless you have most everything else in your mining setup mostly set already. Amp MU is going to affect returns a whole lot more than excavator decay.

That is a good point I don't think I hit on in this particular thread. You can consider eco in terms of excavators, but it doesn't really give a great ROI to go for an imp excavator unless you have most everything else in your mining setup mostly set already. Amp MU is going to affect returns a whole lot more than excavator decay.

Imp/adj is a must and good part is in past 3-4 years those didn't even lose value, actually gained :p

Last edited:
Back