Excavators?

Status

Nechen

Mature
Newbie question...

When looking at Excavators I notice the only difference between the higher level ones and the newbie TT ones is the "Excavation Efficiency"

What does "Excavation Efficiency" affect exactly? Or does it really matter?

-Nechen

efficiency measures, how much ressources you can pull up from your claim per click. efficiency cannot be 100% translated into tt of ressources or units you pull up, but higher efficiency in generalmeans you pull up more per click. :)

higher efficiency mostly means higher decay too. so "efficiency" is not really the right word actually. alot of people stick to the tt excavators because of that. it takes ages to drill an oil global but its cheap.

personally i prefer quick drilling so i can go on fast.

This can help you a bit, you can see stats of all of them: http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Driller

The difference is small. Lots depends on your skills really. I was using 104s but now I changed to tt stuff. TT is slower, but I can get more or less the same number of stones per click that I could with 104. The numer of stones (for ores) with each click is based on your mining skill. Same with enmats, but then you need to look on drilling skill.
Decay of TT is smallest (0.33 pec for click).
What you gain is speed, which matters with really big finds... I wouldn't like to excavate a 3k lyst hof with a tt excavator, but for an ordinary run tt is good enough.

Im really not sure how the efficiency thing relates to how much resource it can pull up at once. Its not tt value, its not item count, and its not weight. Maybe there is some kinda hidden bulk value that its based on.

A 3999 ped lyst would suck for sure using the tt extractor. I might break down and get something faster if i ever got that much lyst.

Longest one so far has been a 2100 ped narc i got out using 3 or 4 tt extractors.

Too bad rare exacvators and tools arent out of the ordinary finds. Even very nice limited use ones would rock.

What drops Excavator: Genesis Star Excavator Improved anyway? Dont see any data on entropedia.

No idea what drops Genesis Star Excavator Improved. Think Joe Jeff has one and I think I saw one in auction some time ago....
I think this is one of the items we can consider all time uber loots. I doubt there will be any dropping now :(

Excavation Effieciency=Number of stones you can pull out of the ground in one pull.
e.g. TT finder pull out 8-10 lyst per click
OM-201 pull out 45-60 lyst per click

Means you extract faster and back to mining quicker :)

only really matters for large low value claims. You'll have to see if a single decay cost at a 105 is worth more then lots of lower 101 decay costs.

What drops Excavator: Genesis Star Excavator Improved anyway? Dont see any data on entropedia.

They used to drop long ago from warriors if i'm not mistaken. Haven't heard of any recent drops, so the only way to get one now is to buy.

The higer efficiency excavators come in handy in lootable pvp areas when u wanna get your claim up as fast as possible and beat it. But other than that unless u wanna continue with SIB stick with the tt ones.

I read another thread here about SIB extractors and seems someone made research and it is actually cheaper to buy skills like mining or drilling than to but SIB extractors.

And number of stones you can get with one click depeds also on skills. When I excavate lyst with tt tools I have 40-50 stones per click. Can't remember level I have in mining, but there is no sib extractor for me, at least I haven't seen one :scratch2:

Depends on skills but its capped. Im at ~3700 mining atm, and i get the same units per pull i got back at like 500 or so when the tt extractor maxes.

You sure you can get 40-50 lyst with the tt one? I seem to remember lyst being more like 35 with the tt extractor, oil was more like 50. I know ive never gotten 50 for lyst.

Unless the level 55ish unlocks in extracting skills let you get more per pull or something.

Thats cool if some other skill lets you get more per pull, i gave up wanting that to happen 3000 skill ago.

Wow...and I thought I was hallucinating when I started getting more stones..

Maybe compare extraction skills? Since..err..

I think I have a pic on EF of my mining lyst - all before extraction but I assumed it was the ore miner I was using that made it low... maybe there is something to it. Or maybe I am biased in 'wanting' there to be skills that give a certain power (and abilitlies not being solely based on profession level).

Time for some tests?

Oh, some extraction tests would be very cool!
:D
If someone wants to arrange a few ppl for testing, I'd be happy to help out.

See if i can remember to keep track of how many i get per pull next time i go mining.

When i first started mining i just assumed that the skills would always increase the amount you could pull up at a time. When it seemed to just stop cold i gave up wishing for it. I admit i havent paid close attention to it for a long time.

Im staying away from lyst tho!

Im staying away from lyst tho!

*watches a lyst sneak up from behind and assassinate Atraie*

Ya....I havnt kept to close of attention either, but I'm sure there must be a difference....even a small one. Or....maybe not? :scratch2:

ya......test time!
:)

If it is any help I did some mining yesterday and the maximum number of lyst in one pull was 43 stones. Most of the time it was between 30-40 stones.

Used TT-extractor and have it maxed. Pro standing for mining is around 3.5. Mining skills is around 550.

It was not a very long run so not enough to draw to many conclusions, but it might be a start any way.

By my experience :

Uber extractor : Modified GEnesis Star ... cannont drop anymore . . .

extractor i use : TT extractor (nice eco for everyday runs)

extractor for Globals/Hof/CND/dangerous area (PVP4) : OM 102.

Took awhile to collect data since i couldnt mine for a week and a half.

Some of the more common ores and the sizes i can pull up with a tt excavator. I pulled up enough of each of these that im pretty darn certain these are the min and max for me. This is with ~3800 mining(level 26 miner).

belkar 20-34
blausariam 16-26
caldorite 9-15
cumbriz 9-16
gazzurdite 8-13
narcanisum 12-20
zinc stone 11-18

Did anyone else record any data? hehe.

Oh and thanks tamn, a claim of lyst snuck up behind me today when i wasnt expecting it!

Last edited:
Is the tt of excavation cost returned in the next finds when mining? Like healing in hunting loot?

Is the tt of excavation cost returned in the next finds when mining? Like healing in hunting loot?

Holy necro!

Giving the costs back in loot was one of the primary features of the Loot 2.0 update, but Loot 2.0 was only about hunting. So I doubt that.

Status
Back