FYI: Excessive Complaining / Negativity

Status
the problem is many of us have questions linked to MA... but there is very limited way to communicate with them....

PCF (or EF-- from which the whole user generated DB brought to PCF) being the forum mostly used b4 FPC, PCF has become the defacto main forum...

Also if I'm not mistaken.. at the present MA owns Calypso... so I think it's not unreasonable that most players ask questions linked to MA in this forum..

the questions linked to MA can be and should be answered by MA staff, and not by Kim!

I also think. If MA wants to be neutral they shouldnot use the EF as their gateway to communicate with the community. Either they use PCF or have their own forum..

Alternatively, i think they can use entropiaplanets forum. I dont' know much about that forum.. visited few times.. and felt that they cover all planets better than any other forums

Last edited:
I agree that they should have someone from MA answering platform and MA related questions but the people asking the questions must accept when they cant give the answer we want also without getting totaly crazy about it, some things we players just dont need to know even if we think we need to know.
An other thing i think would be nice is if the CEO of MA (JWT) would have section on the homepage with words from the CEO maybe once every month, i dont think that would be to much to ask from him and even if not everyone would find those words useful it would still be nice if he took that time to talk to us, it would atleast look like he cares about us a bit more.

Also if I'm not mistaken.. at the present MA owns Calypso... so I think it's not unreasonable that most players ask questions linked to MA in this forum..

1) Of course it is unreasonable to ask platform-related questions on a planet-specific forum...
2) If I understand correctly, Calypso is now owned by a company called AR Universe, located in Mexico and lead by Kim Welter.

From deedholder Q&A posted by Bjorn:
Q. How is the revenue share for Land Lot deeds calculated?
A. The Planet Partner Gross Revenue will be divided as follows: 50% paid to Land Lot deedholders (1/60000), and the remaining 50% retained by Planet Calypso (AR Universe AB) to cover the ongoing development, marketing and operating costs of Planet Calypso.

1) Of course it is unreasonable to ask platform-related questions on a planet-specific forum...
2) If I understand correctly, Calypso is now owned by a company called AR Universe, located in Mexico and lead by Kim Welter.

From deedholder Q&A posted by Bjorn:

AR Universe AB isn't a new company thou' it were registred in oct 2008.

what are AR and AB?

AB stands for Aktiebolag and means a stockholder company. There are private ones and public ones.

AR seems part of the name (prolly an abbr.).

EDIT: Check here. According to this it is a public AB, based in Gothenburg, with David Simmonds as chief executive and a workforce of 15 (all of them male :laugh:). However, data is from July 2011.

Last edited:
MA has just renamed FPC to AR Universe AB :)

Namnhistorik

Registrerat
AR Universe Aktiebolag (publ) 2011-02-18
First Planet Company Aktiebolag (publ) 2008-12-12

AR Universe AB isn't a new company thou' it were registred in oct 2008.

EDIT: Check here. According to this it is a public AB, based in Gothenburg, with David Simmonds as chief executive and a workforce of 15 (all of them male :laugh:). However, data is from July 2011.

Hmm maybe someone from AR or MA can shed some light on this then :silly2:

Point is, Calypso team is in Mexico and lead by Kim as a planet partner - people should not expect him to answer questions related to the platform.

Hmm maybe someone from AR or MA can shed some light on this then :silly2:

Point is, Calypso team is in Mexico and lead by Kim as a planet partner - people should not expect him to answer questions related to the platform.

I understand that , but still he is an MA official and not a PP ceo the way other PP ceo are.

look at his forum title and logo in the post:

I guess you will all be my bosses from now on then :)

And still the question is valid... Who owns AR Universe AB (Calypso)?

Having said that, it's fine if he is not answering platform based question just to avoid legal wrangling!..

Last edited:
MA has just renamed FPC to AR Universe AB :)

Right.

»MindArk har under året haft i snitt 36 medarbetare varav 7 kvinnor. Koncernen har haft
motsvarande 78 anställda varav 14 kvinnliga anställda. I Mexiko är 16 medarbetare placerade.
Vid årsskiftet 2010/2011 avslutade alla 15 anställa i AR Universe sin anställning i och med
inkråmsförsäljningen i AR Universe (tidigare First Planet Company) som också innebar
överföring av alla anställda.«

(See http://www.mindark.com/investor-relations/financial-reports/documents/arsredovisning2010_inkl_vdbrev.pdf)

mods/admin tell us not to create rant threats... this thread was ment for trolling... :scratch2:

And still the question is valid... Who owns AR Universe AB (Calypso)?

Mindark. (As of July 2011.)

Koncernstruktur:

Moderbolaget
MINDARK PE AB (PUBL)
Orgnr: 556640-4769
Uppdaterad Jul 2011

100%
EU SUPPORT & OPERATIONS AB
Orgnr: 556767-3594
Uppdaterad Jul 2011

100%
AR UNIVERSE AB (PUBL)
Orgnr: 556766-6416
Uppdaterad Jul 2011

100%
ILLUNOVA SA DE CV
MEXICO
Uppdaterad Jul 2011

Mindark. (As of July 2011.)

thank you :)

Now who owns this forum?

MA,

AR Universe AB,

or 711

In the case of AR Universe not owning the forum..
How this forum has become the official one for AR Universe?

Now who owns this forum?

Plz clarify what you mean by »this forum.« :scratch2:

Actually, I think there is no owner of »this forum,« b/c it comprises of various elements which are owned by different entities. Where rights are granted to various other entities not owning anything, as well.

In the case of AR Universe not owning the forum..
How this forum has become the official one for AR Universe?

A channel whatsoever does imo not need to be owned by you, even if that channel is designated as »official« by you. In fact, at most times that’s not the case, today. :dunno:

Last edited:
Plz clarify what you mean by »this forum.« :scratch2:

Actually, I think there is no owner of »this forum,« b/c it comprises of various elements which are owned by different entities. Where rights are granted to various other entities not owning anything, as well.

A channel whatsoever does imo not need to be owned by you, even if that channel is designated as »official« by you. In fact, at most times that’s not the case, today. :dunno:

would you mind specifying the various elements
and who has the rights to those elements

afaik the server(hardware) and the database is under the control of 711.

does he own them...
Is he leasing the database and the server ... and if yes to whom...
and who gets the fees for premium membership?
IF AR Universe not owner of the server or of the database.. are they paying 711 for the service he is rendering to them ?

afaik the server(hardware) and the database is under the control of 711.

does he own them...
Is he leasing the database and the server ... and if yes to whom...
and who gets the fees for premium membership?
IF AR Universe not owner of the server or of the database.. are they paying 711 for the service he is rendering to them ?

Well, you’re asking the right questions... and there are lots more...

Who owns the associated domain, who has rights to use it, who owns the used software, which parts of it, who has rights to use it, what about the communications hard- and software that is used to run »the forum,« are posts part of what you called »the forum,« are they not...? Asf.

would you mind specifying the various elements
and who has the rights to those elements

Yes, I would mind. :laugh:

B/c it’s tiresome, it’s tedious, it will be incomplete––and it will accomplish nothing. :dunno:

What would it help to know the owner, if there is one, of »the forum,« if there is such a thing at all.

Now, after this exercise in deconstruction :umn:, can we just go and shoot up some mobs? :sniper:
Pretty plz? :)

Last edited:
Well, you’re asking the right questions... and there are lots more...
Who owns the associated domain, who has rights to use it, who owns the used software, which parts of it, who has rights to use it, what about the communications hard- and software that is used to run »the forum,« are posts part of what you called »the forum,« are they not...? Asf.

Yes, I would mind.
B/c it’s tiresome, it’s tedious, it will be incomplete––and it will accomplish nothing.
What would it help to know the owner, if there is one, of »the forum,« if there is one.
WOW, I thought you wanted to answer... looks like you are more interested in evading.... sorry I took some of your time !
It'd have been much better not even try to answer if it is tire some......It'd have been better for me too... coz someone else would have tried...

Finally yes I think we all have some vested interest in it ... along with 711 and AR Universe.

This forum is rich and has value because of it's user generated content...

We all learn from each other from this forum as we all create the content....

If anything goes wrong with this database and pcf we all suffer... that's why we need to know....

Last edited:
WOW, I thought you wanted to answer... looks like you are more interested in evading.... sorry I took some of your time !
It'd have been much better not even try to answer if it is tire some......It'd have been better for me too... coz someone else would have tried...

Finally yes I think we all have some vested interest in it ... along wiht 711 and AR Universe.
Cause,, this forum is rich and has value because of it's user generated content...
We all learn from each other from this forum as we all create the content....
If anything goes wrong with this database and pcf we all suffer... that's why we need to know....

Well, actually I just didn’t know where you were aiming at. How could I have an answer. Has nothing to do with evading.

Ofc, it would be quite bad if PCF went kablooie. If that’s your concern... my answer is still, there might be no one and single instance you can turn to... :dunno:

Well, actually I just didn’t know where you were aiming at. How could I have an answer. Has nothing to do with evading.

Ofc, it would be quite bad if PCF went kablooie. If that’s your concern... my answer is still, there might be no one and single instance you can turn to... :dunno:

Very simple... if you dont' know the answer say i don't know or if it is tiering don't answer!

and if you know the answer, then how do you know it?

Who gets the fee from premium membership?

Who gets the fee from premium membership?
It would matter only if the Premium Membership would allow you to cry rivers on the forum without fears of ban - otherwise it's just 711's salary for the forum managing :)

Very simple... if you dont' know the answer say i don't know or if it is tiering don't answer

Well, I tried to tell you that imo there is no complete answer to your question, if any at all. Has nothing to do with knowing or not knowing the answer to your question.

Holy crap batman, so many unsubstantiated claims and so little facts.

SDS, the former FPC attemped to buy this forum (PCF, former EF) - the sale has never been completed, which means 711 still owns this forum (amongst others). 711 has confirmed this ages ago (right after the sale went tits up), if you don't trust my words: Search is your friend.
(If someone wastes the time to dig a link to this up: please look for 711s "The database is safe"-quote, too)

Whether the new FPC (AR Universe AB) is going to buy this forum is nothing but speculation at this point and only time will tell - however, they (Kim mainly) use it to communicate Calypso related stuff, because this forum IS the only international forum that is calypso-related only (no wonder, it has been the official Calypso Forum for a short while). Kim has used EF to communicate platform (MA) related things, so there is absolutely nothing we can deduct from the fact that Kim is posting here. My (and probably everyone elses) choice of communication channels would very likely have been the same, without any relation to MA, Calypso or any of the other planets.

Well, I tried to tell you that imo there is no complete answer to your question, if any at all. Has nothing to do with knowing or not knowing the answer to your question.

I've never seen such an evasive behavior in any forum.... but that's k.. it's your choice... and i've no right to infringe on it.

So ty
Holy crap batman, so many unsubstantiated claims and so little facts.

SDS, the former FPC attemped to buy this forum (PCF, former EF) - the sale has never been completed, which means 711 still owns this forum (amongst others). 711 has confirmed this ages ago (right after the sale went tits up), if you don't trust my words: Search is your friend.

Whether the new FPC (AR Universe AB) is going to buy this forum is nothing but speculation at this point and only time will tell - however, they (Kim mainly) use it to communicate Calypso related stuff, because this forum IS the only forum that is calypso-related only (no wonder, it has been the official Calypso Forum for a short while). Kim has used EF to communicate platform (MA) related things, so there is absolutely nothing we can deduct from the fact that Kim is posting here. My (and probably everyone elses) choice of communication channels would very likely have been the same, without any relation to MA, Calypso or any of the other planets.

Thanks a lot for being the most helpful...I really appreciaate your answer... and (+) rep
You made me smile a real one indeed :)

Oh wow. Getting a ban for Excessive Complaining in the thread about the Excessive Complaining is quite an achievement.

Oh wow. Getting a ban for Excessive Complaining in the thread about the Excessive Complaining is quite an achievement.

I agree! An excessive complaining ban on an excessive complaining thread is positively the silliest thing ever. I am inclined to wonder whether such a thing is ultimately uplifting to the forum participants. I am certain the staff member experienced a great deal of enjoyment and satisfaction from that experience.

Note: All words in the statement above were up-beat in nature and definition.

Status
Back