Excessive CPU usage

Amber Knightley

Prowler
Society
Sons of Anarchy
Amber Blastie Knightley
Please do something about the excessive CPU usage, it is not ok.

When running ComPet on my desktop computer it uses a minimum of 60% of the CPU.
As a reference this is when looking at the Wi-Fi message on the loading screen :confused:.
Last night it was going up over 90% CPU usage and staying around there most of the time.
As another reference Entropia (x64) uses at max 40% of my CPU.
I'd expect Entropia to need/use much more CPU resources than ComPet.

You are building a game that (at least me) will be running in the background as a game that you spend some time on the side of your main task. Then it needs to use less resources. This will not be the main thing running on my computer. If you don't do something nice about this I suspect you will loose some of your potential players.

:twocents:

Same thing is happening with my PC. I am waiting on a mod to approve the thread that I have started listing my PC specs. In my thread I was going to start a running list of all the things I encounter in game.

But ComPets alone is using 68-78% on my PC resources. That is insane by itself. FO4 does not even do that and no way I can be convinced that this game is more heavy on graphics than FO4.

I just updated to the latest version 0.44.20062016 and everything appears to work very well now, when it comes to performance! CPU usage is around 4% and the graphics card is running on low performance :cool:

It is better. Compets itself is running about 10%. BUT, a svchost starts using up memory resources when ever I start compets. It slowly keeps getting hungrier and hungrier the longer I run compets. That task is up to 25% now. Memory leak still there but not as bad.

Back