Suggestion: Expand "Telepath" Profession for Buff-Casting

Captain Jack

Elite
Society
Endgame
Background: MindForce has been under-utilized since it's inception into the Entropia Universe. Over the last several years the gameplay has become more individual focused and less immersive. The Paramedic profession used to be a vibrant support role, and has largely been replaced by lifesteal and restoration chips (which have been a welcome addition to the game by most hunters). The supply of sweat continues to exceed demand, causing the price of sweat to continue downward which makes it more difficult for newer players with limited means to get a foothold in the game.

Objective: In this thread I intend to propose a system which will revitalize an existing (and nearly useless in it's present state) profession to include a new buff system which encourages team dynamics, is hands-on and immersive, and increases the demand for sweat while adding a valuable service to the game.

Proposal: A massive expansion of the existing "Telepath" profession which will enable a player to use a variety of buff-casting MindForce chips, which are to be introduced. The one profession ties in all newly introduced buff-casting chips. A player may cast buffs on themselves or others. Nearly any presently existing buff could be integrated in this system, I will propose a few examples as models below. The concept is for the cost to cast to be very affordable, opening the door for all players to obtain and use these chips, while the buffs increase in both strength and duration creating an incentive for players to skill up the profession to progress to the more powerful and efficient chips.
Note: The cost of buff-casts should be added to the loot calculation in the same way that healing is.

Buff Chips Model: (Modeled roughly after the Restoration Chip series)
Level 1 (0-5 Telepath): 4.5 PED max TT, 0.45 PEC decay, 45 Mind Essence consumption.
Level 2 (5-10 Telepath): 5.3 PED max TT, 0.53 PEC decay, 53 Mind Essence consumption.
Level 3 (10-15 Telepath): 6.4 PED max TT, 0.64 PEC decay, 64 Mind Essence consumption.
... etc. etc. (keep modeling after existing Resto chips through level 20)

Example Buffs: Here I will list the first 3 examples of a series of buffs. The rest follow the same pattern through level 20. Each buff gives an additional +1 minute over the preceding level's buff, as well as a stronger affect. The concept is to take the max "Action" buff and divide it by 20, allowing for a max buff to be added at level 100.

Increased Health Buff:
Level 1 (0-5 Telepath): +5 Health, 1 minute buff
Level 2 (5-10 Telepath): +10 Health, 2 minute Buff
Level 3 (10-15 Telepath): +15 Health, 3 minute buff

Increase Critical Damage Buff:
Level 1 (0-5 Telepath): +3% critical damage, 1 minute buff
Level 2 (5-10 Telepath): +6% critical damage, 2 minute Buff
Level 3 (10-15 Telepath): +9% critical damage, 3 minute buff

Increase Reload Speed:
Level 1 (0-5 Telepath): +1%, 1 minute buff
Level 2 (5-10 Telepath): +2%, 2 minute Buff
Level 3 (10-15 Telepath): +3%, 3 minute buff

Decrease (Incoming) Critical Damage Buff:
Level 1 (0-5 Telepath): +2.25%, 1 minute buff
Level 2 (5-10 Telepath): +4.5%, 2 minute Buff
Level 3 (10-15 Telepath): +6.75% 3 minute buff

And so on and so forth. Any presently existing buff could be implemented in this way.

Conclusion: This system would create a much more dynamic and immersive method by which players can play both individually and in teams, drive up demand for sweat as these buffs become integral to the every day hunter, and provide additional interest in hunting loot.

First may I compliment you on a well thought out idea and structure of how this could be done, I also agree something to replace or develop the game for healers would be cool. But tbh I suspect once bitten twice shy, and many would avoid the investment in dearer chips to help others and risk getting burned again.

But... I do wonder if this just takes us further from the core game
Whatever happened to the idea of playing just using our own hard earned skills, everything these days is about how many buffs we can add, how buffs are capped, and ways around that. People seem desperate to run around appearing uber (whatever that is) when if they took their buffs off they would be very much less able to hunt the things they do. It's not a race, you will reach those skill levels with or without buffs eventually, and if done without at least it is then 'your achievement'.
Buffs seems to have added nothing to the game play, other than additional trading in the rings and pets, and more ped into MAs pockets. If we all use buffs then ultimately we gain no advantage and are back at square one, just poorer.
Higher sweat prices may help new player, I agree, but then making them feel they can only succeed if they spend on buffs, buffs and more buffs is totally counter productive.

Frankly I would sooner they developed things that are not necessarily for hunters alone, missions that require co-operation (and maybe sweat), develop areas of the game where little or nothing is going on. NO I do not mean terrain changes and new trees MA, just saying. How about increased vehicle speed if you add sweat to fuel for example, small increase but enough to give an advantage, then make vehicles a proper part of the game, after all some can carry guns, yet today these seem to have little purpose.

Sorry wandering off topic.

Back to your idea.. I am sure many would like it, and can propose variants that may cover professions other than hunting also, rather than their being neglected as usual

First may I compliment you on a well thought out idea and structure of how this could be done, I also agree something to replace or develop the game for healers would be cool. But tbh I suspect once bitten twice shy, and many would avoid the investment in dearer chips to help others and risk getting burned again.

Back to your idea.. I am sure many would like it, and can propose variants that may cover professions other than hunting also, rather than their being neglected as usual

Regarding the investment of chips, I am proposing this be implemented as (L) chips so we don't run into overpowering issues. Regarding the other professions, I think crafting could naturally be tied in as the supplier of the buff chips, and mining could very easily receive benefit from buff chips specific to the mining profession (extraction speed, finder range, etc.)

Regarding the investment of chips, I am proposing this be implemented as (L) chips so we don't run into overpowering issues. Regarding the other professions, I think crafting could naturally be tied in as the supplier of the buff chips, and mining could very easily receive benefit from buff chips specific to the mining profession (extraction speed, finder range, etc.)

I like this idea very much, well written down. I think crafting need to be the only source of supply for this chips, using both materials from hunting and mining that are available. Also the chips should just be in limited variant, we already have too much unlimited items in game, although i mostly i use unlimited myself, this is not stimulating the economy.

Increased Health Buff: is the only usefull buff rest most ppl maxed with items and skills. For other ppl they come and want a buff for decay and than go no need to hire someone. And most ppl that want or need these buffs skill up and give thmeself it. So all these thinkings bring maybe something for 6 months and than again death

Only what this bring is more less medic sercive and more sweat demand

MA have to bring up a system where buffs work only in team if you close it all buffs gone, that there is a demand for ppl, but if it come up it will be a decay only service only to skill more or and these skills are only for targets not for themself so that i cant buff myself. Sure big Socs do it by themself so no demand from there too......

There i found the other thread idea better that ppl with high Para get extra buffs but not with para 100 i play now 13-14 years not sure and i am sure under top 10 of hours used by healing, but my faps give like 0 skills and i stucked since 2 years at lvl 47 para. New faps sucked too the 2350 -2600 they give 20x more skills like my unl old faps. So someone can get my skills in 1 year with it when healing. Rules same like above buffs they must be team buffs only on target not on myself i know most ppl hate the team thing maybe than team give double buff like 2 minutes in team and 1 minute without lets benefits ppl that form a team.

Last edited:
Despite I would love to use baffs, i'd never use ones for 3 mins. Just a waste of time and peds.
Although I'll probably use buffs with 10 mins if they will be really useful.

Has it ever happened... ever... a suggestion to be implemented by the MA?
My question is not ironic or rhetorical... ambiguous.

I like this idea very much, well written down. I think crafting need to be the only source of supply for this chips, using both materials from hunting and mining that are available. Also the chips should just be in limited variant, we already have too much unlimited items in game, although i mostly i use unlimited myself, this is not stimulating the economy.

Yes, I believe this could create some additional crafting opportunity which could be used as loot sinks for both mining and hunting loot.

Increased Health Buff: is the only usefull buff rest most ppl maxed with items and skills. ...

The buffs listed in this thread are a starting point and are not comprehensive. The purpose of my proposal is to offer flexibility and additional functionality to existing systems. There are currently existing buffs, other than increased health, which are still unable to be maxed by any combination of "items and skills." I am interested in what skills you are referring to here.

Despite I would love to use baffs, i'd never use ones for 3 mins. Just a waste of time and peds.
Although I'll probably use buffs with 10 mins if they will be really useful.

While longer buffs would certainly be more appealing, I believe there should be an incremental ladder to get there. In the meantime, 3 minute buffs would still be useful for support roles whose primary function in a team is buffing and healing team members.

Has it ever happened... ever... a suggestion to be implemented by the MA?
My question is not ironic or rhetorical... ambiguous.

Yes. Much more so recently than in times past, and they tend to pay more attention to PCF suggestions than support cases.

Last edited:
Back