Explain the improved loot system!

trance

Elite
Society
Natural Born Killers
hypnotica TRANCE blain
Since the new VU i have 40% returns in hunt and 50% returns in mining... how is this improved? I got 80% hunt and near same in mining or better, before that "NICE" update.

Reducing 5 token to 2 token in fef cave, is this also improved loot system? Now we have 5 days to get 10 token from feff cave. before we got 10 token in 2 days... really nice improving!

Or means improved loot that only MA get improved loot ? I really don't have fun to loos more as 50% PER RUN !!!
I would say noting, but i lost 8k peds since 2 months play EU on my level and i was think the improved loot will show some thing better as only lost. But i don't see any light in the darkness.

I'm the only one get "improved loot" ?

So yesterday I had a mining run with 394% TT return, compared to 112.34% for this month.
(No, really, I did .. falkao can check that on the log file I'm sharing with him :) )

On the other hand, I'm not expecting that rate of return to last.

Short term returns will always vary .. and as its only been 1 day since the servers came back up after vu 12.8, so I'd consider ANY runs since then to be short-term.

loosing 8k peds in 2 months is not short term.. ok, VU is very fresh, but i cant see any improved loot at me. It is much more bad as before that VU. A lot ppl say the same to me about there loot. some get nice loot ok, thats why i ask here to be the only one to get that "Improved loot".

"Improved" and "exciting" usually only have said meaning for MA. Read: it's worse for players.

Our idea of "improved" is not like their idea of "improved".

Adding my two pecs . I agree loot isn't really improved for players . Returns seem a lot less

They didn't say who it was improved for.

They also said it would change over the next few VU's right!?

They might be makeing it better but in that case dont expect 10% but maybe 1

I guess they mean the increase in item drops? My socmates (and me) had globals and hofs cointaining items only

I guess they mean the increase in item drops? My socmates (and me) had globals and hofs cointaining items only

My only items was novas and blazer and no looters, and tons of misses plus the normal tt BS.
But nice to see some Item loot.

If you look at the history here in the game, when it comes that MA does something with or about the loot it has always been a nerfs.so.......what do you players expect.:silly2:

returns are normal for me but no L guns on my loot. just chips :)

They said it was the first stage in the improved loot system this vu.

This stage involves lowering the loot so that they can improve it in the second stage when they bring it back to normal.

My theory anyway. :cool:

Improved loot would mean players could play for longer before losing their Ped. So more of their loss would go in decay, which in turn means higher revenue for the PP, and in Calypso's case, more Ped back to the CLD owners, not MA.

As it is, low loot means a higher proportion of deposits stay with MA.

I'd like to hope MA would improve the loot so I could play for as long as I could 3 years ago for the same budget, but I'm sceptical.

They didn't say who it was improved for.

Its certainly better for Leviathan and Neconu hunters. I'm not going to argue over system vs tables.

Overall, returns seem more stable so far?

Since the new VU i have 40% returns in hunt and 50% returns in mining... how is this improved? I got 80% hunt and near same in mining or better, before that "NICE" update.

I'm pretty sure that they didn't change TT%. What has changed is the type of items in loot, but I'm not sure if loot distribution got changed as well.

I would hazard a guess that the loot system as not changed at all.

All that is probably changed is they have introduced lots of L guns into various mobs that previously dropped bugger all markup stuff.

MA have stated (believe or not as you wish) that the loot system has not changed since day one. So the underlying algorithms are probably exactly the same

Rgds

Ace

MA have stated (believe or not as you wish) that the loot system has not changed since day one. So the underlying algorithms are probably exactly the same

There have been at least 2 changes

About 3 years ago the loot changed from coming in waves to more random

More recently, they reduced the number of high Hofs.

There has been change. Nothing big in TT return prolly a lill less returns if anything but nothing big, HOWEVER it has been a change in instance loot on ark for example no robot loot there.

My thought is what is gonna "improve" is more fokused on that planet sorta drops. Hence more drops for each planets specifik BPs. This might be for good and bad. Might kill off a few more MUs but other then that nothing big

MA wont change return for the better knowing them.

All that is probably changed is they have introduced lots of L guns into various mobs that previously dropped bugger all markup stuff.

Rgds

Ace

Yeah I kinda remember someone from MA saying that 3 or 4 years ago...Marco or Frank maybe? Alot can change in 3-4 years though. ;) Especially since they are now openly screwing around with it....just saying...:laugh:

I like increased item loot. tt values are the same, but at least i won't have to scan the auction to get the least markup weapon.. I simply loot it.. (fck the crafters is what mindark's done)

Rgds

Ace

yea the basic code is maybe the same, but everything other is much changed. 7 years ago i could play pretty well whit 1k peds deposit per month. I had long periods with only nice loot, and then long periods with only bad loot. But now, i have one short peek nice loot, and then a pretty long time bad loot. Oh, and i need 4k peds to play 1 month! Maybe balancing is the main problem! Or the ppl behind the balancing team. Dunno.

So some thing is always changed!

Yeah I kinda remember someone from MA saying that 3 or 4 years ago...Marco or Frank maybe? Alot can change in 3-4 years though. ;) Especially since they are now openly screwing around with it....just saying...:laugh:

the algorithm might be the same but what they enter into it might have changed ;)

Since day one we've had huge HP mobs introduced, vastly more items and players skills have been allowed to rise ever faster thanks to SIB (even though they nerfed skilling pre (L) SIB as we were gaining skills to quickly :scratch2:)

We've also got iron missions to encourage players to hunt the same mob for weeks on end.

I have noticed on rocktropia shoting low level mobs (zombies, wolfs, and werewolfs) that I am getting upwards of 7 different thigns in loot, but most of them are 3 PEC each. I actually had a loot with 7 items totalling 3 PEC (4 items were 0 pec)

But the big difference and why its hurting more is that almost all the special item drops are gone. since the VU I have had only 3 special item drops in about 1000 mobs. before the VU the number was about 10 to 15 per 1000 mobs.

So for me my monthly deposit will last maybe 14 days this month, then im back to that other planet in survival beta mode.

Jesus, relax and atleast try it out before screaming.

Just cuz you had a few bad runs dont mean it's the end of the world and returns went to shit.. Atleast try it for like 50-100 runs before saying its so much worse.

/Faith

Loot are clearly bug especially on high maturity like i already say in an other post but dont think ma will come here for telling you yes it is bug u dont get loot like its planed they will fix it in one we and tell this is the 2 part of the loot adjustment

yea they have never changed the loot ^^ right... lol gtfo MA..

just think about this...if MA can fuck up every thing els.. why not the loot? ofc they fucked up the damn loot at many points of this games history just stating that they never done anything with it its plain fraud

and yea.. im far from happy with my TT return this year... note im happy when i hit 90% tt return..as that what i knew id get..but now..pff who know and im happy iv sold all my gear as i dont see the point of having gear worth 20k USD .. when MA clearly cant be trusted

Actually, it was said by Bjorn about 3 months ago.

yea they have never changed the loot ^^ right... lol gtfo MA..

Actually, what was said was:
The fundamental loot architecture in Entropia Universe has been unchanged since public beta. Of course, minor tweaks and adjustments have been made over the years to improve balancing and to accomdate new game systems, but the basic underlying concept is the same as ever.

(bolded the important parts)

Back