Explanation as to what happened.

Status

MudKicker

HERES MUD IN YER EYE!
Society
THE THREAT
Muddy MudKicker Helmet
First off Id like to thank everyone for being so concerned and everything. It was a welcome sight as I thought Id get set afire and thrown to the curb.

Sorry this has been delayed but, shits been going on.....

My initial response was going to be "Ill make a long story short" but, I think Ill just tell the whole thing now, seeing as many of you are concerned.

Sometime late last summer, early Fall, my cousin came to stay with me as he had lost his job and basically everything else due to what I basically know was a cocain addiction. Hes 4 years younger than me, just to state some facts.
When he was in my house for this time, I basically set him straight and I felt he kinda looked up to me in some ways since I was once in his same boat and kicked my ass into gear and streightened my life out. I basically let him come and go as he pleased but kept him on a short leash just to be sure.
We often spent time together after I got home from work, usually talking and stuff, he often watched me play PE but never really showed much interest in it, which suprised me for some reason, I thought he would get into it a little more seeing as what the stakes are and what could be made. Hes a lot like me in some ways. I showed him alot of things ingame and thought I might get him playing with a lil help from me.
I was in the process of selling skills and basically wanting to start over till after the new year when I was going to make a big depo and retrieve the said skills I was thinking of selling, back.
I never really got to sell any skills due to the feeling of 3 years of playing and I just couldnt throw that away for some days of hunting, so I never did.
Shortly after X-Mas I got word that one of my best friends from high-school was killed in a car accident about 3 hours north of where I lived, which is where he and his parents moved after him and I got in a moto-cross accident, which left his right arm paralized, about 10 years ago. I went there for a few weeks to spend time with his family which I was very close to. I unfortunately left my cousin here alone which proved to be a huge mistake.
I came back 4 days earlier than he thought only to find a moving truck in front of my house. I first thought, "Finally! He found a place!" Then I looked closer in the truck and saw my furniture and mostly everything from my upstairs, in the truck. You can imagine wtf was going thru my head atm, so I wont ellaborate.
I entered my house finding 2 dudes trying to get my 56" TV out from the rec room, which noone but myself or my Dad will be able to figure out, since it was almost impossible to get it down there in the first place!
1+1= kicking somebodys ass, so I started questioning wtf was actually going on.
Well, obviously alot of shit was being smelt through-out the house as my cousin wasnt expecting me back early.
Needless to say, we all landed in jail (ended up shooting his ass in the knee) and I found out later that he must have gone ingame and sucked all my skills, borrowed the armor from NoMan and sold everything I had.
I have 6k+ BLP weapon tech left. Everything else is gone. I sent NoMan the same explanation.
He actually told me he had someone else create an ava and dropped all the earnings for him/her to pick up and WD`d it already. Hes not a stupid kid, which now that I think back, he must have followed wtf I was actually doing without really making notice about it. Hes not saying who or where or what tf, since he actually really cant atm, physacially.
I still have to get all my shit back that was in the process of being hauled out.
I also may still spend some time away due to what happened.

I should have seen this shit comming but other outside factors seemed more important atm. Im truly sorry for NoMans loss but, it wasnt me that actually did it. I actually lost more than anyone here but feel more loss for her. I also lost my job that Ive been at for 10 years due to being absent. Im going to try my best to find out where that money ends up.

Hope this clears up alot of issues. Ive been in court most of the time lately trying to get my shit back due to legality of stuff, Im to ashamed to login. I actually got ahold of MS9 from a buds house and he allowed me to DL PE, but I feel I cant face any of the community at this time.

Worst part about this all is I had my kids with me opon return, they had to witness all this and they come first and foremost through-out all this....

Holy shit, dude!:eek: I understand being pissed at your cousin and all...

but you friggin knee-capped him?!

Atm, dude, there was so much shit goin on that I really can explain right now.

Holy Crap dude! Don't mess with the Mudkicker i guess. Hope things work out for you...

This is some real shitty stuff Muddy. I am sorry to hear. That cousin of your should be happy that he is your cousin and not mine. I wouldn't settle for the knee. Sorry again Muddy, I sure hope you manage to sort this mess out.

.-/

Hi,

Wow, feel sorry for you man, keep your chin up, hope you get this behind you asap.

good luck m8.

Dodgy

Holy shit muddy This sucks bigtime....

Hope u could ur shit shorted and can get hold of where the withdraw is going to..

damn, this sux..

I hope that you intend to make things right with those people in game who trusted your avatar enough to loan you items. Whether it was you or someone else behind your avatar, you had allowed access to your home, computer, account passwords (and/or email passwords), and gold card (assuming you have one).

It's alarming to me that all you said was "sorry for your loss" as though that's the end of the story (pun intended).

This is the third such story I've heard in the last couple of months of someone who claims (not in any way, of course, to imply that it isn't true) that a friend or family member somehow gained access to their account and did malicious things with it - and then making little/no plans to make up for it to the people who were harmed by their avatar. First, I find it far-fetched that someone who hasn't actively played PE could navigate the social and technical aspects of the universe to get away with all of that. Secondly, they would have had to cross a lot of access opportunities to get that far, and the fact that they didn't protect their account should make them somewhat accountable for what happens.

Let this be yet another lesson and reminder to the universe:
(1) Don't Effing loan things out
and
(2) Protect your computer and account info or take responsibility for what is done with it when you let others have access.

I hope that you intend to make things right with those people in game who trusted your avatar enough to loan you items. Whether it was you or someone else behind your avatar, you had allowed access to your home, computer, account passwords (and/or email passwords), and gold card (assuming you have one).

It's alarming to me that all you said was "sorry for your loss" as though that's the end of the story (pun intended).

This is the third such story I've heard in the last couple of months of someone who claims (not in any way, of course, to imply that it isn't true) that a friend or family member somehow gained access to their account and did malicious things with it - and then making little/no plans to make up for it to the people who were harmed by their avatar. First, I find it far-fetched that someone who hasn't actively played PE could navigate the social and technical aspects of the universe to get away with all of that. Secondly, they would have had to cross a lot of access opportunities to get that far, and the fact that they didn't protect their account should make them somewhat accountable for what happens.

Let this be yet another lesson and reminder to the universe:
(1) Don't Effing loan things out
and
(2) Protect your computer and account info or take responsibility for what is done with it when you let others have access.

[Deleted]
Im going to try to get NoMan her peds back.
Thanx for your support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im going to try to get NoMan her peds back.
Thanx for your support.

Your gratitude is misplaced, as you seem to have misunderstood. :) With all due respect (that being zero), my statements were not meant to be supportive toward you, but rather toward those who were (allegedly, of course) screwed over by your avatar (and whomever happened to be behind it at the time).

[Deleted]

woow im sorry to hear this!

This was a very sad storrie!
I feel for u Muddy!
What else can i say?
Hope u get it behind u asap!
Regards

Damn , that really bites !

At first I heard you where going to jail for a while , I supported you because we always had good interactions.

After hearing this story really think you did nothing wrong , in fact would have shot my cushion too just not sure of where (Head/knee)!
But guess if I went for the head and got caught would be doing alot more jail time then you!

I hope all works out for you and you will always have friends here, try to remember that!

I love that line ;)

Damn Mud!!! :(

I feel for you, and can only say that is f*cked that you got into this situation. :mad:

Seen simular happen to a few freinds and I have some understanding of it. Bottem line, drugs suck, and you put yourselfe in danger by accosiating with one that does heavy drugs. I mean, it is one thing to care about a friend and work to get him/her help from the drugs, but not keeping close watch on such, is just asking for shit... :( I hope you did the right thing, and if not I hope you're doing what you feel is right to correct things.

Just think, this is so damn shitty, that is can't get worst... So there is only better from here on out... :)

Im sorry to hear what happend to u.. ive heard many stories about the impact drugs of that type can do to someone... I hope all ur legal issues work out in ur favor and the one bright side is that u caught the f***er before he was able to run off with ur stuff.. Im sure the communities well wishes are with u through this difficult time of need ! :(

Crazy stuff Mr. Mudkicker.
Hope you will recover fast, but you are a get up man, so get up again :)

Your gratitude is misplaced, as you seem to have misunderstood. :) With all due respect (that being zero), my statements were not meant to be supportive toward you, but rather toward those who were (allegedly, of course) screwed over by your avatar (and whomever happened to be behind it at the time).

No, you misunderstood ... he knows you weren't being supportive ... his comment was laced with sarcasm. :rolleyes:

You get the very first -rep I've ever given out. Why? ... because it's not enough that Muddy had to go through what he did, but you had to come into this thread and make it seem like Muddy is ignorant to what needs to be done, and throw salt into the wounds like nothing else matters.

[Deleted]

Crikey!

This is gonna make ripples. Man shoots cousin for stealing virtual world items.

I know we dont know each other Mudkicker, but for your sake mate, I hope you get through this. jesus if the guy gonna rob you in broad daylight wtf he gonna do in the courts?

Oh man, wat if he says 'I was gonna re-decorate his house while he was away to thank him for looking after me'

Afford the best defence you can and best of luck..

the more i read fliss`s posts the more i wonder if its her behind that username.
anyway ontopic,hope u get this sh*t fixed up mud,allwas bad to see one of us going through something like this or something else thats bad.

This is gonna make ripples. Man shoots cousin for stealing virtual world items.

I know we dont know each other Mudkicker, but for your sake mate, I hope you get through this. jesus if the guy gonna rob you in broad daylight wtf he gonna do in the courts?

Oh man, wat if he says 'I was gonna re-decorate his house while he was away to thank him for looking after me'

Afford the best defence you can and best of luck..

Man didnt shoot man for stealing virtual items, Man shot man for stealing IRL items....read again my friend....

Just to ramificate....I cant be on long now...

If I (Mud) wanted to actually make off with opportune items, "I" could have got way more than what my cousin saw me deal with, and I think at least 3 of the community can actually fess up to that so....

When my cousin was with me he only actually saw me deal with NoMan.

Thats all Im gonna speak about. As I said, I lost all my shit also so I prolly wont engage ingame fopr a while till this shit is sorted.

WOW! What a mess...:eek:

I am sorry you are having such a hard time. I hope you can get yourself and your life back to normal soon. I'm sure you will find a way to make ammends for the damage caused by your cousin. How did he actually get into your account? Did you give him the login and password?

In any case, I wish you all the best.

Cheers :beerchug:

My signature is not slander, it is a quote that you yourself wrote. The link is included (click on the arrow in the quote box). here it is again:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=502458#post502458

Your story seems far fetched, and the first thing I thought of was the previous story about the pumpkin, which you later retracted and made the quote in my sig line. It seemed like a little piece of data that some might find helpful in deciding the credibility of future statements.

But I didn't add it until you started throwing insults at me and your little friend popped her -rep cherry to cry more for you. (lawl) P.S. I'm honored, so ty for letting me be your special first :)

My initial post was simply pointing out that I felt that this situation seems to be happening more often, and that in such cases, the avatar owner doesn't seem to be taking protection of their account serious enough. Also, your original post made no reference to trying to make it up to the real victims here - the ones who have lost items. All you said was that you felt for them. That just isn't enough, in my opinion.

I believe I've made my point, but it was in no way is the quote slander, it was your own quote from a previous story you'd told.

I'd like to recommend that you and your friends familiarize yourselves with the rules of this forum and take your off-topic flaming and pseudo-moderating elsewhere. :) If you have concerns about content of a sig line or forum post, there is a report button in the bottom left. If you have any questions, maybe a moderator can assist you in better understanding the process. :)

[Rule #26] <-- I had said "hugs and kisses" in swedish. I apologize for not saying it in english. :p

Last edited:
It's not slander, it is a quote that you yourself wrote. The link is included. here it is again...

Yes it is his quote, but when you add it to this thread it will be taken completely out of context. He lied about a carved pumpkin for pete's sake, not something as serious as this!

It's not slander, it is a quote that you yourself wrote. The link is included. here it is again:

Your story seems far fetched, and the first thing I thought of was the previous story about the pumpkin, which you later retracted and made the quote in my sig line. It seemed like a little piece of data that some might find helpful in deciding the credibility of future statements.

But I didn't add it until you started throwing insults at me and your little friend popped her -rep cherry to cry more for you. (lawl) P.S. I'm honored, so ty for letting me be your special first :)

My initial post was simply pointing out that I felt that this situation seems to be happening more often, and that in such cases, the avatar owner doesn't seem to be taking protection of their account serious enough. Also, your original post made no reference to trying to make it up to the real victims here - the ones who have lost items. All you said was that you felt for them. That just isn't enough, in my opinion.

I believe I've made my point, but it was in no way is the quote slander, it was your own quote from a previous story you'd told.

I'd like to recommend that you and your friends familiarize yourselves with the rules of this forum and take your off-topic flaming and pseudo-moderating elsewhere. :) If you have concerns about content of a sig line or forum post, there is a report button in the bottom left. If you have any questions, maybe a moderator can assist you in better understanding the process. :)

You have a point.

[Deleted]

Beliieve what yall will, then.....

Not to hijack, but I believe libel is the word you want, not slander:

"The common law origins of defamation lie in the torts of slander (harmful statement in a transitory form, especially speech) and libel (harmful statement in a fixed medium, especially writing but also a picture, sign, or electronic broadcast), each of which gives a common law right of action."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slander_and_libel

Alright, now I will run before I get consumed by the flames of this war.

It's not slander, it is a quote that you yourself wrote. The link is included. here it is again:

If you don't think that taking that quote out of Muddy's other thread isn't out of context and used with malicious intent, then I don't know what happened to your thinking. You can make attempts at justifying it any way you like, but there's no way to see the intent any clearer than you made it.

There's nothing more to say, because you are your own best spokesperson! :D

You have a point.

[Deleted portion of quote where there were threats made to my personal safety which were later removed by moderators]

Beliieve what yall will, then.....

[SELF-EDIT] I removed comments as they related to my decision to remove Muddy's quote from my sig line, since I have reinstated it due to responses and messages I received from him and his ex-mod-fanboi.

The quote is exactly as you said it, with a reference back to the original source (click on the arrow in the quote to reference the source document).

Back on-topic - and of course not meant to be directed at Muddy in any way, but general comments about these types of situations: [/SELF-EDIT]

As with all of these unfortunately situations where items go stolen/missing, I hope that people will learn something from those who have suffered before them. Enough people in our universe have suffered from loaning/borrowing and the ongoing goldcard issue and other such problems ... I hope that people can start learning more from others experiences and not have to go through such losses for themselves. Regardless of the details of the various stories, or how true they were, they all started out with the same basic issues of someone loaning something to someone they trusted. This is yet another example of why that just isn't a good idea .. period.

Last edited:
[Deleted]

My apologies to 711 and the Mods for engaging in this totally ridiculous banter ... I feel it speaks for itself and I am removing myself from making any further comments to allow the thread to continue as it should.

Sorry to you too Muddy! :(

I feel "Judge Judy the movie"... directed by Quentin Tarantino coming.

t

:topic:

First of - what a mess, Mud :( I'm really sorry to hear all the things you have gone through - not mentioning your kids.

Secondly ... I am playing while my kids are watching ... and my bf. I am sure a lot of people trust their family members enough. And that IS the way it should be no matter what. If you can't trust family - who can you trust? Untill anything else is proved ....

PE is still "only" money. I say only because there are things more valuable than that in life (no matter what some brain-less people are trying to say). Like family, friendships and love. And yes, other people here suffered from your losses too - to them, money means more of course - because the most important thing in game they lost, was/is money. But I am sure they are glad you got back to them to explain - because that shows you care about that.

To you, Mud, the most hurtfull must be, that you gave your cousin everything you could give - you took him under your wings with the intention to "safe" and help him - and he ass-fucked you afterwards as "thanks". I would be as frustrated, angry, disappointed as you were and probably still are. It makes you feel stupid and also worried, maybe, if you let your kids be alone with a guy like that! Sorry! I understand why you reacted as you did!

You can't do anything else than you say you would. You took care of business afterwards - talked with the involved parts and promised to pay them back. I understand if that too has been a fight for you to go through, with all the RL business to take care of too. But most important now is, that you get your RL straight again. Find a new and hopefully better job. And get your life together with your kids again.

You COULD have chosen not to come here to explain. I really think it shows you have balls, that you did!

Best wishes and thoughts.
Lykke
:hug:

I feel "Judge Judy the movie"... directed by Quentin Tarantino coming.

t

lmao:silly2:

Hope u get ur shit back togeather muddy, looks like u got a big mountain of it to climb there. If it was me tbh logging onto a mmo game would be the last thing on my mind, althought i could see how it could be of comfort and a help in getting things bk to good, gl dude:)

OH btw'popping a cap in his knee' got to say im really glad i live in england where guns are banned, amount of times i might have shot some-one in the heat of the moment if i had easy access to a gun ...and then regretting it big time when i cooled down.

Last edited:
Status
Back