Suggestion: Explosive Projectiles BPs Balancing and fixing Mining profession

Ivo Jahrumble

Dominant
Society
The Great Pretenders
Ivo Jahrumble Rocha
Hello Entropians,

For a bit of context.

I play this game since 2006. I started playing poker at about the same time and still do with good results. In entropia previous to 2014 I was also able to compete on a limited budget with the big dogs mining using lvl7 amps. I see Entropia as an evolution of poker and play it using many concepts I use in poker as well.

Recently I reactivated my entropia account with 150€ and have been playing for the last 5 months or so. I have been analyzing the game, changes and doing my math on excel spreadsheets as most of us should do. I am not complaining about TT returs as Mindark needs to pay the bills. I accept the 95% TT return as fact and calculate from there the breakeven points for activities/craftings etc.

In this period of time something has been really bugging me. The fact that EP Bps use nanocubes from TT and this fact alone has a huge impact on the whole economy hurting the players mostly. To MindArk is indifferent, they still get their share.

I wrote a support ticket I will transcript here. If you support this change please send MindArk a suppor ticket referring your position on this and refer my case as well. Only in the presence of big number of players will be listened to and changes will be made.

If you are on the board to get back to a game with bragging rights and non boring swirlies hop in. As it is Im not having a lot of fun and a lot others seem to think the same.

Ticket ID: 410431 - Explosive Projectiles BPs Balancing and fixing Mining profession

To the attention of MindArk CEO and the Economy Balancing team for the game Entropia Universe.

Hello,

I play this game since 2006 and in 2014 you introduced the series of Explosive projectiles blueprints into the game.

These blueprints use Nanocubes, that can be aquired from the trade terminal, as only resource needed to craft Explosive projectiles and metal residue.

If you check the market history previous to 2014 you will notice that metal residue and preety much all the mined resources had higher markup than today.

The reason why preety much all the resources prices dropped is because they are not needed anymore to craft metal residue. This part of the economy became obsolete as there is a unfair competitor that uses trade terminal components to craft it.

I speak from experience as previous to 2014 I could cycle through the crafting machines all the materials I mined without needing to use the trade terminal to get liquidity. I could recycle all my mined resources into something and sell it. As it should be! I felt what I did made sense in game. These days 80% of my loot is TT food that feels and it is a factual loss in the long run every time I use the trade terminal to TT stuff.

Being that:
-this blueprints accounts for 5 out 5 in the top 5 positions for HOFs in game daily
-this blueprint is responsible for producing metal residue that is the most sold resource on auction daily with around 70kped sold daily and has 0% contribution in cleaning the economy of resources generated by other professions
-in loot 2.0 the cap to 99% max tt return exists, hence what i am suggesting makes even more sense.

For all these reasons I think the Explosives Projeciles series of blueprints should either be outside the economy (does not loot anything but shrapnel and EPs and still uses nanocubes)or use any kind of resource gathered by the other professions.

It cant be both as this way it disrupts the economy and completely unbalances the cycle of mined resources. In a Real Cash Economy the outside interference of the trade terminal components in crafting is nocive to creating a REAL economy. One that can be looked at as REAL and even more important trusty.

I am ok with paying my 5% rake, but I want a game with enough Markup to compete between players. Markup generated by players on a working, audited economy.

Entropia Universe is a platform capable of creating a game 5x times more complex than poker. If the economy does not work like clock work no mew players will take it serioulsy.

To put it in very simple terms. In this economy only the house wins. The players don´t even stand a chance to compete. If the house can win and the players can compete, the house will win much more "rake" as players will play a lot more and new players will also want a piece of the action.

On a 99% loot cap system it is even more important than the old days to have a economy that is circular and without interference from external sources. The "rake" the house takes from the liquidity pool will dictate how the economy is going as well.

To promote deposits a healthy economy is needed to start with. If everyone is an investor in LAs and deeds in your game, then who is playing it?

We started to play this game for the risk/reward ratio it had. One could have an edge in several forms and then the gambling feeling of hitting ATH. You guys took out the jackpots already in loot 2.0. EPs Bps dried the MU avaliable to pvp/compete for. The only thing that is left is decay.

I leave all this as suggestion and ask only one question:

Is it possible to create this game? Closed economy using ingame gathered resources for crafting so it cycles contantly and dries up liquidity with the "rake" the house has to take for obvious reasons, but allows the players to compete for markup against each other like a game of poker/monopoly, but is entropia.

As it stands and after doing all the math associated to this, I will stop my mining activities in Entropia Universe until I find that you adressed this matter and created a fair cycle for all resources to be created and have a place to die in your RCE economy.

If you need any more input or information on this I am avaliable to help. All I want is a fair economy for all players, one that makes sense. And a game that I see as having huge potetial become what it should be.

Best wishes,

jahrumble

All I want from this thread is that this game becomes what it should be. The greatest game in world, not just a tribute...

Any plans to make the 3 core gears start to turn together again MA?

Having crafters that don´t need to rely on other professions to "craft" defeats the soul purpose of the concept RCE.

Its clear cut math that these conditions only favour the house with players playing against the TT and discussing edges of 3% that are still below 100% total.

How hard is it to create a big turnover demand/supply chain for EPs crafters like old days for OA101s? Take out nanos from TT and resources reduce to nanos, most simplistic approach.

Please turn ON the core economy and we have a game to play! You will have tons of oportunities for cashgrab events on more deeds and LAs and passive income sale once the players numbers go up.

And you will also win a lot more money if players find more oportunities to play. Don´t worry to much if they win some. The rake you take out will make players have to deposit to create liquidity anyway.

At a time were some laughable competition just starting to add the gaming + real cash together, it would be a real wasted oportunity if Entropia doesn´t take advantage of the time and experience to get those players in. Make sure to have game well set up.

Last edited:
TL;DR:
Craft Explosive Projectiles I-IV with the cheap 4 basic Animal Oils and the cheap 4 basic Energy Matters/Mineral Ores

Result:
  • Basic Animal Oils are back up at 101%.
  • Basic Energy Matters are back up at 101%.
  • Basic Mineral Ores are back up at 101%.
  • Hunters are happy.
  • Miners are happy.
  • EP crafting is back in the game economy cycle.
  • real crafters are not affected

Last edited:
to balance things out if nanocube use for ep is removed you'd have to remove other things from tt to counteract it in other professions. Hope you are prepared to pay markup on crafted probes when they are removed from trade terminal! :)

to balance things out if nanocube use for ep is removed you'd have to remove other things from tt to counteract it in other professions. Hope you are prepared to pay markup on crafted probes when they are removed from trade terminal! :)

Shrapnel?

Don´t be narrow minded. 2 Profession supplys goods, 1 profession transforms goods. If the profession that transforms goods does not need the other 2 professions, the game stalls. That easy to understand m8.

What good thing would happen taking probes and ammo out of the TT? What is your issue with it? Please don´t be knob and say crafters want fairness... Adds nothing to the discussion.

Im all up for your idea, Make unL gear go next and in 10 years we be playing the game with 1k%MUs for everything. Resources and items.

There is no trading in the game, because it exist through the boxes... this is not the first such topic, so it is unlikely that anything will change. Buy boxes or die slow, there are no other gameplay. If you want to miss this, buy items for at least $50k.
I like your topic, don't get me wrong... there are 99% scumbags in the game, precisely because everything you describe is missing.

Back