04 Jan 2009

You wrote:

Hi guys,

Did mayhem event in itumatrox category.

Did I get disqualified ?

05 Jan 2009

Entropia Support:
Hi,

Unfortunately we can not provide this information. We will not publish more info than what already has been published about the results: http://account.entropiauniverse.com/pe/en/rich/107572.html

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

:scratch2:

Now that may mean nothing through a support case or it may mean nothing at all.

I did 36 hours of hunting over the christmas holidays.

I spent a lot of PEDS and time and effort.

I deserve to know at least if I was disqualified and why and also where I came considering all that hard work. I would like to know for next time.

I don't think its good enough just to say the above.:mad::confused:

Would be interested in the Communities thoughts on this.

Also, how can you determine who won an event based on mob points without understanding all of the mobs that were killed by every person in the event.

You cannot surely do that by number of mobs killed since if I killed 10 stalkers = 100 points but would have to kill 100 young to get same points. So you have to calculate for every competitor I would have thought.

Something doesn't smell right.:mad:

One other thing thats bugging me.

How come the winners list corresponds to global tracker so much ?

If you say more mobs killed generates more globals then this could be true for someone who killed 1000's of young but they would not win.

If you say that higher maturity gets more globals then we know this is not true.

Like I say very stinky :mad::confused::scratch2:

They posted a fairly long list of participants last time not sure why they won't do that now. I think Marco was looking into it so maybe support was not in the loop or maybe this decision was made and they forgot to inform us.

I for one would be interested to see where I ended up hunting mostly young-old spiders towards the back end of the contest.

If I dont see a complete list with names and scores then its all bullshit :)

Do judges at gymnastics keep the names and scores private and give us a final TOP10??? NO! Why should this competition any different?

I mean people spent LOADS of money on this "service" the LEAST Mindark can do for us is publish a list of at LEAST 200 people in EACH category with the SCORES they achieved.

Otherwise this competition is like picking 10 random names that we saw globaling a lot :)

TJ:bandit:

P.S. I hope Marco doesnt "accidentally forget" about this matter ;)

When you started the competition, you invested MA with the trust that the competition is fair. So there is no reason to complain. This kind of behavior from MA made me not to go in this contest, even tho I know I could have won easy a harness in a normal competition. I hope MA will do something to make us trust their competitions in future, because this kind of organizing things smells like (put the word I don't want to have moderators delete for me...)

What did i do wrong this time? ;)

'Tis a shame there isn't a full list, or at least the possibility for a participant to know there own placing.

Stinky:yay:

Guys,

If you say more mobs killed generates more globals then this could be true for someone who killed 1000's of young but they would not win.

If you say that higher maturity gets more globals then we know this is not true.

Something fishy about an MA event.... lol... your kidding right ? They would never even think about pre-choosing the winners based on how valued that player was to them, they would make it very fair and give everyone an equal chance, and they TOTALLY have the capability to track everyones movements, playing time and number of kills on specific mobs and maturities.... (disclaimer : sarcasm)

If I asked for a list of every transaction and mob I'd killed plus total TT value of loot, they wouldn't be able to provide it, bcos they're simply not that good.

Further Disclaimer: I don't dislike them for their lack of tracking and co-ordination, I am just realistic about what i expect from EU

Disappointed at the response but can't say I'm surprised.

Last years list showed a lot of players quite well placed in the list who had killed only a relatively small number of the event creatures just through their normal hunting or even mining activities without actually intending to participate in the event.

This opened a large window into the number of active players and I don't think it reflected what MA would like to have in the public domain therefore it's not surprising to see it being withheld this year.

Last edited:
I don't like their answer at all.
MA should tell you guys how you did (I didn't play in it).
Christmas time + a lots of money...

Why would the result be a secret anyway?
This is very ugly...

Last edited:
Why would the result be a secret anyway?
one innoculus answer may be that the complete list gives a fair indication how large(small?) the true (regular) playerbase is.

There are other reasons/conspiracy theories that people may surmise as well.

Stinky:yay:

When you started the competition, you invested MA with the trust that the competition is fair. So there is no reason to complain. This kind of behavior from MA made me not to go in this contest, even tho I know I could have won easy a harness in a normal competition. I hope MA will do something to make us trust their competitions in future, because this kind of organizing things smells like (put the word I don't want to have moderators delete for me...)

I agree Hawk
I only wish my husband and I would have come to the same conclusion you did and not participated in this event. Instead we invested(deposited) way way too much money into it.
My husband(killer) made a support asking for his rank or if he was disqualifed and got the same response as you Rumple.
I new this event would be a learning lesson for us, maybe to better prepare us for next year, but now I wonder if the lesson was to teach us to not even consider doing an event. :(

Just to play devil's advocate to your post but really what do they have to gain by running a competition with skewed results? :dunno: This last MM was open to all levels of hunters and all types of tactics to win the prizes. If you thought you had a good chance of getting a MM harness why not go for it?:scratch2: I know if I had the right gear and not supporting AoW as a group I would have tried my best to get one.

Now I would not mind seeing the results because it would be interesting to see where I did end up hunting little spiders the last few days of the competition nothing more nothing less really.

If you trust MA enough to deposit and trust them to send you funds when you withdraw I can't see making a big stink over events and competitions. Its not like the winners in all levels of this last competition sat around an waited for their prize. From what I saw during my time in the Spider fields every person and their support in the top 4 from my level was out there downing big spiders it was an intense competition. I watched many of them closely managing their time and I am sure they did us as well. It was each team or person's responsibility to manage their own time during the competition. They also had to choose the correct mobs and fields and tactics.

Maybe its not entirely possible for MA to run a totally transparent real time updated event like MM. Now it would be nice I agree and I would not mind seeing the results myself on a daily basis. I just don't know if its something in the realm of possibilities with the current system.

I just sometimes don't entirely get the "Trust" issues with MA :grumble: when most tend to give them more real life info and account information that could be more damaging than an event geared towards player participation.

I see a lot of complaints about MM this year but I bet next year there will be lots of participants again. :rolleyes:

In all my time here I learned that I, as an individual, I don't matter to MA. So why bother trying to change things and complain for not getting good loot or loosing peds? :scratch2: It's like fighting with wind. If I start to complain on EF and say that I quit, others will take my place and EU will go on.

Ubers and noobs leave, others take their place, it's a normal cycle. Nobody is in EU forever.

MA won't disclose inside information about EU because they need to keep their platform secure. The best way to do this is to give as little information as possible to their player base and this is exactly what they do atm.

I was actually surprised when I saw last year that they made public a list with inside information about number of mobs killed by each avatar that participated to MM.

Sitram

Last edited:
Ubers and noobs leave, others take their place, it's a normal cycle. Nobody is in EU forever.

Only until I die... lmao... :)

I will be very surprised if the list has any scores. Places i see no problem with being published. And stop acting like spoilt brats pls ppl

"we want a scoreboard" etc

is getting very tired

I will be very surprised if the list has any scores. Places i see no problem with being published. And stop acting like spoilt brats pls ppl

"we want a scoreboard" etc

is getting very tired

Tell me a good reason, why we cant see scores of this event??? It would just show us how much more we have to try next year

Last edited:
I dont suspect foul play, but I do suspect laziness. They made a very nice final list last year. Surely whatever method they used to calculate top 10 this year can be used to calculate top N. I was curious to see the actual scores this year.. oh well. I guess when it takes them 2 weeks to place an item in the winners inventory (0_o) we shouldnt be too surprised they cant be asked to publish full results.

Tell me a good reason, why we cant see scores of this event??? It would just show us how much more we have to try next year

Because showing the scores of each player would mean that people can calculate the rough amount of active players. Obviously MA don't want this but still I don't see how you can't be satisfied with just knowing your position.

Either way you know that to get any sort of prize your going to have to work your arse off and employ the best tactics, both of those arn't influenced at all by you knowing your score. And afterall your not playing against the system, your playing against other players, so as long as you work harder and have better tactics then the other people in your category then you'll be fine.

~Tracer

Year ago the list was very long and somehow MA managed to get these values. I even remember finding myself on that list, altough I didn't compete and more even: I broke the rules anyway by staying online too long, so even if I did take part in the competition, I should be disqualified...
So if they could do it year ago why they can't publish the score board this year? Let me think: year ago they were able to check how many mobs each players killed and this year they are not. Am I missing something or does it mean that they lied either year ago or now? I didn't see changed anything database related altough I check new features with new VUs. It seems to mean that if they are not able to track amount of mobs killed (and they wrote me some time ago that they can't tell me how many mobs I killed), they have lied year ago and list of winers year ago was made up...
I guess they do not publish the list now because of lazyness, and that they don't want to check it for all participants because of lazyness, not because being not fair. But ffs, they are being well paid for their time and where money are involved trust is very important factor, so for PR sake they definetely should post full scoreboard.

Because showing the scores of each player would mean that people can calculate the rough amount of active players. Obviously MA don't want this but still I don't see how you can't be satisfied with just knowing your position.

Either way you know that to get any sort of prize your going to have to work your arse off and employ the best tactics, both of those arn't influenced at all by you knowing your score. And afterall your not playing against the system, your playing against other players, so as long as you work harder and have better tactics then the other people in your category then you'll be fine.

~Tracer

Was it 2000 players on the list for the first year? That in no way can determine the amount of activity other than those who participated in the event. I played pretty much every day during the first Merry Mayhem and I never showed on that list because I did not hunt the event mobs. I knew I could not compete given the amount of time I could play. I did however in my mining trips kill some of the event mobs but still never showed on the list. I think many did that as well and then you have to add in all the crafters, miners, and sweat gathers. It gave a small sample of the active participants who killed the event mobs.

People can and do calculate the rough amount of participants based on the global trackers which still leaves a wide amount of room for those who don't global yet still play EU. If MA did not want people gathering rough estimates about participants in EU I don't think the tracker sites would have lasted this long.

Give it time maybe they will suprise us with the results maybe not its entirely up to them. While I am very curious about the results I am more curious about CE2 which is where MA's manpower is focused.

i was sure, that an ava i healed during event was going to win a price. He didn`t and so far he got no information why...
Will be interrestning to see why, i would say three things, 1) MA bugged something 2) He missed a timeframe by a minute 3) he is place 11 on the list. ;)

Guys,

This was never intended as a scorecard whinge (immortal).

I have put a lot of effort and money into this game to improve my ava so that I can compete in events.

I intended this as my first one to give me a pointer as to how I needed to improve for next one. I am unable to do this without knowing how I did compared to the winners.

I would also like this answered

Also, how can you determine who won an event based on mob points without understanding all of the mobs that were killed by every person in the event.

You cannot surely do that by number of mobs killed since if I killed 10 stalkers = 100 points but would have to kill 100 young to get same points. So you have to calculate for every competitor I would have thought.

Something doesn't smell right.

and for your information I did put in a previous support case during event and got this answer

27 Dec 2008 You wrote:
Hi,

Just entered Merry Mayhem 2008.

Is there anywhere that I can see my points and/or see my points in relation to other people in my category please.

Regards

28 Dec 2008 Entropia Support:
Hi,

Unfortunately you need to keep track of points yourself. However we can tell you this much:

Date Count Loot value
2008-12-26 00:00:00 372 2825.33
2008-12-27 00:00:00 602 1720.74
2008-12-28 00:00:00 763 3586.78

Kind regards,

Can some of you clever ppl enlighten me as trust is integral to this game.

Thanks

Unfortunately we can not provide this information. We will not publish more info than what already has been published about the results: http://account.entropiauniverse.com/pe/en/rich/107572.html

Kind regards,

Before Christmas and all the events started taking place, the MA Staff that frequents this forum promised to improve communications... :( Guess they were all drunk from early Christmas parties and started making shit up again.
Entropia ever make you feel like an ass (as in the carrot-and-stick kind)?

im all with you rumple... MA(support) you really know how to piss at people.

They showed us a BIG list last year, why not this year?

People play games ultimately for bragging rights.

I beat so-n-so, neer-ner!

From 10cent arcade machines through the 80's n 90's (getting your intials at the top of the list on the cabinet) to online gaming now it's all about where you place, and who you beat.

Knowing where you placed this year acts as a motivational tool to do better next time. :wise:

Gaming is all about pwnage.

We're all gamers, otherwise we wouldn't be here.

MA should know this by now.

Jamhot

I am not a database engineer so I don't have the exact way it is done, but one additional thing, beyond the kill-point calculation, is the the checking of the time constraints which is quite heavy. Right now we just had to check it for 40 people (4 categories x 10 winners). It is another thing to go through the top 2000 or so. Something like that. It can be done, but it takes time and resources. Once I get back from my Christmas leave I'll investigate it as stated in an earlier message.

Like Marco promised he will look into this after his x-mas holiday. He promised us the list, so we are going to get the list, i'm sure of that. And if you're not in the list, you are disqualified.

Not stinky at all, more hunting gives more globals. Easy as that, and if you were only killing youngs you would have stand no chance against the Stalker hunters. Since stalker give 10 times the points but don't take 10 times the time needed to kill.

Can some of you clever ppl enlighten me as trust is integral to this game.

Thanks

From a Spider point of view it takes a whole helluva lot of ammo to kill a Stalker than a Young. Teams were plowing through Stalker-Dominant really really fast spending lots of PED in the process. To me High HP regen mobs tend to global more and the more you kill the more they global but sometimes that is dependant on other factors like the looting avatar which I think Marco stated once. While I cannot speak for all the winners in my category I think most knew if you wanted a chance for the top prize you had to kill as many 10pt Stalkers as fast as you could. I saw a number of people hunting Young-Old spiders and doing OK and I even saw a number of nice globals and HOFs myself when hunting them after we finished the team action.

My kill speed even on a Young spider was not a match for any team or individual avatar with better equipment that could hunt old-dominant on their own and kill them just about as fast.

If you kill more mobs you get more chances to global. I think that is why the global tracker corresponds to the winners list. Although it was quite possible any avatar could have had a really bad loot streak and done very well so long as their kill speed was high and they were hunting the right maturity mob to gain them the most points.

1 Young spiders = 1 pts (1660 hit points)
1 Mature = 2pts (1820)
1 Old = 3pts (2100)
1 Provider = 4pts (2390)
1 Guardian = 5pts (2670)
1 Dominant = 6pts (2780)
1 Alpha = 7pts (2280)
1 Old Alpha = 8pts (2970)
1 Powler = 9pts (3140)
1 Stalker spider = 10pts (3560)
Thanks to Entropedia for that info.

Is it worth it to team up on young or stalker spiders? I know our team could take down a stalker really fast and I am sure the other teams could as well. Also the young-old spider LA was not really set up to hunt them enmass. While there were a few concentrations here and there it was nothing like the other higher maturity spawns. IMO it just was not a great option even though I enjoyed and still enjoy killing the little ones.

Back