F@#K Calypso

Status

Mordrell

Stalker
Society
Supremacy Reign HQ
Mordrell Baas WHAT
I am done with this useless planet... left for Arkadia a while ago after seeing losses at every turn and no excitement only string of no loots. On Arkadia I get many globals and much better average return so much more excitement and bang for my buck. I have lost loads there as well but was fun doing so and losses are due more to having to tt many stuff then from poor returns in the first place. I returned to Calypso yesterday night to do some team hunting with soc m8's on chompers... gave bad returns, hunted some big feff this morning.... crap returns, hunted some trox .... crap returns. Cycled 1,5k ammo with not even one global to show for it. Think most exciting thing was the 5 no loots I got in a row from Trox:confused:

I am going back to Arkadia and will leave this planet to ppl who like endless strings of ped sucking events, bad returns and paying for ATH's.

Cheers Mord

I am done with this useless planet... left for Arkadia a while ago after seeing losses at every turn and no excitement only string of no loots. On Arkadia I get many globals and much better average return so much more excitement and bang for my buck. I have lost loads there as well but was fun doing so and losses are due more to having to tt many stuff then from poor returns in the first place. I returned to Calypso yesterday night to do some team hunting with soc m8's on chompers... gave bad returns, hunted some big feff this morning.... crap returns, hunted some trox .... crap returns. Cycled 1,5k ammo with not even one global to show for it. Think most exciting thing was the 5 no loots I got in a row from Trox:confused:

I am going back to Arkadia and will leave this planet to ppl who like endless strings of ped sucking events, bad returns and paying for ATH's.

Cheers Mord

Lol, fyi, same game mechanics in the entire entropia universe. Calypso game mechanics are the same as Arkadia game mechanics

What you are experiencing is good periods and bad periods...it doesnt matter where you are

Cya

Rgds

Ace

So you hunted a much too strong, high hp, high regen mob - Eviscerator - had high defensive costs and hence had bad returns but it is somehow Calypso that is at fault?

hate to agree, but you will have good and bad returns on any planet you will go to. Not that there aren't plenty of other reasons to visit the other planets :cool:

Ok, bye. You might be interested in arkadiaforum.com for your further adventures and commetary.

Thats an advertisement for arkadia right there! :D
But I do not believe that you will do better on different planet :)

So you hunted a much too strong, high hp, high regen mob - Eviscerator - had high defensive costs and hence had bad returns but it is somehow Calypso that is at fault?

Evicerator is not a very high hp.... blah blah mob ... stopped hunting them because after 3k peds cycled I had yet to get one global. Bad returns were not due to high defense costs:laugh: The small hunt I did on Evicerator is perhaps 1% of the hunting I did in the last few weeks lol

Lol, fyi, same game mechanics in the entire entropia universe. Calypso game mechanics are the same as Arkadia game mechanics

What you are experiencing is good periods and bad periods...it doesnt matter where you are

I am not 2 month old player, I have experienced many good and bad periods during my time playing EU. But even in the bad periods you should still be getting at least one global for every 300-400peds ammo cycled.... which makes hunting fun. Doing grind after grind on every mob on Calypso and getting consistently bad returns is not very fun.

Thats an advertisement for arkadia right there!
But I do not believe that you will do better on different planet

Been on Arkadia for 3 weeks now and granted I have lost 7k peds during that time I have also had 55 solo hunting globals and nearly double that in team hunts. During bad periods there I had at least one global per 400ped ammo burned and in good times had 9 globals in small 300ped ammo team hunt with soc m8. I also gained 10hp, many levels and got nearly entire nemi set from tier 1 to tier 2. Most of my losses have been because of playing the slot "crafting" machines.... but during all I had fun.

Anyway enough said loot has been going bad on calypso for few months now and many ppl I have talked to agree... to many events... deff nerfed mobs... and poor returns all around.

Some food for thought, just spoke to soc m8 who says he killed an entire 1k trox with no globals.... that is just insane and an oobvious rip off.

Thats an advertisement for arkadia right there! :D
But I do not believe that you will do better on different planet :)

I'm sorry, what is the advert?
They harbor people with bitchy attitudes?
Doesn't sound good....

Last edited:
You can cycle 10k peds and not get a global, anybody playing for awhile knows that. Its how you cycle the peds is what will make or break you. Example you take a Svempa XT or DOA SH that you are NOT maxed on to kill shit mobs like fouls, atrax, allophyl, atrox, feffoids. Of course you will have shitty returns.

Im not saying you do this by any means, im just illistrating my point. Maybe its time to rethink the way you play ;)

~Danimal

You can cycle 10k peds and not get a global, anybody playing for awhile knows that. Its how you cycle the peds is what will make or break you. Example you take a Svempa XT or DOA SH that you are NOT maxed on to kill shit mobs like fouls, atrax, allophyl, atrox, feffoids. Of course you will have shitty returns.

Im not saying you do this by any means, im just illistrating my point. Maybe its time to rethink the way you play ;)

~Danimal

I agree that you can cycle that much with no globals but on mobs with 1k+hp with regen this is just not normal. I also only use maxed guns with correct amps... although I am not too armor or fap eco concerned. I am not complaining about losing peds.... that is to be expected, and I play for fun anyway. The problem i have is with the rate of losses and extremely poor returns i am receiving while hunting on Calypso.

Cya

Rgds

Ace

Not really the case, while tt returns might be the same and the system too, Arkadia does have a way more even tt distribution among hunts/mining runs. Thus no weeks/months of 50-70% tt runs only... which irritates many players here on Calypso... (on the other hand, 5 digit hofs on Arkadia are nigh impossible if u didnt lose accordingly on Calypso or such before u went there.) At least so it seems for me so far.

Several other players I know that also camped there have confirmed this.

I agree that you can cycle that much with no globals but on mobs with 1k+hp with regen this is just not normal. I also only use maxed guns with correct amps... although I am not too armor or fap eco concerned. I am not complaining about losing peds.... that is to be expected, and I play for fun anyway. The problem i have is with the rate of losses and extremely poor returns i am receiving while hunting on Calypso.

Like I said it's all about how you play and cycle peds. You have to have the correct amount of DPS for the mob you are going after. I like to normally stick in the 67-70DPs range for any mobs that do regen like feffoids, atrox etc.. you also have to cycle just the correct amount of peds as well. For example when I was heavily camping Aurli's on CP I was burning through about 15k peds each time I went out and would come back with averages of 80%-100% returns (after markup). Don't just focus on one mob type though, go after a few mobs. Like I'm sure on Arkadia you are going after yuka, huon? You're probably seeing "more" of a return rate hunting them because they do have xxxx HP but in all reality you aren't making your peds back, you are just getting your "return" faster than rather spread out like it is on Calypso. Start graphing your HUNT runs on different planets you will see that there is really no difference in the end in reguards to returs but the only difference is when you see the most returns.

Your Hunting runs can consist of one mob or multiple mobs but just don't go after shitty mobs like fouls, molisks, etc...

~Danimal

ah! one less bitch on Calypso.. one day the planet will be clean O_O!!!

anyways, good luck out there and have fun. Thats the important thing about playing this thing. And another thing, theres a word people use that i dunno what it means but its popular, its called DYNAMIC!!

I'm leaving! Really, really leaving! But I need to justify my reasons to everyone who questions them first!!

Just go already.

...useless thread...

... On Arkadia I get many globals and much better average return...

I've heard people change societies to get better loot and some tracking perception gains... :girl:

whatever makes you happy - good luck! =)

J.

Some food for thought, just spoke to soc m8 who says he killed an entire 1k trox with no globals.... that is just insane and an oobvious rip off.
Last month; first atrox I shot down gave a global :eek:, insane right? ;). It's dynamic and if your having more fun on Arkadia then stay there mate, lots of ppl hunt for lots of reasons, your after globals & I'm after markup.

Each to their own :)

There is no "What would you suggest? How can I hunt better? When to stop a hunt? Am I doing something odd? etc etc" in the OP. Though there is some good food for thought in the replies :)

Ultimately this is yet another loot whine thread without purpose.

:locked:

Status
Back