Question: Failed accessing the update server.

NRJ

Old
Society
~ Auctioneers ~
Nadine Rainbow Jacqueline
Hello there

I need a bit of help. I tried to logg in EU and give this message to me ''Failed accessing the update server.'' When i open the EU icon it opens the EULA and thats all and after the error messages is ''Make sure your internet connection is working and that your security software is correctly configured. If the outage is temporary the Client Loader will attempt to resolve the issue automatically (click Retry).''

My IE works smooth i don't have any prbs with it so i dont know what to do i uninstaled now i cant even instal game back. What i have changed in the house i made a wireless con. and i added a USB wireless in the PC to have signal from there. USB supports N technology as well my router. They communicate between them so :))?

Ty 4 all help and im looking forward to see any kind of :)

No need more help ty :)) Managed to fix it ....

help please

An error occurred when trying to download a file.

Failed downloading: updates/update_12.5.5.95224-12.5.6.95298.exe

Invalid file stream

upload this file pls or another help plese

ive got this problem now too , how did you manage the fix ?

Sorry to Necro this post
But im having the same issues with my connection that the OP had (Fail to connect to the update server) and want to know how OP fixed this issue.
Zed

Sorry to Necro this post
But im having the same issues with my connection that the OP had (Fail to connect to the update server) and want to know how OP fixed this issue.
Zed

When the game crashed, it did not fully unload. Open up the task manager and kill entropia.exe and you should be fine.

Thnx OZtwo but its a little more than client didnt unload.

Ive rebooted maybe 5 or 6 times now reset the modem,changed modems from the generic from my isp to a netgear 300,
Tried reinstalling the client from EU website and still get the Fail to connect to update server,

Support says to update the firmware on my modem but its a brand new modem(netgear 300)
Also they say to connect directly to the internet bypassing my router??cant be done here im afraid.
why can i play for months on end without an issue and in the last 2 weeks have constant disconnections and finally
not be able to even load the client loader.
seems sus to me
Zed

Maybe check your router if you have accidentally set a port forwarding to a certain IP inside your network, or if not, try temporarily create a demilitarized zone (DMZ) assigned you your computer's IP inside your network for incoming connections. Never know.

Hey lucky,
thnx for the responce,
I reset the modem to factory settings just to make sure i didn't accidentally set a port forwarding. as i was looking in there for a solution.
Didnt make any diference:(
DMZ ? haven't a clue what to do there:)
Ive been reading the news web site and our Government had blocked 250000 ip addresses last few days.
Im wondering if this has anything to do with it.
Im in Nth Korea...no sorry Australia i forgot.

Perhaps try setting these ports to you computers IP in the router then:

20, 21 (TCP Outbound) - Additional TCP Port outbound for passive mode FTP
30584 (UDP inbound/outbound)
30583 (TCP Outbound)

That's the info that used to be on the calypso site somewhere.

Why after 18 mths of playing with the same modem with out an issue and between one log in and the next i cant connect anymore?
I dont think its the modem at all,i think its something else that's beyond my PC/Modem..
What id like is the ips address of the server so i can ping it from different connections to narrow it down.
Any idea what it is?

Unfortunately not every download is complete some corrupt due to fails in connectivity or other corruption that inherently occur in windows.

1st use the Entropia repair tool, your find that via the initial interface before user nme and password... yes we know you know!

May I suggest you roll back via windows (7 I guess) to former working version to an earlier workable date and then re boot and install updates again!
If this fails it looks like a full re- install.

I always keep a cloned image of my working drive using software to a spare drive.
This allows for these errors and capacity to re- image a working drive without pain to one suitable to be rebooted without issue then changed in Bios to primary drive and update again to work.
I've found OO disk image to be adequate along with a few others.
Good Luck

BTW is your modem IPV6 enabled ...not that that means much with EU ;)

Hey Xaph,
I cant get to the launch window to get to tools because as soon as i click accept on the TOU i get the popup window saying "Failed to connect":(
no my modem isn't IPV6 enabled.does this make a difference?EUs been playable for 18 months without it.

i did to a system restore but only a few days back.ill try restoring back 1 month to see if that makes a difference.
thnx for your advice.
bbs
Zed

Failed accessing the update server.

dislike.png

Unfortunately not every download is complete some corrupt due to fails in connectivity or other corruption that inherently occur in windows.

May I suggest you roll back via windows (7 I guess) to former working version to an earlier workable date and then re boot and install updates again!
If this fails it looks like a full re- install.

;)

You Sir Need to apply to MA for a job in their Support department.
Ive restore to a point 2 weeks ago when i installed a windows update and what do you know,
As soon as i click Eu icon i get the "Ask permission to install Eu stuff":yay:
So far so good.
Downloading required content atm,
this is the furthest ive been since all this started.
Will keep you posted on my Progress
Thnx again
Zed

One month back on system restore seems adequate given there has not been frequent updates over that period!
This leads me to think your system has issues with windows explorer content or other issue that has been corrupted elsewhere in dll files.
I suggest running malware bytes (free) I pay for the pro version to see if there is a hijack in bios or main files...it's the best...there is a few others I use too ...pm me!

Given I don't have access to your OS I cant assist without looking at your basic system.
Having had this scenario occur many times before, without cloning software, I've given up and reloaded windows.... GL:)

Ive restore to a point 2 weeks ago when i installed a windows update and what do you know,
So far so good.
Thnx again
Zed

Thankyou Mr Longcloud, I have suggested the next step as an advanced approach too. These are work around that may be of assistance to fellow Entropians:)
I do highly recommend over all Malwarebytes.org to prevent malware
A decent registry cleaner (infrequently used...I specify every use no greater than 3-6 months... not too frequently) or independently edit your registry that's a different league! Tools can corrupt your system) i.e.
CC cleaner or Regzooka seem to be most popular!
Cloning a working drive an updating that every 3 months is also wise to prevent grief, they provide a fall back position without a full re- install of windows.

So far so good.
Thnx again
Zed

Schmick That's fabulous result.
Frigin in the Riggin
Enjoy the vid beit old!

Had the same issues last week, did a system restore to two weeks prior since had a large windows update, fixed the problem, whatever it was.

Its been a little over a month since ive had the op issue.
Everything seems to be going as should be. Except ofc the constant CTD and disconnections
CTD maybe my system tho its only a couple years old,Time to get more ram and better gfx card. I have the NVidia 9600 gt any suggestions?
the disconnections I think are from my isp,Have to wait till Oct before I can change isp(contract)
thnx everyone for their help
Zed
quad core
4g ram\
NVidia 9600gt
etc

Found this now and a very easy solution is to open internet explosrer so its online just clicked on random website and now EU works :) I always use firefox so explorer cries and goes offline mode ;)

I was having this issue today, though I log in multiple times a day, this just happened out of the blue, so hardware issues shouldn't be affecting the one program that doesn't work.

So the other variable is the location.

Here is how to verify the path (for those who may not know):
open your command prompt. Type in cmd or command, and you will see a black text box.

Now ping a working site by typing "ping www.yahoo.com" or similar common national site to verify a localized link, then try "ping www.entropiauniverse.com".

Yahoo for me is 15 hops alone from colorado to seattle. entirely possible it stops at 24 and you could think thats got to be MA server...it may not be still.

Normal conditions it will tick at intervals with a line of data.

If it cannot get a packet correctly it will display a " * ", and become slower as it waits for the response.
Sometimes it may show a packet not get a few, show a couple more, ect.

If it is a partial link or not working, then:
1. You could try to reset your network card through control panel and networking settings.
2. You could also try to reset your router.
3. You can verify the routers on the way work.

Type "tracert www.entropiauniverse.com" it should get a reply for each packet at each point of transfer ( a router) Alot of the time you will hit one that simply stops reporting.
This means it is beyond your control, a router or line went down and the redunancy didn't kick in.

you could try the last known router, and ping that ip directly, it may show missed packets (ping x -t If you want to see a constant stream), if not its probably the next router down the line or the line itself.

I also use eve-online to ping and tracert, simply because they both pass via the northern end of europe, and if a router is down along the way, both typically will show the same result for me. IF not, then it could be MA or a router past the split, usually nederlands to sweden.
If you were really feeling the need I think you can look these providers up and contact them to alert them of the problem, who could sent a call for a fix to the right people.
And I suppose that for a complete MA server issue (or block) verification it might be checked with "www.kammarrattenigoteborg.domstol.se" Which I doubt is ever down, probably other stable sites, but anywhere you go justice sites/govt sites are good bets to try.
http://whois.domaintools.com/xx.xxx.xx.xxx (the last known IP here)

This was the case for my issue, it seemed one of the regional routers about 6 hops in was the problem child.
Then about 20 minutes later, the router was up, but it stopped 15 jumps in albany new york.
with a 40ms delay from the 6th "restarted" router, still a problem child.

Use up arrow to get past queries. add -t to the end of the request for a constant stream, followed by Cntrl+c to stop.

Issue has been resolved for me, when the albany servers got restarted.

Something to try anyhow before reinstalling.

Found this now and a very easy solution is to open internet explosrer so its online just clicked on random website and now EU works :) I always use firefox so explorer cries and goes offline mode ;)

had the same problem today and your post helped me. i just started IE and i noticed that was set on offline browsing, dunno how or when because i dont use it. I swithed it back on line and problem solved :wtg:

I'll just bump this and say that opening Internet Explorer worked for some reason :)) just hope i don't have to do that each time :))

I was having this issue today, though I log in multiple times a day, this just happened out of the blue, so hardware issues shouldn't be affecting the one program that doesn't work.

So the other variable is the location.

Here is how to verify the path (for those who may not know):
open your command prompt. Type in cmd or command, and you will see a black text box.

Now ping a working site by typing "ping www.yahoo.com" or similar common national site to verify a localized link, then try "ping www.entropiauniverse.com".

Yahoo for me is 15 hops alone from colorado to seattle. entirely possible it stops at 24 and you could think thats got to be MA server...it may not be still.

Normal conditions it will tick at intervals with a line of data.

If it cannot get a packet correctly it will display a " * ", and become slower as it waits for the response.
Sometimes it may show a packet not get a few, show a couple more, ect.

If it is a partial link or not working, then:
1. You could try to reset your network card through control panel and networking settings.
2. You could also try to reset your router.
3. You can verify the routers on the way work.

Type "tracert www.entropiauniverse.com" it should get a reply for each packet at each point of transfer ( a router) Alot of the time you will hit one that simply stops reporting.
This means it is beyond your control, a router or line went down and the redunancy didn't kick in.

you could try the last known router, and ping that ip directly, it may show missed packets (ping x -t If you want to see a constant stream), if not its probably the next router down the line or the line itself.

I also use eve-online to ping and tracert, simply because they both pass via the northern end of europe, and if a router is down along the way, both typically will show the same result for me. IF not, then it could be MA or a router past the split, usually nederlands to sweden.
If you were really feeling the need I think you can look these providers up and contact them to alert them of the problem, who could sent a call for a fix to the right people.
And I suppose that for a complete MA server issue (or block) verification it might be checked with "www.kammarrattenigoteborg.domstol.se" Which I doubt is ever down, probably other stable sites, but anywhere you go justice sites/govt sites are good bets to try.
http://whois.domaintools.com/xx.xxx.xx.xxx (the last known IP here)

This was the case for my issue, it seemed one of the regional routers about 6 hops in was the problem child.
Then about 20 minutes later, the router was up, but it stopped 15 jumps in albany new york.
with a 40ms delay from the 6th "restarted" router, still a problem child.

Use up arrow to get past queries. add -t to the end of the request for a constant stream, followed by Cntrl+c to stop.

Issue has been resolved for me, when the albany servers got restarted.

Something to try anyhow before reinstalling.

I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to say how much your post helped me today. After no issues in years I tried to log on today and got the "unable to connect to update server" message. Instead of freaking out I found your post and started pinging and tracing, stuff I've never really done before. After tracing I found out that everything was stopping at telia.net servers, which I guess are a big deal. I then pinged them directly and it went through. They probably had just fixed their issues by then. Needless to say, it looks like everything is working again, but I wanted to thank you for having the right information for my problem (even if it is a year later :D ). +rep

Tee

I had this problem today and I solved it by switching DNS settings...
My ISP didn't resolve the url used by the client loader :(
I never tried to flush the DNS though that might have worked, don't know.
But I've had problems with internet access on my TV the last week so it was time switching DNS server anyway.

From Mindark.
.Open these ports in your firewall/router:

◦20, 21 (TCP Outbound) - Additional TCP Port outbound for passive mode FTP
◦80 (Outbound)
◦30584 (UDP inbound/outbound)
◦30583 (TCP Outbound)
◦554 (TCP Inbound)

I've had a significant problem with crashing for at least 12 months after exactly 6 minutes logon.

Alas I was to lazy to sort this out along with further education (Ma degree pursuit)

Recently I began to raise support case's re the origin of this having ported the router as above.

Mindark were miffed = no f#@king idea.

I contacted the ISP who interestingly also provide VoiP and often block IP's and Ports from countries like Newkisthan yada yada yada . The ISP told me "no we don't block ports" ...."not us"

Back to square one... why cannot I logon to game for more than 6 minutes :scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

Done tracert in MA IP's = no issue.
Correct DHCP for ISP
DNS search is effective and shows no loss/error.
Firewall is passed through to IP and ports.
Low FTP rate for updates and play.

Last Night is the 1st time I had extended logon into EU for12 months, and yes the guy's/ gals at the rig failed and quartered my flesh

FFS Adulation...

I suspect it was the call to the ISP threating to leave:)))

Yes I am lazy But I do play when I can::smoke:)

GL all it's a maze:silly2:

Last edited:
Back