Failed login attempts from China?

Dragon Moon

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
Dragon Dark Moon
Anybody else got an email about failed login attempts on PCF? Somebody with an IP address from China seems to have tried to get into my account.

Dear Dragon Moon,

Someone has tried to log into your account on PlanetCalypsoForum.com with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 122.11.46.101

All the best,
PlanetCalypsoForum.com

I got a 3 emails, Indonesia, Georgia, and a web proxy

Had that twice, both from USA ;O

Dear Shard-Angel,

Someone has tried to log into your account on PlanetCalypsoForum.com with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 122.11.46.101

All the best,
PlanetCalypsoForum.com

===========================================

Dear Shard-Angel,

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 118.97.50.103

All the best,
PlanetCalypsoForum.com

===========================================

That's 10 attempts.

We need something like a Recapcha protection system for each login. But NOT google-recapcha, as its pi**-poor to read due to its garbledness. Perhaps use the forums' own search-capcha (what is not a fruit: apple, car, orange, banana) system for each login?

Thanks.

Nothing to worry about, I'd think. Unless they are successful and the account owner uses the same password for both, the Forum and EU.

Reactions: das
re SAME

:mad::mad:
i have had 2 attempts at my account today one was :-

Someone has tried to log into your account on PlanetCalypsoForum.com with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes. The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 118.97.50.103

and the second was

Someone has tried to log into your account on PlanetCalypsoForum.com with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes. The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 122.11.46.101

It worries me as I have built all my items up on eu and don't want to lose any.

Will subscribe to this thread,

Thanks

Robster

Re AS above

:mad::mad:

Both them ips for the attempt on mine are beijing and jakarta

Good luck

This appears to be some sort of automated attack which tries to brute force forum account passwords. The forum software uses several tools to prevent such attacks from succeeding. One of those tools is the email alerts some of you have received and posted in this thread.

I have banned the IP addresses provided in this thread.

Most member accounts should be safe from these bots, but I would advise anyone who has a very simple password (for example, a single dictionary word or a variation of the login name) to change their password to something more difficult to guess. Consider including numbers, special characters or punctuation in the password to protect your account

I would also recommend the following best practices to EVERYONE who values their Entropia Universe account:

• Use a unique password for your Entropia Universe account. Do NOT use this password on ANY other websites, email accounts, etc.
  • Never transmit your Entropia Universe username or password to anyone over the internet.
  • Be sure that your computer has an updated anti-virus software installed (e.g. ESET, AVG, Nod32) equipped with the latest virus definitions
  • Most importantly: GET A GOLD CARD!

Hi, you can also add this Ip to the banned list. This just came in the e-mail:
Dear Alexs,

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 212.233.140.161

Back