Falling in love with Arkadian Textures

jaywalker

Stalker
Society
-TAO-
Juniper Jaywalker Jones
(This isn't exactly a sales thread but i will be selling all of these...well, apart from my orange Caraboc sports shirt! so do feel free to make offers. This thread is basically to show off what i can do with my noobish skills :) )

I like creating things but I never took much interest in texturing before, because you used to need to skill up to level 20 and beyond before anything really interesting was in your reach. And I really have to watch my PED card. Then I saw the new Arkadian textures and thought: hey! These can really liven the old flame pattern shirt! And hey! They are affordable...mostly. And hey!you can do some great things with just level 2, so there's some real encouragement to skill up at last!:yay:

This sports shirt is one of my early experiments (somewhere around level 2) and is the easiest of all, using carabok texture plus orange paint, in varying saturations. I love it and don't intend to part with it! (But if anyone wants something similar...)

orange_carabok_sports_shirt2.jpg

Here are all the textures I have used in this post (not all the textures I can use). Carabok is green as you see, mostly used for creating a "combat jacket" look.

texture_for_thread2.jpg

Yep! Green plus orange makes everything from red to yellow! The pants are textured in Tiarak, which I can craft but not yet apply (I got Kitten to apply it), Tiarak is naturally deep violet, verging on black. Adding orange to that you get a wide range of reds.

Now , here's what I can do with those flame Shirts (and a texturing level still below 6). For the purple one at the top I added blue to Jori Texture on two of the fields and a slight dusting of ostelok on the third field to create a gauzy effect

purple_jori_flame.jpg

yellow_jori_flame.jpg

blue_luna_plus_jori_flame.jpg

The dark blue was created using Halix texture. I used Arkace texture and a lttle bit of blue on the arms of the Luna shirt.

And here's that Luna shirt in purple, again using Halix and Arkace. The jeans are textured in natural Tiarak.

luna_purple_front.jpg
luna_purple_back2.jpg

Oh! And I nearly fogo!. Here's Alaina Bonnie Scotia modelling the dazzling Jori skirt she commissioned me to texture for Miss calyso! (She said that I ought to make a thread )

alaina-purple_jori_skirt.jpg

Thanks for looking! Saving next post to add some more things another day

jay :)

Last edited:
purple_stripea.jpg
multi_stripe.jpg

stripes created using Halix and Jori textures

More to come...

Last edited:
Ah Jay you got my good side! :laugh:

I love all the funky new combinations you come up with, and all the excitment of the next set you will conjure up next. Ty so much for my awesome skirt, ive not took it off! ( I know, wil lneed a wash :silly2:)

Hopfully with get some great textured clothes from you soon :D

Awesome texture & colour combinations Jay. :thumbup:
Great work with the skirt you did for Alaina too.
Can't wait to see you come out with a few Jaywalker designer sets. :laugh:

Cool textures.
A new breathe of creativity is welcomed from arkadia owners, Gz (this change...).

But "God" is the law, everywhere in his universe...

I too love the Carabok texture. Attempted to texture my helicopter with it, didn't go as planned (I just *LOVE* the current texture system :( ) Next I want to see what some clothing looks like, such as a coat and beret for a more military look. Keep the pictures coming! It's great to see new creative ideas for these nice textures.

Very nice! Thanks for the pictures & information. :)

tyvm for the encouragement, guys

2 more pics added

Arcadian skin had a very smooth texture to facilitate movement in the water and had a thick epidermis to protect against sudden temperature changes. The skin also contained chemical compounds that allowed some nourishment via photosynthesis. Skin color ranged from light blue to pale yellow.

Wow! Surprised to se this old thread getting a bump, a whole year later
I can do a lot more textures now. And a couple more colours. So maybe I should do a follow-up thred "Still in love wuth Arkadian textures"?

But anyways, if you want to see more, you can always click the link in my sig :)

Arcadian skin had a very smooth texture to facilitate movement in the water and had a thick epidermis to protect against sudden temperature changes. The skin also contained chemical compounds that allowed some nourishment via photosynthesis. Skin color ranged from light blue to pale yellow.

I think you mean jori skin? ;) Not all of the Arkadian animals swim.

Back