Fapping No More????

TeesMaarKhan

Prowler
Society
Shaolin
Tees Maar Khan - Formerly The Crouching Tiger 2006 - 2011
HI

Sorry if this has been posted before but i noticed that mobs attack randomly now not the person who is shooting them. While before mob would attack only person who was shooting them and fapper could fap. But now mob will kill your fapper first then you.

I tried this on several mobs spiders levis warlocks who shoots mob doesn't matter any more.

Time for a break.

regards
Tess
aka
Tees Maar Khan

As a healer, I'm a bit concerned by this bug/feature.

From external angle, it can be considered as an AI improvement... If I was a mob, I would first kill this damned healer who prevents me from killing the damned shooter. :silly2:

Wait and see...

But now mob will kill your fapper first then you.

That is an improvement on their intelligence :p

Now MA just need to teach them how to avoid being stuck and the "bug" that makes them invulnerable from time to time can be expurged from EU once and for all.

Well, folks have been asking for better ai for eons... and lots of folks are saying there needs to be more demand on the crafting side. Suspect that this might make there be more crafters in game if it really is not a bug because all the low level hunters/fappers will want to stay indoors a while?

Hmm.

Making your game more restrictive will not make it more popular... Sorry i can't see any upside to this, imo spending time fixing space would have been more productive, but guess time will tell.

With this i think all it will achieve is less people entering Merry Mayhem and people lowering mobs they hunt... well done.

Either way doesn't affect me.

Last edited:
I noticed this recently hunting pop dragon , does this mean if there was another green dot on radar would go running after it, or is only with avatars within range of the mob attack? :scratch2:

time to do some test :)

It kinda stops people making money off fapping services doesn't it`?

It kinda stops people making money off fapping services doesn't it`?
Yes, which in turn would lower deposits. Sure, decay could increase, but I'm quite sure deposits would decline overall.

Really would love clarifcation on this ma, as it pretty much kills any ability to do old stlye tp runs. I fail to see how it could be a good thing for the game, since its damn hard to protect people and pretty much impossible to run a fap service

At arkadia, I was healing a friend,
To give some perspective as to how aggressive the mob is towrds the healer:

my armor decasy was 10 (my evade is higher than my friend)
my friend armor decay was 18
I was sent to revival after crit hit.

So, as it stands now, healing has to come from a player wiht similar level of hp, evade, and protection (higher protection for lower level players means more decay)
It might call for a lot of inactive mid level players into action from the side line and help their friends.

But I guess, over all this will prevent players from trying to hunt above their hunting levels...
Implications: I dont' know yet!

Last edited:
Stave you just need to hire a resser lol

As a healer, I'm a bit concerned by this bug/feature.
From external angle, it can be considered as an AI improvement... If I was a mob, I would first kill this damned healer who prevents me from killing the damned shooter. :silly2:
Wait and see...

If you were a mob you would attack the closest threatening thing in your attack or vision radius. A fapper standing behind the shooter is not as threatening as the shooter. So attacking the fappers doesn't make any sense for the animal, because they would have to enter into a situation where the animal will be attacked from two sides.

It would however make sense for the animal to attack the fapper after a while as they are usually weaker and the animal may notice that.

Just an opinion though

why should running a fap service be free from problems?

get some armor on, raise your price / hour.

adapt and move on. I like this change since it puts pressure on a proffession who had a quite easy road to travel.

less fap services means para skills raise ( or dont drop as fast ) in value.

cheers

ermik

Doesn't it just mean that a skilled fapper will be more valuable than a fapper with no skills? and isn't this how it should be?

Looks like a case of whine for a week then adjust as usual :)

Stave you just need to hire a resser lol

Lol, I'm seriously beginning to wonder if ma are deliberately making changes now to kill eta and similar services.

Limited team sizes

Recent changes, changes in the behavior of health bars making it harder to track newbies after they die and now mobs that randomly attack anyone rather than who is attacking.

I really fear that if this is intended I won't be able to figure out a solution and ill have no choice but to cease operations untill, if ever, ma make some changes to make it possible to tp run again.

Kinda making me slightly depressed that this could potentially become reality.

LOL, I knew the highly skilled players would love this...

Coz now they'll have less competitor for nice MU items on bigger mobs :)

Especially when it's coming just b4 MM (perfect timing)

MA indeed loves the ubers :)

EDIT:

LOL found this on the other thread.. confirming my thinking:

i like it actually,i have always disliked the fact way lesser skilled avas then me could hunt same mobs if thye use an fapper

Last edited:
Limited team sizes

Recent changes, changes in the behavior of health bars making it harder to track newbies after they die and now mobs that randomly attack anyone rather than who is attacking.

Harness the power of the newbs. Have them file bug reports about this if they are affected.

What was the range of faps? Anyone tried with mindforce yet???

Personally I find it good, fapping on its own was quite boring anyway, but hey I am not really a full time healer, so I understand why people are upset. Mobs and their attacks have just become too predicable and hence... boring.

People will adapt, like they always did when ma changed things.

This has to be a bug actually, imagine the havoc it will cause for solo hunting, killing a mob and suddenly it runs off to someone not attacking it.

This has to be a bug actually, imagine the havoc it will cause for solo hunting, killing a mob and suddenly it runs off to someone not attacking it.

supposing it's not a bug... this mob behavior has to have a range limitation - probably within the range of a MF healer!
I'll try to test it if i get a chance!

I was at Neas.. Fapping the sweaters last night and noticed in the middle my avatar would just start running,as if I hit a hot key each time :scratch2: I did try to do it with MF also and I didn't move so maybe more testing on a singular person hunting is at hand today. I also noticed when I am in team hunting and shooting,I will auto turn and start shooting teammate,which is very frustrating when you hard against a mob attacking you..grrrr! :(

Yes, which in turn would lower deposits. Sure, decay could increase, but I'm quite sure deposits would decline overall.

No decay will decrease, because hunters can´t hire low level FAPers now to hunt big mobs.
This means they would have to pay more for high level FAPers, but very likely downgrade in hunting on mobs where they don´t need a FAPer. No more FAP decay!

I used to hire FAPer on mobs that normally are above my level, where I need to wear my best armor, have a FAPer beside me and still have to use my own FAP, every here and then if I get hit at the upper scale of the damage those mobs deal.

Well, now I can´t do that anymore as won´t pay FAPers armor decay, nor do I know if those FAPers that I normally hire wil survive a single hit of that mobs in question nor do I know if my FAPer will have a armor that fits to these mobs.

I was at Neas.. Fapping the sweaters last night and noticed in the middle my avatar would just start running,as if I hit a hot key each time :scratch2: I did try to do it with MF also and I didn't move so maybe more testing on a singular person hunting is at hand today. I also noticed when I am in team hunting and shooting,I will auto turn and start shooting teammate,which is very frustrating when you hard against a mob attacking you..grrrr! :(

You probably had auto move to target on and had the other person selected and when you shoot you turn to shoot them. :silly2:

Doesn't matter what you face if you have something else selected you will move to that (them) if move to target is selected.:girl:

No decay will decrease, because hunters can´t hire low level FAPers now to hunt big mobs.
This means they would have to pay more for high level FAPers, but very likely downgrade in hunting on mobs where they don´t need a FAPer. No more FAP decay!

I used to hire FAPer on mobs that normally are above my level, where I need to wear my best armor, have a FAPer beside me and still have to use my own FAP, every here and then if I get hit at the upper scale of the damage those mobs deal.

Well, now I can´t do that anymore as won´t pay FAPers armor decay, nor do I know if those FAPers that I normally hire wil survive a single hit of that mobs in question nor do I know if my FAPer will have a armor that fits to these mobs.
Well yeah, I won't disagree with any of that. So, not any is having a FAPer a nice option for the adventurous, but it also helps keep PED flowing.

Why does it have to be a bug?

We keep asking for AI to be improved and that's what they've done. Be careful what you wish for.

The question is how do you want AI to be improved? No one can answer that just keep blurting out we want AI improved. So we have only ourselves to blame.

It's probably not a bug because I saw this before on some mobs like mulmun. Perhaps they've now started adding it to other mobs and made it more frequent.

So is the mob attacking fapper because they are healing, or is mob attacking fapper because so far the fapper has been the weaker target? It makes sense for a creature to attempt to kill the weakest opponent, as this can be done faster, moving the odds back to 1 vs 1.
As for people who can't hunt their uber mobs anymore because they can't use a Fapper, welcome tot he club of people who hunt at their level instead of spending tons more to hunt above it.

Back