Fast disapearing claims?

Einstein

Elite
Society
GD
I had this strange kinda thing happening last night, i went out mining and had 2 hits closely after eachother, when i ran back to the first one to mine it out I got the message that the first one was expired (a poor lyst, normally stays 1 hour).
This happened less than 5 minutes after I claimed that claim :eek: .
Anyone has had the same kinda experience? I never experienced it before.
Is it a known bug? :scratch:

maybe they shortened the period that claims stay? :confused:

Hope its a bug though :mad:

i have had this happen on a few of my nexus in pvp, not sure if it is a bug or not, maybe it is saying poor but gives it a lesser time

might be like what they did to axes..

made changes but didn't tell the community :mad:

uuuuh that sucks! They changed it, or is it a bug? was it like that on the other poor deposits aswell?

And hitman they didnt change the axes.

i thought the efficiency was changed? dmg/pec or something?? :confused:

Hitman said:
i thought the efficiency was changed? dmg/pec or something?? :confused:

Quote from Marco's reply on this on EP forum
No, nothing has changed to the axes. If, and if, any items gets stat changes, it is announced. MA have a policy that items released are not altered, unless deemed a necessity. No such changes have been made to the axes. Period.

Please verify all claims before spreading mass hysteria. Mass hysteria is bad. For everyone.

Have a nice weekend!

This quote found at: http://entropia-pioneers.kicks-ass....&start=45&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Hitman said:
Thanks for pointing that out to me skam :hug:

your very welcome :hug:

All very nice and friendly guys but the problem (or a very similar sounding one) persists.

I was prospecting near Zeus when I placed a 'Great' claim while being hit from behind by a mob. When I had finished scratching the itch my claim had gone (maybe 2 minutes later) - I'm fairly sure it was a 24 hour expiry but it dissapeard and when I tried to re-mine the same location it was dry!

Can anyone throw any light on this one?

I have run into a few of these disappearing claims as well...

Basically, what happens is that some get an invalid expiry-time. One that is actually in the past, like 1601-01-01
These expire within seconds or minutes (I guess as soon as the server runs it's check-for-expired-claims-process the next time).
I have also seen claims with an expiry in the year 25860 or something like that ;) I am not sure if these as well will unpredictably expire.

So, if u see an invalid expiry time when printing the claim, just extract as quickly as possible to get at least something out of it.

Anyway, I have filed a support case on the topic, and I suggest as many of you do it as well, to get focus on this problem and have it resolved quickly. I would hate to see my first Gigantic dep. disappear before my very eyes :o:

/Guleth

GLT said:
I have run into a few of these disappearing claims as well...

Basically, what happens is that some get an invalid expiry-time. One that is actually in the past, like 1601-01-01
These expire within seconds or minutes (I guess as soon as the server runs it's check-for-expired-claims-process the next time).
I have also seen claims with an expiry in the year 25860 or something like that ;) I am not sure if these as well will unpredictably expire.

So, if u see an invalid expiry time when printing the claim, just extract as quickly as possible to get at least something out of it.

Anyway, I have filed a support case on the topic, and I suggest as many of you do it as well, to get focus on this problem and have it resolved quickly. I would hate to see my first Gigantic dep. disappear before my very eyes :o:

/Guleth

Yep yep....Screenshots with time stamps, position etc and of the claim in your invent...

LOTS and LOTS of support cases¬ :tongue2:

Here is the reponse i got from support today:
Support said:
2005-02-25 Einstein:
Hey,
Something strange happened last night while i was mining, it happened east from Port Atlantis, I got 2 hits pretty fast after each other, and when i was running back to the first one to mine it out, i got the message that my secund claim expired.
This happened less then 5 minutes after i claimed that deposit.
It was a poor lyst deposit, wich means it should stay there for an hour.
I've gotten confirmation from other people too that the same bug occured to them.
I hope this can be solved quickly.
Thx in advance

Regards

Einstein

2005-03-09 MindArk Support:
If a mining claim expires it is lost, regardless of reason. MindArk does not compensate this, as stated in the Project Entropia Conditions of Use. Still we will of course investigate this matter.
/Regards

A large Melchi Water expired 403 years before the claiming date.
I'm mad, had less than 1 minute to drill it, obviously not enough :rolleyes:

Oh well, guess I'll just stick with it. (Sorry for the lil whining :laugh: )

Back