Fee free ways to deposit

thoreau

Elite
Hiro Protagonist
With the soon to come announcement some may want to make a largish deposit.

I know in the past doing a wire transfer MA didn't charge a fee but your bank may.

Is this currently the best way to avoid a deposit fee? Do any of the alternatives offer a way to put money in the game without a fee?

I am looking forward to any announcement about paypal option that was mentioned in the roadmap for 2013.

I believe they said early in 2013.

That would be a no fee option...well a dollar to withdraw but what the hey...

I have been using paypal for withdrawals from that other RCE game for 3 years now without one problem. It takes 3-5 working days for a withdrawal to process, very nice indeed. :)

If paypal is indeed coming soon, then this is a revelation to players.

That would be a no fee option...well a dollar to withdraw but what the hey...

Yes, I am looking forward to PayPal as well (given all the recent or not-so-recent problems with alternatives). However, it won't be free. Of course, on the PayPal side it will, but not on the MA side. They will still take their percentage off the deposit. The same for withdrawals. Also, it might not work faster, as the delay is imposed by MA, from what I understand.

This is by no means a complaint, I just want to scale down your expectations. But at the end, you are hitting in the right direction: PayPal will be the cheapest and maybe fastest option in all deposit mechanisms offered. So, let's hope that it will see quickly the proposed implementation.

paypal works for free? no. Paypal UK charge sellers 1.4-3.4%, so at best you can expect only a reduction in fee.

bank transfers are still the best assuming the bank fee is less than the commission fee from your CC or whatever other method used.

For Europeans bank transfer is the best option. I deposited 1450 EURs in November (submitted my transfer on friday, was committed on monday). My bank charged me slightly over 7 EURs for the transfer (EUR is not my primary currency, so it's not a nice round number). So depositing 100 EURs with a bank transfer in Europe might not be the best idea, but when you depo 1k+ the fee becomes very insignificant.

Aussies

Canvas Card Australia.

Monthly Management Fee $2.95
Load: BPAY®$3.95
Mobile transfer with YAP FREE (usually 25c)
Australia Post Reload Pack $3.95
Cash at participating retailers $3.95

YAP (Mobile) all free!

Foreign Exchange Fee 3.5% ...does not seem to apply if Canvas Mx fee paid

When I deposit via bank transfer my only fee is 0.38 euro cents (which my bank charges) and usually takes only 24h or even bit less to be commited (unless I transfer on weekend).
(My main currency is EUR)

since they now have an android app on google store, wouldn't it be swell if google wallet worked as a way to deposit?

Yes, I am looking forward to PayPal as well (given all the recent or not-so-recent problems with alternatives). However, it won't be free. Of course, on the PayPal side it will, but not on the MA side. They will still take their percentage off the deposit. The same for withdrawals. Also, it might not work faster, as the delay is imposed by MA, from what I understand.

This is by no means a complaint, I just want to scale down your expectations. But at the end, you are hitting in the right direction: PayPal will be the cheapest and maybe fastest option in all deposit mechanisms offered. So, let's hope that it will see quickly the proposed implementation.

there is no fee on mindarks side when you deposit with visa card. Its visa that charge you. I dont think paypal is free though, then they wouldnt exist.

there is no fee on mindarks side when you deposit with visa card. Its visa that charge you. I dont think paypal is free though, then they wouldnt exist.

Technically speaking, Visa charges MA and they pass that fee on to you.

Paypal for deposit and withdrawal will be a great addition, as long as MA doesn't charge an extra fee other than the normal Paypal fees. As much as some people "hate" paypal, nearly everyone has paypal, and it will open up their depositor base to many, many more people, especially given the recent problems MA is still having accepting certain credit card deposits. Paypal is viewed by consumers as a safer (and easier) way to pay an unknown company than using a personal credit card or bank transfer, and this is true, since your personal banking details aren't shared with the company you're paying. Most of the other ways to depo cash into EU are not available in the US. Because of MA's past PR problems and many accusations of "it's a scam" on the internet, many potential players don't want to release personal banking info to MA until they see what the game is really like, and Paypal is a great, simple solution... especially if it works with withdrawals too.

Addition: usually, when you make payments with paypal, you don't pay any extra fees. But be assured, the seller IS getting charged a fee to receive payments via paypal. Normal retailers don't charge extra for this, but I'm pretty sure MA will pass it along to us.

Last edited:

Nonsense, Mindark takes 3.5% of every deposit.

All I can say about paypal, is that in the other RCE game, paypal charges me nothing to deposit. And I get charged 1 dollar to withdraw, regardless of size of withdrawal. But I am not sure if that is the game's charge, or paypal's. And I get my money in 3-5 working days.

Compare that to what we have now....no comparision really. :cool:

Nonsense, Mindark takes 3.5% of every deposit.

Nonsense is what you are saying.

Have you ever made a deposit by bank transfer over 2000 USD ?

VISA, Mastercard and even Paypal (so forget about such dreams) charges the sellers a fee.
No problem with that it is their way of business

If MA didn't pass on such fees to the depositors then they would be in trouble wouldn't they ?

(that doesn't mean that I agree that the value of the fee not to be explicit to be used to pay the credit institutions).

Won't be a free option until MA finally decides to accept bitcoin as deposit option.

Nonsense is what you are saying.

Have you ever made a deposit by bank transfer over 2000 USD ?

VISA, Mastercard and even Paypal (so forget about such dreams) charges the sellers a fee.
No problem with that it is their way of business

If MA didn't pass on such fees to the depositors then they would be in trouble wouldn't they ?

(that doesn't mean that I agree that the value of the fee not to be explicit to be used to pay the credit institutions).

I never did a bank transfer. What are the charges to do that?

Not true. MA still has a deposit fee. Deposit $100 U.S. and get only 965ped. That is an MA fee in my book. Some credit card providers don't charge an International exchange fee either.

Citi Bank has no international exchange fee. Charge $100 U.S. on Citi card to MA and get 965ped deposited to your ped card. The charge on you City statment is $100.00 to MA

Last edited:
The fee MA charges for CC deposits may in fact be the fees their charged for a CC transaction, passed back to you via lower ped amount applied to your ped card. But here in the states, CC fees are generaly less than 2% charged to the merchant. So, not sure why MA's fee is 3.5%.

If you make a check deposit of $100.00 to MA, do you still only recieve 965ped on your ped card? I'm asking because I've never made a check deposit to my EU account. If in fact you still only get 965ped applied to your account, then MA does charge a deposit fee irregardless of the deposit method.

hooray for depo w/ Paypal :D :D :D. I cannot wait omg! If we can withdraw with paypal too, that would be an extra awesome.

As for a no fee depo, there are ways to lessen the fee. E.g: If you're going to depo 1 million dollars to buy the new management deeds, do wire transfer because it's only 30 USD (charged by bank).

I do credit card depo's using a cc that gives % cash back. So let's say MA charges 3.5 %, if your cc gives 2 % cashback, the fee is only 1.5 %.

There are some legendary cc deals in the past that did 5 % cash back, so you actually profit form depo'ing. :D You need a super awesome credit score to qualify for those cards, at one point AARP was offering one... discontinued.

USually now, the 5% cashback only lasts 6 months, so for 6 months :p depo and depo and make a profit simply from depo'ing :p

If you make a check deposit of $100.00 to MA, do you still only recieve 965ped on your ped card? I'm asking because I've never made a check deposit to my EU account. If in fact you still only get 965ped applied to your account, then MA does charge a deposit fee irregardless of the deposit method.

MA dont charge at all for bank transfers, as already discussed. what you think is charged by CC companies in the US is neither her nor there for a game company in Sweden.

Back