Feedback on rental service thread layout and pricing

Xanato Xan Kaso

Stalker
Society
The Frozen Flame
Xanato Xan Kaso
Hello with the recent change to Mayhem I am completely restructuring my layout for my rental service thread, if it is not against the rules I would like to get some feed back from this forum since its about a service I am offering. And then once I have settled on an optimal layout for customers I can have the thread deleted or just let it die until feedback is needed again.

In my previous thread I had things sectioned off between a mayhem post and a non-mayhem post. I am thinking of just removing that all together and just have a singular post with my entire inventory, but having the way mayhem pricing is explained so that when it comes mayhem time its just a simple calculation to figure out the cost of a mayhem rental under the new system.

I have the meet and great first page with explanation and a post somewhere with customer reviews (like yelp or google play store)

But as for the layout of the items themselves.

Previously it was.

[all the rings]
[Crit gear]
[Armor]
[Mindforce]
[Weapon Amps]
[Weapons]
The weapons were then subdivided into what mayhem category they fit into Cat 1,2,3 etc. With their base dps, DPP. Tier collateral requirement. and recently I added Effective dps and dps with enhancers, though I am thinking of changing that (more in a bit).

With the new system and no mayhem categories to subdivide them into, I could just list weapons in base dps order with the same information above, in 1 giant table, however I figured that may be an eye sore, especially if you are looking for a certain type of weapon within a certain dps range. With mayhem categories no longer having a hard dps and skill cap, I can make 1 singular post with all pertinent information if displayed correctly. Here is what I thought of and am currently working on, but suggestions on making it better are always appreciated. Here is a link to the thread so you can see its progress as I edit it to the new format, but if I like a suggestion or get multiple players suggesting the same thing I can start reworking the post. Because ultimately my goal is to provide the community Legendary Customer Service (hence the name ) and I want to make this as easy and beneficial for you as possible. So without further ado, my new layout plans for the thread.

So I am keeping most of the other categories
Rings, Crit gear, Armor. Weapon Amps. However I am making Non-Combat or Non-DPS mindforce (Which wording is better?

Then instead of one giant sheet, I am subdividing "Weapons" into the following Categories. Rifles, Pistols. Melee. Mindforce. Loot 2.0 Weapons.
I thought about doing Laser, BLP. Short Blades. Long Blades. etc... But I dont think my inventory is large enough to warrant it.

So if in the "RIFLES" Table next to a weapon a section just Says BLP. Laser. Gauss, Plasma. it should make it pretty easy. Same for the other Groups. With Melee I put Longblade Shortblade, On-hand Club. etc. In mindforce, I just do Pyro. Electric. Cryo...

Each section would then be ranked from lowest base dps to highest base dps. That way you can easily search for what you are looking for.

Example.

MindforceCollateralTierSkill To MaxBase DPSDps Per EnhancerDPS w/ EnhancerDPP
Weapon 13k2Pyro 1010112xxx
Weapon 222k8Cryo 25151.527xxx
Weapon 35k/9k4/7Elecric 3020228/34xxx
Weapon 430k10Pyro 40252.550xxx
Weapon 512k5Cryo 1030345xxx
Weapon 67k3Elecric 15353.545.5xxx

Now to the point I put a pin in before, instead of posting the effective dps and DPSw/ Enhancers, Because I have to use the wiki tool for each weapon and any time i get a higher tiered version or if I have multiple tiers available for rent, I was just thinking of putting XX dps per tier, from its base dps. Because each weapon will be different anyways based on the persons amp choice.

So for weapon 4 it has a base dps of 25 with Tier 10. So I would put dps with enh/ as 50 since the enhancers doubles it, and instead of effective dps, DPS per Enhancer, so 2.5.
Also for weapon 3 I listed two different collaterals and tiers and dps w/ enh, so the player can easily calculate whether they want to go with the tier 4 or tier 7 based on collateral values etc. (Should I use this method, or just stick in 1 value, or the same weapon multiple times with its own tier level and collateral value?

This would give players a quick and easy way to eyeball the weapon they want to use, the dps it would perform as well as how it performs against other weapons I have available along with collateral necessary.

But after the layout changes, I have to do some changes to the way I charge prices. During non-mayhem I made my prices so it was more cost effective to rent than to use limited weapons, as well as easier than buying a weapon, using for a week, and trying to sell it off again. And with the removal of the categories, I cant charge a higher rate for category winning mayhem weapon vs a normal weapon. Since the event has become more standardized I had some ideas about how to standardize my price structure, that way its fair to everyone who rents. I could easily just negotiate each deal individually but eventually I will end up charging two different people different prices for the same weapon(Sales/discounts/specials aside), and that doesn't sit right with me.

During non-mayhem I did not charge extra for higher tiers. I charged on its base dps level, according to the market of limited weapons to ensure renting was cheaper. I also did not take the weapons value into account though I think that should be a part of the equation but I dont know how to calculate that in FAIRLY. But for mayhem with it being about doing as much dps as possible I thought of a fair way to make up for the changes in how mayhem. as well as the costs for tiering and time associated with making weapons better.
Each tier adds 10% extra damage, up to a total of 100% more at tier 10. Since my pricing is already cheaper than limited weapons MU calculated and compared with BASE dps. I thought a FAIR way to price weapons for mayhem rentals would be to add 5% more ped to the cost for each tier a weapon has. So at tier 10, a rental is 50% additional ped. This would also give players some more flexibility in choice. Before, if you wanted to really "WIN" in your category you had to use a certain weapon and had to pay its price, which I will admit is something that was made up arbitrarily but based on what the market base would pay, I lowered my prices over time until I finally found the 'sweet spot' to where items would be rented out frequently and customers very happy with the service. But with this new payment system, it is no longer arbitrary and players can plan and know what to expect.

So what do you guys think about my ideas on the new layout and price structure, what do you think I should change? I am open to suggestions and would greatly appreciate your feedback.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on the pricing structure of Mayhem? Weapons are currently valued on base dps of equivalent weapon to ensure rental is cheaper than limited weapons. But for mayhem an extra 10% dmg for only 5% extra cost per tier. Is that a fair rate? I think it scales fairly but that is my opinion.
I have yet to figure out how to incorporate a fair way to valuate rentals accounting for weapon rarity or value, such as 2.0 weapons. I am thinking of doing a dpp and efficiency multiplier. Loot 1.0 weapons are on a fixed ration of dpp and efficiency, but with loot 2.0 that is not the case so it would vary from weapon to weapon if I could figure out a fair way to do it. So higher the efficiency, higher the multiplier. Same for dpp. And I am thinking something like 3.0 is the 0 value, so dpp below gets a negative modifier reducing cost for rent (for blp, or low efficiency loot 1.0 weapons) and above 3.0 a higher multiplier. And then for loot 2.0 I will make a similar multiplier for efficiency to account for extra valuation perhaps?

Just talking out loud, would really like to get peoples opinions.

So an example (of my current plan with mayhem prices) a weapon that currently rents for 150p a day but saves you 50p a day on limited weapons that is t10, for mayhem would cost 225p a day instead. An extra 75ped, 50% of the cost for 100% more dps. The same weapon at tier 5 would be only an extra 25% ped or 185.5p a day. Each weapon increases savings vs limited weapons of same base dps. The first gun would save you an extra 50p fort he 2x the dmg + another 25p on the 50% savings on the tier pricing. The second gun would save an extra 25 +12.5p for the 50% dmg and the savings on tiers.

Low DPP / Low EFF / High DPS are IHMO much less interesting not.
the structure we learned to love in recent Gold Rush fits all playstyle.
so the main point is to spend the less possible per kill to obtain the
quest token (and it is already a big quest for 90% of hunters (includedme)

Every player has access to 9.060 potential token just shooting with whatever
so the rental fee should be related to DPP

If i can obtain a 3.10 DPP with an armatrix knife at 108% in AH, it is useless
to rent a 2.8 dpp tier 10 xyz to waste an extra 4000 ped being aware that
i will anyway collect my baseline of tokens.

so the better DPP the higher fee for sure. all under 3 and under 64 eff
is beaten by any melee armatrix with a leech amp and should be priced
in an attracrive way.

most precious are critical rate gears (1.5% DPP every 1% and critical gears
that rise dpp in lesser amount

Sorry if the comment is not what you expected, "red pill" from me, always.

in an attracrive way.

I don't think we should discount DPS fully. Higher DPS will still generate more tokens because of a higher cycle rate, and more potential loot events With the vendor stocked, Its going to be race to who can get the tokens first.
I will use a higher DPP/EFF weapon if I can find it but I will not downgrade my DPS to do it.

in an attracrive way.

I don't think we should discount DPS fully. Higher DPS will still generate more tokens because of a higher cycle rate, and more potential loot events With the vendor stocked, Its going to be race to who can get the tokens first.
I will use a higher DPP/EFF weapon if I can find it but I will not downgrade my DPS to do it.

I appreciate both your inputs. And they are both valid. For Msturlese, for the most astute grinder that tracks every penny I think your plan has some merit, but I think the changes to mayhem will increase all the armatrix and non armatrix limited weapon values, there was always a spikes in them during other mayhems, I would assume it would be the same. But not all players can use melee and if they can, its usually at a much lower level than their ranged weapons. But to address your point, that is why I was thinking of adding negative modifiers to prices for the lower efficiency/dpp weapons.

To Ms Chalmers, How much difference would you think using a loot 2.0 weapon that equals your dps would be worth? That is the hard question, especially since they all cost a lot more than loot 1.0 weapons.

So I have done some work and here is what I have for the new layout for weapons. Not all the information is there, be enough to give a good idea of future layout.
RiflesCollateralTierSkill To MaxBase DPSMax DPSDMG/EnhDPPEfficiency
A-3 Justifier Mk. 2, Adjusted3k6Laser Rifle 2331.550.43.152.875
EWE LC-100 Frontier6k5/7Laser Rifle 2841.270.44.1255.70%
Isis CB2413k9BLP Rifle 2752.399.375.232.794
Isis LR 53 Modified20k8Laser Rifle 3059.1106.385.91
Isis LR6345k10Laser Rifle 4271.4142.87.142.78850.5%
Omegaton M83 Predator50k8Laser Rifle 7585.7154.268.572.929
DOA Slugstorm50k9Blp Rifle 84.891.8174.429.182.9465.10%
CDF XTLC 800120k10Laser Rifle 85101.2202.410.122.88

After I get this updated I am going to be updating the pricing model and figuring out how to incorporate it into this. Is the Dmg/Enh superfluous info or is it a good idea so when I have multiple items at different tiers available like the front tier that people can do their own calculations?
My rent across all item is the same. You have the base rate. then the week=x6 and the month =x24 (1 and 6-7) free days respectively giving a nearly 20% reduction in per diem rate on a monthly rental. I am thinking of making a weekend rental deal as well. Fri-Sat-Sun but I haven't figured out how to give an appropriate discount that is less than a week but still fair.

And I am working on a bundle discount for people that rent multiple items. But that can be abused if they rent a really big ticket item like the XTLC 800, but then add a cheaper rental item it could be a a net loss. (I am all for discounts, but if you add a 10p per diem item to your rental, the discount shouldn't be greater than the value of 10 ped), and it gets more complicated when you add in armor and rings and multiple items at a time. but I DO want to reward people some how for doing so. I could do something along the lines of x% off each additional items rental fee. Going from high to low. So If someone rents the xtlc 800 and armor and rings and a crit scope. The xtlc is the normal price, then the rings get a % off their rental, then the armor gets a higher % off its rental, and the sight gets an even higher % off its rental, simple example 1% for first item, 2% for 2nd item, 3% for 3rd item. So that the discount only applies to the additional items not the first item? Thoughts? (1/2/3% are just placeholder numbers, and all of this would stack with investor discounts when we get to the subtotal for the rental so after all the rental items and their applied discounts if you were a tier 1 investor you would get your 5% bonus discount off the rental after all the other discounts were accounted for)

Back