Feffox Queen stress test event

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
During the last few months Planet Calypso has held a series of stress test events to analyze and improve the performance and stability of the servers. While the last two events focused on hardware and network usage our developers have also implemented changes to the platform as well as added a number of extra logging tools to be able to analyze server behavior in even more detail.
In order to evaluate these software changes and new log options Planet Calypso would like to invite all Entropians to a new stress test event on April 1 2015, 08.30 UTC in Port Atlantis on the Eudoria continent.
This time a very rare spawn of Feffox Queens will wreak havoc inside Port Atlantis!
Welcome everyone!

For details about UTC time please see www.entropiauniverse.com/utc

Originally Posted Here

That's 02:00 central time. So this one is at a different time than the others. Glad to see that all time zones are getting some love. I will surly be a pile of shit tomorrow at work though :)

Edit: UNLESS>>>This is an elaborate April Fools Day joke by MA and they just want to give all the US a bad night of sleep :D

our developers have also implemented changes to the platform as well as added a number of extra logging tools

Seriously, MindArk haven't had these probes until now? No wonder people call you the hallmark of incompetence...

Spell it out: This is just to create an "event" to bolster your weekly income. Isn't that more honest (or, probably, completely honest)?

Seriously, MindArk haven't had these probes until now? No wonder people call you the hallmark of incompetence...

Spell it out: This is just to create an "event" to bolster your weekly income. Isn't that more honest (or, probably, completely honest)?

The diablo event paid out way more ped than they took in, and that is without all the pilot skills. Sometimes events take, and sometimes they give. In the long run they are fair, and I would rather have the opportunity to participate if I choose to, than no opportunity at all.

Meh, no feffox queens for me, 1030 over here :(

Lag periods still persist. I'm sure these events have more than one purpose..still have refunds to payout etc. But there have been performance improvements and there's no reason why they can't perform these tests in a fun way.

There's no reason to jump into conspiracies or assume dishonesty. They have a business to run and have a responsibility and incentive to run it well.. with the resources available to them. with that being said, theyve always had logging mechanics in their code (perhaps not the best) and each time they do a stress test, they add more.. which is what any developer would do especially if presented with a complex problem.

Relax and pew pew.

It's really funny if they should go through with it, since most people don't play at this time, and especially on a workday.

April fool's I guess :laugh:

I dont believe anything only if I see it with my own two eyes on the day before and the day after april fools :)

My first thought was also that it is an April Fools... but you never know! :rolleyes:

My first thought was also that it is an April Fools... but you never know! :rolleyes:

that would really suck since me and wife taking warp back to caly for it + getting early out of bed for it

We have no communication and almost no content since months but hey still have time for april fools :wtg::wtg:

Its a funny time for a weekday. I guess Entropians in Australia might just be getting home from work though :)

Lag periods still persist.
Right. So they (MA) display they haven't yet inserted probes into their software/networking stack to the precision required to answer these questions, and solve the problems.

After... how many years?

A completely new employee on any software development project of this kind should know about this, and how and why to do it.

I myself told them about this when I joined EU as a customer, 2009, and offered my services - explaining I had more than enough experience. They ignored my offer. Not declined, ignored.

Now, half a decade later they finally realize they are in too deep, and now they think it's worthwhile to profile (measure performance of) the system?

If that's the kind of quality in all of EU's management, it's no wonder EU is "just surviving". Barely.

I do hope Serica doesn't see this as a "too negative" post, and once again ban me a month from EU. *fingers crossed*

Its a funny time for a weekday. I guess Entropians in Australia might just be getting home from work though :)

Just what I was thinking. It'll be 3:30 AM here. Even for me, that's pretty damn late. Europeans will mostly be at work. That only leaves hardcore West Coast people, Aussies and a handful of players from Eastern Asia.

:dunno:

Edit.. sorry just realized it was 0800 instead of 2000

Last edited:
Just what I was thinking. It'll be 3:30 AM here. Even for me, that's pretty damn late. Europeans will mostly be at work. That only leaves hardcore West Coast people, Aussies and a handful of players from Eastern Asia.

:dunno:

And those of us that get home from work at 1AM EST :eyecrazy: Guess I'll check it out since I'll be logged in to wind down before bed anyway.

I'm at work at 0830, could someone please scan it and post a pic here of its stats:

Feffox

Thanks in advance!

Well, off to bed early for a nap and see you all in a few hours ;)

If this isn't an Aprils Day Fool.

Then let me be the first to say....

Ahhh... the Egg '-)

If you loot one, you just hit the jackpot! :)

I dont believe anything only if I see it with my own two eyes on the day before and the day after april fools :)

Everyone gets an ATH and when you look in your inventory, it is empty except for a note that says 'Ha Ha April fools!'

:dunce:

1000s of rare loot hofs everyone gets atleast a handfull.......... 1000tt wall hanging that says "April Fools"
1000tt, cant be traded or tted. (can tt for 0ped)

IT: We need more servers
MA: No we don't
IT: Yes we really need to put in more servers as in the past
MA: No we don't
IT: YES WE DO
MA: Ok run a test
IT: Fine!
IT: See we need more servers
MA: Run one more test
IT: See
MA: One More
IT: Look at this one!
MA: One More please and if you can use larger mobs

20 mins to go. Wonder if the servers will hold for all the seven people available to play at this time?

Well loggin in now, taking a look :D

Lets see if it is Aprils Foul or not :cool:

its a damn lottery =). got over 100dps, and cant get over 2 ped from the queens. :scratch2::scratch2:

Is there a Feffox spawn of youngs and mature's only, I went south of Fort Zeus and its just a mess of high-end mobs!

Armor is decaying fine, my fap is decaying too to keep me up but i get no defensive skills at all..

Back