Fight for Aid to Japan

Meculus

Elite
Blastoise Meculus Yarlboro
Total Collected so far: 1140 ped

I'm working on an auction and some additional events currently, and will update this post accordingly

Since my request in the original post was denied I have submitted a second request for two things,

1: that the event registration fees i pay for any events toward this cause are added to the pool

2: that the fee for withdraw is waived for the funds once pulled out of EU. I will continue my efforts until there is a sum large enough to pull out and donate.

I have decided after lengthy research that "Direct Relief International" will be a good organization to donate to. See the links below for information on them.

Direct Relief International
Japan Donation Policy
Better Business Bureau Accreditation
Reference of organization from Charitynavigator.com

Auctioning off three Gungnir to raise additional funds <----- Click for Thread

OP:
I will be structuring events at Fortress invincible (north of Tukar) this evening and in the coming days where 100% of the proceeds from ticket sales will be donated to aid those affected by the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. I have sent out emails to hanne and Marco requesting their support to expidite access to funds for japanese aid organizations.

Quote:
"Marco, Hanne

I am going to start a series of pvp events this evening at the fortress near Tukar where all peds spent on tickets are to be donated to aid those in Japan affected by the earthquake and Tsunami. I can of course withdraw these peds and provide documentation of where it is all going however that will take a lot of time during the withdraw process and some may not have faith of my intentions. Is it possible to have all peds from this event pulled directly from my avatar by SDS or Mindark and donated directly through you to expedite this process?"

If my request is not met by SDS or Mindark I will withdraw and donate directly myself and provide documentation of where the funds are going here on the forum. I am open to suggestion if any of you have knowledge of what organizations are reputable and will utilize the funds to their fullest potential to help those in need.

I have also filled a shopkeeper at my shop in PA mall lvl 2 #1 with different priced stacks of ammo 10 ped, 20 ped, 50 ped, 100 ped. Any peds received through purchase of these will be donated to the cause as well.

All events will have the title "Fight for Aid to Japan" and the event host will be me: Blastoise Meculus Yarlboro

Stay tuned for Dates and times or simply look at the in game events list for events hosted by me with the appropriate title. See a good list of info links on this tragedy on Angel's post here: Japan hit by 8.9 earthquake

Dates and times :

March 15th
00:00-1:00 Fight for Aid to Japan
1:30-2:30 Another Fight for Aid to Japan
18:00-19:00 Fight Again for Aid to Japan

-

Last edited:
Very generous of you!
Good luck with the events!

Times updated

Good luck with this, its a nice idea... Unfortunately my 30 quid depo was lost within 24 hrs at the weekend so I cant take part :rolleyes: But I think I will just send next weeks depo to the cause :)

I have also filled a shopkeeper at my shop in PA mall lvl 2 #1 with different priced stacks of ammo 10 ped, 20 ped, 50 ped, 100 ped. Any peds received through purchase of these will be donated to the cause as well.

First round starts in 30 min :)

Thank you to those who have purchased tickets to the first event:

Bare BareBones Bones
Blower Needs JoePilar
kilya kilyabel maroucha

Well looks like 2nd round maybe a bit too late at night ;) 150 ped toward the cause so far, next event 1800 :)

Gonna keep doing this until a decent amount raised to donate :)

Next round in 30 minutes!!

Thanks for 10 ped donations from:

Akon TrusT Konvicted
Neo The Famous Trader Sharp

still waiting to hear back from SDS or MA on my requests, will be many more events to come soon

Thank you for your 10 ped donation Chiba NikLin Tadayoshi

Finally received a response to my request... DENIED!

On well, no surpise, simple solution :)

I will simply use my credit card to donate the total dollar value as soon as i finish up a series of events, and and auction I will schedule here shortly, then in 60 days or so once the withdraw goes through I'll pay off my credit card, done and done.

I'm selling 3 Gungir choppers and will donate ALL of the proceeds from these sales to aid those in japan that need it. The official auction for this I will announce in this thread later this weekend, I would like to encourage anyone else with items to auction off for this cause to either contact me, or simply add in this thread that you are selling your item for the sake of the donation and I will collect peds for the stack accordingly.

I would also like to encourage LA owners to assist in this effort, I would like to dedicate a day to raise money for this cause that LA owners will donate all or part of their tax revenues. I will contact as many as I know here shortly and attempt to get a decent amount together and set an official "Hunt for Aid to Japan" event. If you are a land owner, or know one, please contact me with what you may be willing to contribute to the cause.

Will have all up and running in short order now that I have my answer from MA. Please direct your friends to this thread and lets show what our unique community can really do for our fellow man.

I'm going to add this aswell;

I think we should observe a moment for the emergency workers in the power plants. Some are already displaying signs of radiation poisoning but keep going back in to pump water on those reactors. These people are truly selfless heros. They are slowly killing themselves to protect their country men. If nothing else, lets all give them a place of honour.

There are many people in distress, homeless, not enough food/medicine, etc. Alone we can each donate money to help but as a community we can do a little bit more. I am going to say we all post how much, and some kind of proof, we donated to relief in Japan. I'm also going to challenge planet partners and MA to each match the amount donated by the community.

Posting this on NI and RT forums as well.

EDIT, okay proving the donation seems to be a bit difficult, here's the best I could do. It's a cut and paste from the e-mail receipt.

From: Canadian Red Cross / Croix-Rouge canadienne <message@e2rm.com>
Subject: Thank you for your support!
Date: March 17, 2011 12:01:03 AM CST
To: Corey **Last name and e-mail address removed*****
Reply-To: onlinedonations@redcross.ca

Dear Corey **last name removed**,

Thank you for your gift of $50.00 on Mar 17, 2011 1:57 AM.

Thank you again for your support. An official tax receipt will follow by email.

Fund: Japan Earthquake/Asia-Pacific Tsunami 2011
Canadian Red Cross
Charity Registration Number: 119219814RR0001
http://www.redcross.ca

If you are having trouble viewing the above web address, copy & paste the entire URL into the address bar of your browser.

IS THIS EMAIL GOING TO YOUR JUNK/BULK FOLDER?
Add message@e2rm.com to your address book to ensure that you receive all future emails in your Inbox.

FYI, Lykke has donated 200, making the total 250. Come on, many ways to raise money for Japan. Put pressure on Planet partners to help.

Thanks John Erastothenes Bluetail and Buzz Eric Lightyear for your 25 ped donations :)

This is a great idea and I wish you the best of luck with it:) If my auction ever sells, I would love to make a donation to this cause and I hope many others will too:)

Keep up the Great Work:D

IF WE GET 5-6 pages more on this Thread: Send this Thread To Your Local News Station(Fox,CBS,Etc...) Just An Idea:dunno:

I Love This Idea, it Almost shows The Tie of Real Life And Virtual Life.. (Ever Notice The Real Items Tab on Aucton ;) )

This Is A great Idea And Could really pull people out of the box.. We Just had a catastrophic event happen in our real world, that Stopped Anybody in that area Who may play this game(if any) to no longer be able to Enjoy What we do everyday(ok now read that same line, but like this) : They cant do what we are capable of Doing at this moment in time... people have lost their lives(Homes,JObs,Food, etc) & for some "Their lives"!! I will Donate.. For me its almost like a Double life by Donating Cash And Ped, but when i look at the whole Picture on both sides its Beneficial(i hope lol)... This Thread Could mark a monument here in EU for those Workers Who Have Decided Death For their land..Thats F**Kin Heart that none of these pk'ers can say they have, Because its something you would have to just Do!

Good Thread Sir

PM me ill Depo By The 11th

Thanks guys :) I'm currently working on arrangements for the big multi LA event to raise some funds, thanks for you offers, will keep plugging away :)

Cheers

Reactions: das
Japan is a strong country. They managed to move on on their own and recover from a devastating cataclysm. I am sure they would appreciate any kind of help. But I do not think they need money. They are one of the strongest economies in the world. Money, they have. Technologies, they have. People that are willing to help? Too many. They do not need more volunteers. They said so. People who live in japan live their life the way it used to after only few days. Economy is working. They help each other.
I think is a nice initiative. I also think is nice to think about other people pain and suffering. To have empathy. But is also important to have a sense of proportion. You would get from those events a drop in the ocean. It won't make a difference in any way.

I would not take part in anything like that. I have a lot of respect for Japan. I know the kind of help is none of the kind I can give.

Japan is a strong country. They managed to move on on their own and recover from a devastating cataclysm. I am sure they would appreciate any kind of help. But I do not think they need money. They are one of the strongest economies in the world. Money, they have. Technologies, they have. People that are willing to help? Too many. They do not need more volunteers. They said so. People who live in japan live their life the way it used to after only few days. Economy is working. They help each other.
I think is a nice initiative. I also think is nice to think about other people pain and suffering. To have empathy. But is also important to have a sense of proportion. You would get from those events a drop in the ocean. It won't make a difference in any way.

I would not take part in anything like that. I have a lot of respect for Japan. I know the kind of help is none of the kind I can give.

I'm well aware of the fact that whatever is raised here will be proportionally nothing compared to what is needed, that's obvious. However a couple bucks can keep an aid worker fed for a day, a couple hundred can keep an aid worker housed, a couple thousand can fly an aid worker out and give them what they need to survive while they dig through the rubble, or console and orphaned child. A couple bucks can pay for iodine pills that are in short supply, if it wasn't for thousands of people who all gave just a little bit, the masses of assistance that nations and organizations provide would not be as strong. I don't aim to fix the whole worlds problems with this, I'm simply trying to put some effort in and help out in a way that I am able. I'm not looking down on anyone that chooses not to participate, and many wont, however I will still do my part.

new info added to OP

Finally received a response to my request... DENIED!

Maybe you should make MA aware to what other gaming companies have helped raise.

http://i.massively.joystiq.com/2011/04/03/eve-online-players-raise-over-44-000-for-japan-relief-fund/

Auction added to OP or click HERE

Thank you for your donation of 250 peds Corey Greyfox Grifydd :)

two of the gungirs now sold, adding 660 to the pool, will be having a massive event in the coming weeks, thanks everyone for your support!!

Back