Figured out how to run EU in windowed mode

Jaas

Prowler
Society
The Prophecy
Zanzibar Zani Jones
Ok this is sort of a solution as to how to run EU in a windowed environment.
Remote into the system that is running it. I Have EU on my desktop at home, and I remote into it from the bedroom with my laptop. Sure it runs a bit slower, but I can still play and I can do other stuff :)

Of course people will probably complain about this solution, but I don't care cuz it works for me :)

Jaas said:
Ok this is sort of a solution as to how to run EU in a windowed environment.
Remote into the system that is running it. I Have EU on my desktop at home, and I remote into it from the bedroom with my laptop. Sure it runs a bit slower, but I can still play and I can do other stuff :)

Of course people will probably complain about this solution, but I don't care cuz it works for me :)

It's not a windowed nothing, and surely not an environment, it's just remote control.

There is a valid possiblity to run EU in windowed mode on the same station where you want other windows visible as well. No performance decrease.

Why don't you play with your laptop?

for that matter, you can probrably set up vmware to run on top of linux, then run EU under a windows virtual machine.

Eu would think that its full screen, and to the windows VM it is. except your running the VM itself in a window x-windows.

though this would i think take some skill with linux and windows to get everythign to report to windows correctly, especially the video card.

Kay-T said:
for that matter, you can probrably set up vmware to run on top of linux, then run EU under a windows virtual machine.

Eu would think that its full screen, and to the windows VM it is. except your running the VM itself in a window x-windows.

though this would i think take some skill with linux and windows to get everythign to report to windows correctly, especially the video card.

That is not possible as the VMWare display driver can't handle DX7 requests (long way to full DX9 HAL).

For linux I heard Cedega offers some support for running Entropia Universe. I have no idea if it is possible to make it work with the standard Wine.

Standard WINE is close to have 100% DX9 support integrated.
I look forward to switch to playing from within linux hopefully in about 6 months or earlier.

:D

mrproper said:
That is not possible as the VMWare display driver can't handle DX7 requests (long way to full DX9 HAL).

For linux I heard Cedega offers some support for running Entropia Universe. I have no idea if it is possible to make it work with the standard Wine.

Latest VMware runs dx9 just fine.

e-lite said:
Latest VMware runs dx9 just fine.

My bad :D

Gotta check that out on the linux version. I had some issues with the no-the-last-version of VMWare.

Back